1. #1

    Did we lose Skull Bash in MoP?

    Please, tell me this isn't true and I'm just missing something.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Venteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    601
    Boomkin/Tree lost powershifting to skull bash, but I believe ferals (and guard) still have it. I'll double check now.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

    Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

  3. #3
    Warchief Hinalover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,091
    Feral's and Guardians still have it. However the cooldown is now set at 15 seconds instead of 10 talented, 60 seconds not talented, same with a lot of other classes.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Venteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    601
    For boomy we may be able to use the Fae Silence glyph as a better version of shifting kitty to skull bash on Live. I haven't tested it, but it would be a 15 second CD silence:

    http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=114237/...lence#comments

    I definitely see it getting nerfed if we can do it as non-guardians.
    Last edited by Venteus; 2012-07-31 at 04:58 PM.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

    Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    For boomy we may be able to use the Fae Silence glyph as a better version of shifting kitty to skull bash on Live. I haven't tested it, but it would be a 15 second CD silence:

    http://mop.wowhead.com/spell=114237/...lence#comments

    I definitely see it getting nerfed if we can do it as non-guardians.
    considering that it costs a glyph and still requires you to shift, it seems like a fair enough option. Although perhaps it's the range that makes it overpowered for Balance Resto?

  6. #6
    I pvp'd a bit as moonkin, its funny having both stampeding roar glyphs as you can use it out of cat and bear + 30 yds which is awesome when moving as a group. Then moonbeast, and u can heal yourself a good amount. Just dont get interrupted when casting your hourlong healing touch.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Venteus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    considering that it costs a glyph and still requires you to shift, it seems like a fair enough option. Although perhaps it's the range that makes it overpowered for Balance Resto?
    It's the short cooldown on it that has me thinking it might get nerfed, at least the caster specs. Either way I hope it doesn't.

    So what are glyphs looking like for PvP Moonkins?

    - Fae Silence
    - Moonbeast
    - Nature's grasp or Solar beam?
    Kil'Jaeden - US

    Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

  8. #8
    Yep, balance/resto lost skull bash, enrage in bear form to get more rage for frenzied regen, 2 charges of nature's grasp (all specs lost this), and thorns (again, all specs lost this). Also, bash has been moved to a talent so it's no longer baseline.

  9. #9
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    It's the short cooldown on it that has me thinking it might get nerfed, at least the caster specs. Either way I hope it doesn't.

    So what are glyphs looking like for PvP Moonkins?

    - Fae Silence
    - Moonbeast
    - Nature's grasp or Solar beam?
    Solar beam i always found a little lackluster. It makes a nice interrupt, but not a great silence. seriously, who stands in the beam (unless they are rooted)? Natures grasp would probably be my choice, but Cyclone (increased range), Entangling Roots (faster cast) and Stampede (useable in any form) are also useful.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-08-01 at 03:08 PM.

  10. #10
    By the way don't blindly trust wowhead with that, it doesn't show all the correct spells for all specializations. For instance it doesn't list skull bash in feral spec, but if you go into the PTR it is actually there.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    It's the short cooldown on it that has me thinking it might get nerfed, at least the caster specs. Either way I hope it doesn't.

    So what are glyphs looking like for PvP Moonkins?

    - Fae Silence
    - Moonbeast
    - Nature's grasp or Solar beam?
    Currently using Moonbeast, Stampede and Barkskin for pvp on ptr. Very nice to be able to cast nearly everything in Moonkin Form. I don't lose gcd-s with shifting to use spells and most importantly the 15% damage protection is up all the time, unlike when we shift out of Moonkin all the time.
    Batmon and Spidermon, da troll supaheroes.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Solar beam i always found a little lackluster. It makes a nice interrupt, but not a great silence. seriously, who stands in the beam (unless they are rooted)? Natures grasp would probably be my choice, but Cyclone (increased range), Entangling Roots (faster cast) and Stampede (useable in any form) are also useful.
    Root them then silence preferably when they used trinket aswell
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •