10+ Year Old Account

What can druids solo in Cata?

My druid was my main throughout WotLK and in Cata was my 1st to 85, but since them i've been playing my DK a lot!
    Now I want to come back to my druid and finish some achievements.

1st one i want to do is my 100 mounts (currently sat on 94 +2 ramkahen, 2 from TB which leaves 2 mounts.)

Can druids solo normal Slabhide/Altrius? I know DKs are able to but how is bear self healing since the change to leader of the pack?

Many thanks in advance.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why wont you get old mounts from tbc, wotlk or classic?

Deleted
    Doesn't seem like it.

My bear gear is moderate raid level (358, no weapon though) and with some shadowmeld play I could *reach* Slabhide, but there's simply not enough healing (even with popping out on air phase to lb/rejuv) and damage to solo a normal boss and he finally killed me after 4-5 air phases. Maybe in full hc raid gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you never got lucky with the Blue Proto from H.UP, that's very soloable as a druid now. I've had it on farm since I hit 85. (On my warrior, but my druid was actually my first to cap, tried it with him first. Very easy.)

Also, dont forget about the Camel Figurine in Uldum. It has a chance to teleport you to a boss that drops a unique gray camel that you can't get through rep. There's also the ones from Tol Barad if you don't mind sacrificing the epic trinkets for a few weeks.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

It would help if you listed the mounts you have, at very least of the dropped ones. With 90+ mounts I'm assuming you have all the purchaseable/rep/honor ones. Then we'd be much better able to help figure out what would be your easiest ones to go after.

Deleted
    Google wow mounts on the top there is a site, where you manage your collection and see which mounts you have yet obtained! Helped me alot

wowhead actually has a really nice feature for that now. I stopped using wowmounts myself personally once I knew that. Plus it means you're adding to the wowhead database making it more complete and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question was about soloing Slabhide/Altrius not what mounts I could get.
    Sorry that sounded a bit Blunt.

Blue Proto Drake dropped on my first solo attempt on my DK.

Here is my list
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collection.php?id=36716

If i was stuck at 99 i would probably buy the Celestial Steed.
    I also have enough gold to purchase Vial of the Sands, Tundra Mammoth and the Grand Ice Mammoth.
    (But free mounts are best)

As you have to do all the trash up to the first boss you can't really skip much stuff, negating the stealth-advantage a druid usually offers if nothing else. Thats whats driving me away from trying again, last time I tried it didn't work so I wouldn't bother trying unless you have very good gear.
    There are easier mounts to farm like blue proto drake or stratholme steed. Personally I'd consider tundra mammoth as well, as its very handy in raids when theres no eng for jeeves around (which is the case with my 10m).

There's really only these drop mounts to consider:

Ashes of Al'ar TK (25N) maybe possible
    Deathcharger's Reins Stratholme Easy Solo
    Invincible's Reins The Lich King Icecrown Citadel (25H) impossible
    Mimiron's Head Yogg-Saron Ulduar (25N) impossible
    Reins of the Azure Drake Alexstrasza's Gift The Eye of Eternity maybe possible but unlikely
    Reins of the Black Drake Sartharion The Obsidian Sanctum (10N) maybe possible but unlikely
    Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake Skadi the Ruthless Utgarde Pinnacle (H) easy solo
    Reins of the Bronze Drake Infinite Corruptor Caverns of Time (H) probably possible
    Reins of the Drake of the North Wind Altairus The Vortex Pinnacle maybe possible, cutting edge
    Reins of the Drake of the South Wind Heart of Wind Throne of the Four Winds impossible
    Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth Boss Drop Vault of Archavon maybe possible
    Reins of the Grey Riding Camel Dormus the Camel-Hoarder easy solo hard find
    Reins of the Onyxian Drake Onyxia Onyxia's Lair (25N) maybe possible, cutting edge
    Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake Aeonaxx Deepholm maybe possible, cutting edge
    Reins of the Raven Lord Anzu Sethekk Halls (H) easy solo
    Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake Time-Lost Proto Drake The Storm Peaks easy solo hard find
    Reins of the Twilight Drake Sartharion The Obsidian Sanctum (25N) probably impossible
    Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake Slabhide The Stonecore maybe possible, cutting edge
    Swift White Hawkstrider Kael'thas Sunstrider Magisters' Terrace (H) easy solo
    Blue Qiraji Resonating Crystal Zone Drop Temple of Ahn'Qiraj easy solo
    Green Qiraji Resonating Crystal Zone Drop Temple of Ahn'Qiraj easy solo
    Red Qiraji Resonating Crystal Zone Drop Temple of Ahn'Qiraj easy solo
    Yellow Qiraji Resonating Crystal Zone Drop Temple of Ahn'Qiraj easy solo

You don't have baron rivendare's mount. That's an easy solo for any class and farmable (tho it's easy to hit the 5 instance/hour lockout). There's nothing else really you don't have that is currently being soloed. The Cata ones would be cutting edge for extreme solo (do the mounts even drop on regular? heroic would be impossible imo).

You could try Malygos 10 man and sartharion 10 but honestly both would be so tuff versus just getting a pug together (if even possible at all solo) that it wouldn't be worth it all if you only cared about the mount (versus soloing for soloing sake).

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a lucky sonofab***h and had Anzu and Kael'thas drop the raven and white hawkstrider on the same day!

---------- Post added 2011-03-14 at 09:09 PM ----------

Because this turned into a mounts thread it seems that the Champion's Purse at the argent tournament has a 100% chance of dropping a champions seal. That's an extra 4 a day!