10+ Year Old Account

Got a new computer...

And I copied everything over from my old computer, yet when i open wow it starts downloading the patches (around 7gigs) you are supposed to be able to just copy the wow directory onto a new computer and gogo anybody know why its making me download the shit even though i copied everything?
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Why are people so afraid of downloading and waiting some time, when they get a "insert new gadget" ? Just watch some TV, take a nap... I dont know

Deleted
    Because the update files are not stored in the WoW folder. They are hidden in the user folder in windows.

10+ Year Old Account
    the wow folder is in the user folder in windows (and blues have said that you can just copy and paste the wow folder and it will work just fine)
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Somehow you failed to copy it only explanation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the Computer Forums.
    Dawwwwwww

Copying the wow directory in my experience is hit or miss and it (for me) ends up being more trouble then its worth. Just go download the installer form your battle net account.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post
    the wow folder is in the user folder in windows (and blues have said that you can just copy and paste the wow folder and it will work just fine)
    It defaults to the "Program Files (x86)" folder for installation. If you still have the old data intact, check that folder. Or just "Program Files" if you're on a 32-bit Windows install.

I have moved my WoW folder across many computers, it's worked fine for me each time.
    Super casual.