Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Hello guys, can any help me? I want to know if my gear is ready to tank Firelands (first bosses, pug.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kdecker/simple

(my shoulder is pvp because i dont have lucky in za/zg.)
    Thanks
    I would said it is ok...

I just not a big fan of using PVP gear is a raid.

Just let your healers take a shot with you and give you the feedback.

Hello guys, can any help me? I want to know if my gear is ready to tank Firelands (first bosses, pug.)

Thanks
    The gear is ok, but you may want to revisit your talent spec. I'd recommend dropping Primal Madness and Stampede to pick up Perserverence -- 6% spell damage mitigation is very, very nice in Firelands. Also consider glyphing Frenzied Rejuvenation.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Thanks guys.

@Bigslick

Ok, i forgot the glyph lolz, thanks for the advice on the talents.

Yea ZA/ZG was pretty mean to me on drops as well until i didnt need them anymore lol then my loots startin droppin all the time >_<!

Thanks
    Log out in pve gear

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to make my resto druid a feral. This is what I've come up with so far:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ck/Oreb/simple

Which trinkets do you guys think I should shoot for? So far I have some hit rating with stacking agi which seems awful for tanking but I have no other trinkets. I could buy the armor justice point trinket, farm up some 346 blues... already ran BoT and BWD this week so that's out of the question until next week.

I checked some guides, checked all the best geared feral tanks on my realm, and I can't seem to find a consensus. Some stack stam, some agi, some a mix of stam and agi. Which is considered to be the best for ferals these days?

Also, will my pvp shoulders be a liability? Agi and stam are the most valuable tanking stats from what I have heard, so it shouldn't be a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    I decided to make my resto druid a feral. This is what I've come up with so far:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ck/Oreb/simple

Which trinkets do you guys think I should shoot for? So far I have some hit rating with stacking agi which seems awful for tanking but I have no other trinkets. I could buy the armor justice point trinket, farm up some 346 blues... already ran BoT and BWD this week so that's out of the question until next week.

I checked some guides, checked all the best geared feral tanks on my realm, and I can't seem to find a consensus. Some stack stam, some agi, some a mix of stam and agi. Which is considered to be the best for ferals these days?

Also, will my pvp shoulders be a liability? Agi and stam are the most valuable tanking stats from what I have heard, so it shouldn't be a big deal?
    Stam vs agi is an ages-old argument that will never see a 100% consensus. Most will agree that you don't want to push too much of just one, though. The direction I've gone is to have enough stamina to not be 2-shot, and then stress agi after that (with the option to swap in dual stam trinkets and/or a stam flask for fights with extreme health requirements or a high component of magic damage).

Talents and glyphs look fine, though I'd recommend putting in glyph of frenzied rejuvenation. The front post of this thread is still a great guideline, and I'd encourage you to go generally by that. For your current gear, reforge out of haste first, then hit, expertise, and lastly crit towards dodge. The only time you'd reforge from mastery to dodge is if it's the only secondary stat on a piece of gear (typically only the case on trinkets or pvp gear).

The 371 pvp shoulders are actually quite nice until you have a relatively-close ilvl pve alternative. You give up the budget on one secondary stat, but the extra agi and stam go a long ways to make up for it.

For trinkets, don't waste your time with the JP armor trinket. A better and easily acquired trinket for now would be Tia's Grace, though other trinkets are readily obtained from either the new FL rep or from one of the FL daily chains (I forget which).

Fully gemmed, enchanted, and reforged, you should be fine to switch to a tanking role at your current progression with competent healers (just make sure to use your defensive CD's liberally).

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is an agi trinket with a crit proc (or maybe on use, I'd have to check) which is 365 ilevel that I can get from the Firelands dailies, but I got a bit tired of my druid a couple months ago so I mostly only played on my warrior and other alts. Then I got the bright idea to make my druid feral (I was a feral tank at level 70 for over a year) and that revitalized my interest in the class so I started up on the dailies. I have 11 more days before I can buy that trinket.

Should I replace my bracer / ring enchants with stam or are the agi versions fine?

Tia's Grace should be rather easy to get to hold me off until I can get something better, I'll try to get that then. Maybe buy some cheap BOEs, thinking about buying valor bracers since I just sold two Living Embers.

Hi,

I'm clueless about druids and only managed to lvl one myself to lvl30.

But I got lucky when the "ranseur of hatred" dropped in my solo FL trash runs (4th one >.<) and I want to give it as a present/suprise to our guild bear tank. I'm not sure which enchant to put on it. If it's a close call (from what i read here), which would you advise? And if it's a bit encounter specific, can i get an example? He's mostly doing the harder tank jobs in encounters (not sure what to call MT or OT since ive seen many fight where OT is the harder job).

Thanks in advance and please forgive me my ignorance about druids :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranseur is not really all that great for Bears, much better for a kitty. Depending on what he would be upgrading from though it may help but the Flamesycthe is much better for bears. But in any case +130 agi is the best enchant
    Victoria Aut Mors

Quote Originally Posted by uzumati View Post
    Ranseur is not really all that great for Bears, much better for a kitty. Depending on what he would be upgrading from though it may help but the Flamesycthe is much better for bears. But in any case +130 agi is the best enchant
    Our kitty stopped playing and else i'd give it to a hunter... Our bear has malevolance ilvl359 so i think it's definitely an upgrade over that with reforging some haste away.

And thx for the enchant advise :>

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Rawr Ranseur ranks just above 359 Malevolence and just below 372 Malevolence. Hate to say it if the hunter is in need it will do more for them.
    Victoria Aut Mors

According to Rawr Ranseur ranks just above 359 Malevolence and just below 372 Malevolence. Hate to say it if the hunter is in need it will do more for them.
    hmm, that sucks, so it seems that this poleaxe is on par with the crafted BS according to the rankings.

Ah well, I guess every weapon is a hunters weapon...

On the bright side, flamescythe will be his when it drops because for the hunter it will be just side grade and for the bear a definitely upgrade.

Again thanks for the advise, really appreciated!

359 Malevolence
    228 Mastery (1.27)

Vs

378 Ranseur
    67 Agi
    99 Sta
    9 Dodge (0.05%)
    147 Crit (0.82%)
    152 Haste (1.19%)
    120.8 Melee DPS
    946 Melee Min Damage
    1419 Melee Max Damage

More than a little difference.

Wait, are you talking about for hunters? I'm pretty sure Rawr's hunter module is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Wait, are you talking about for hunters? I'm pretty sure Rawr's hunter module is broken.
    No, for Bears. 372 Malevolence is better than 378 Ranseur for tanking.

RIght now i am cleaning up the guild

Sorry if this has been asked before; I see druids re-forging to mastery, if no mastery on item. Else re-forge to dodge if mastery is on item.

Surely 1 state has to be better than the other? If not, some explaining would be nice. I always just re-forged all items to dodge.

i find reforging to dodge EVERYTIME to be the best choice.
    seeing firelands bosses keeps hitting harder the more you progress, so dodge gets more viable seeing it mitrigates 100% damage.
    where you have to REALLY keep stacking mastery for it to become as good.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    any bears ere done alsrazor 10 heroic ? what gear set up you using, full bear with only dps trinkies? or full dps set? atm i using bear gear with dps trinkys, altho hatchlings go down ok most of time theres one r two moments where my hatchling is not quite dead at firestorm or tornado phase, so im guessing i can sueeze a lil more dmg out.. got quite a few sub 30% tries on our first night so should kill it sunday. and we get him to about 60% ish when he lands.

trinkets i been using r fluid death and hyal agi use trinky,, i also have UH, heroic priestors mach, (just respecced and reforged to try summit different ready for sunday incase you look me up)
    anyway, any thoughts from any bears whove done it would be cool
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!