Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    at a quick glimse the thing that stands out most to me, is that you chose a Mastery cogwheel instead of a Expertise cogwheel and you're reforging out of expertise and into expertise.
    Got the expertice cogwheell atm... and yeah would prob be good to reforge from scratch..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice guide. Thanks.

Another macro for Feral Spirit that I find useful is:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nopet] Feral Spirit; [pet] Spirit Walk
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    at a quick glimse the thing that stands out most to me, is that you chose a Mastery cogwheel instead of a Expertise cogwheel and you're reforging out of expertise and into expertise.

Try removing all your reforging to see where you stand and then start with reforging from scratch, starting with Haste -> hit/expertise and working your way like that. That's how i usually do it when i feel that i can get a bit extra out of the gear with a new item i've gotten.
    This doesn't make too much sense. Why would you add more expertise when mastery is better than it? Wouldn't you want to put as much of your better stats on your gear as possible (obviously with the hit/exp caps in mind).

First off, he gets more out of having expertise capped, so obviously that's the first target.
    I did type wrong before when i said he should get a expertise Cogwheel, as he obviously already has that. Obviously i ment Hit cogwheel.

Anyways, i think you missed the point of my post, which is he should re evaluate his entire reforging / gemming / enchanting to get something more out of it.

For instance. If he puts in a hit cogwheel, he can drop the hit enchant on wrists and get 50 agility instead and change the reforges on both weapons, relic and gloves into something else, like the expertise, so he can enchant his gloves with a decent mastery enchant.

Oh and btw Porkkana, you should put a enchant on yer cloak

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if Im wrong
    "Silver Inlaid Leaf Jewelcrafting BoE"
    Thats an incription, not a Jewelcrafting thing.

Of course.
    Rushed too fast through that i guess

Keep these things coming, no need to hold back even if its just a lame typo. Rather have it neat and tidy.

---------- Post added 2011-03-23 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas 45 View Post
    Nice guide. Thanks.

Another macro for Feral Spirit that I find useful is:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nopet] Feral Spirit; [pet] Spirit Walk
    Added it

i don't cap totally expertise....23-24 is enough because most of fight are "moveable"(in certain cases u have to hit in front or on sides).

Actually i gemmed all with delicate (40 agility) and enchanted as possible with agility BUT i have some doubt about this.

Spell power is taken by 50% from AP. this is right. I have an impression that mastery is better than agility but i can wrong( i said this because the gain of 1000 agility with red gems and enchant for a loss of 5% of mastery gives me obly a gain of 1k dps).

My question is: If i gem and enchant all for all master in order to reach 47-50% instead 41% for a loss agility, i can do better?

No. Agility is by far far far much better than mastery. 2 AP crit and 1 spellpower per agi is way better than the mastery.
    Further getting 23-24 expertise is a gamble. You might do great with rng on a few fights, but you're gonna rage at your PC when you see your Lava Lash getting dodged 5 times in a row at one point.

Even if you stand in front of the boss due to mechanics (Chimaeron Feud on Heroic, Maloriak Red Phase) you still wanna get rid of the dodges through 26 expertise. Never go beyond that to try and cap away parries, but get rid of the dodge cause in most cases you should be standing behind/flanking the boss.

I noticed that the Quicksilver Alchemists Stone is not listed in your pre-raid list of trinkets.

I would have thought that a permanent +351 Agility, (base of +301 agility, plus a red socket (put a red +40 agility gem in there with a socket bonus of +10 agility)) plus 194 crit that can be reforged would be a pretty good item for pre-raiding.

What am I missing?

Oh, and thank you for the guide, don't mean to just slam it. Awesome work
    Last edited by spyone1; 2011-03-24 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Forgot the praise

You're not missing anything, its the list that's missing it Thanks.

i have Quicksilver trinket with 40 agi gem and Fluid death

in my bank i have also

Darkmoon card: Hurricane

and Unheeded Warning

What are the best in absolute?

Fluid death and alchemist trinket has more agi but i want to remember that most of our damage is white damage (unheeded warning) and darkmoon card: hurricane proc stack with mastery. But those last two trinket aren't reforgiable.

If you look under the BiS section in gearing, it shows that Fluid Death and DMC:H are best. Just because you can't reforge it doesn't mean it isn't awesome.

Yeah as Radux says. DMC Hurricane and Fluid Death are absolutely awesome. They're stronger than even the 372 trinkets from Nefarian, Halfus and such.

DMC Hurricane gets stronger and stronger with your gear so its a great investment, while Fluid Death is great because of the hit rating it gives and it also gives a whopping 380 agi when its stacked up, which happens realy fast.

---------- Post added 2011-03-24 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Medivh View Post
    most of our damage is white damage.
    While that may be the case if you're looking at, say recount, this isnt acually true. Our melee swings are usually somewhere inbetween 20-30% or our damage, but all that comes hereafter (xept Storm strike) is elemental damage and scales up with mastery quite well, which is a main reason Unheeded warning just isnt all that good for us compared to other trinkets.

ok perfect considerations ty

DMC Hurricane gets stronger and stronger with your gear so its a great investment
    Now it's better Hurricane or alchemist trinket with 40 agility gem?

Hurricane is better.

I feel kind of embarrassed to ask, but is there way I can do all my reforging/gemming/enchanting in some program that has an export function to enhsim?

In wrath, I used RAWR and then exported it to enhsim. Afaik, this isn't working (yet?).

I know you can use shock and awe for this, but having to regem/enchant etc everytime i want to run a sim seems kind of expensive.

And great guide!
    If anyone asks me how to play enhance, I know where to direct them to ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Rawr is working ok, even if it has a few bugs. You can fiddle around with reforging etc. The only issue ive found is it doesnt support all Tinkers for Engi.
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear

Is usefull for that, be warned the 'optimizer' seems to optimize not taking into account that caps have to be maxed.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear

Is usefull for that, be warned the 'optimizer' seems to optimize not taking into account that caps have to be maxed.
    Mr. Robot tries to find the set with the highest EP value at or very near the cap. Most of the time you will be within 0.1% of a hit or expertise cap. In certain situations you could end up a little bit further away - but this is because you can gain more stats elsewhere which provide a higher total value to your gear according to the stat weights.

We have found in our testing that being very slightly under a cap has less of a negative impact on DPS than forcing the optimizer to reach a cap.

We actually have not updated the enhancement weights since just after the 4.0.6 patch. If anyone finds that they need some tweaking, please contact me! We try to re-calculate stat weights with the latest version of simulators every few weeks ourselves if no one else approaches us first.
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply and i'm aware of that, simply my arguement is while it puts me slighty under the cap as it stands now i'm not allowed to miss an interrupt, 4.0.6 this will change ofcourse and being slighty under cap to gain more elsewhere.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins