Thread: Priest spec

Priest spec

Ive been thinking alot about my holy spec and started to wonder why not try to get in shields aswell?
    So was looking around and as i cant post link it was 7/31/3 - 0 twin disiplines, 2 in improved PW:Shield, 2 in Soul Warding and 3 in Darkness the 31 point in holy tree was fairly normal still.

Say you are on atremedes hc air phase and insted of stopping and casting u running and shielding. Or magmaw downphase, shield up hop on the manatrain. Or p2 of chimaeron shield like hell. Stuff like this could be usefull but would it be beneficial taking this insted of the other normal things?

What do you think?

and im sorry if this thread has allrdy been up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might work, but it could be quite mana expensive without Rapture. I'm not sure if missing out on Twin Discipline is worth it though.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

In my opinion, Twin Discipline is a MUST.
    It is a simple 2% increase in healing done for 1 point!
    That beats more absorption for a shield by a mile for me.
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

Without mastery from disc, shields are bleh and you should likely let the disc priest do the shielding. Also the mana expense on shields is astronomical, gearing mastery spirit w/ around 2500spirit unprocced is murderous on mana as is.

Deleted
    what others said, shield spam on disc is expensive enough... wouldnt try it in holy if my life depended on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    what others said, shield spam on disc is expensive enough... wouldnt try it in holy if my life depended on it
    He's not talking about spamming PW:S (I think). More like supplementing your Holy spells with PW:S more often. Still not a good idea, but you could do it. And I would if my life actually depended on it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Thanks for replys. And some interesting points, atleasy the one where i dont got mastery, totally forgot that. Might be better on end of expansion whit way more int and mp5.

Quote Originally Posted by lithial View Post
    0 twin disiplines, 2 in improved PW:Shield, 2 in Soul Warding and 3 in Darkness the 31 point in holy tree was fairly normal still.
    Losing 6% throughput on every spell you cast (including PW:S) to gain 20% on shields that even if used moderately aggressively as holy isn't worth it as holy. TD is a must.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

I agree with what others have said here. If a raid needs shield spamming, they need a Disc priest (and they need to Innervate spam that priest). In order to be able to "spam" shields, a Holy priest would have to gimp their throughput so much that they'd lose most of the reason why raids actually WANT Holy priests in the first place. Better to go "properly" Holy or "properly" Disc rather than gimp one spec to gain an ability of which you won't even reap half the benefits because those benefits are too deep into the Disc tree for you to reach them.