Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what are the odds that engi helm will be obsolete in 4.1?

tittle says it all

engi helm already obsolete. heroic t11 says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    engi helm already obsolete. heroic t11 says hi.
    If I remember correctly, the only things better are the heroic tier helm and the heroic off piece. So yeah, not really.

It could be different for certain specs though.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Highly likely. The only way to to potentially upgrade these is with new engineering gems, which are secondary stats, and will not compare at all to T12 when the base agility gets upped by 30+ points.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    If I remember correctly, the only things better are the heroic tier helm and the heroic off piece.
    So basically...heroic T11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Highly likely. The only way to to potentially upgrade these is with new engineering gems, which are secondary stats, and will not compare at all to T12 when the base agility gets upped by 30+ points.

So basically...heroic T11.
    It's the best majority of players are gonna get, so I highly doubt it can be rightly called obsolete, which was the point I was refuting.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    It's the best majority of players are gonna get, so I highly doubt it can be rightly called obsolete, which was the point I was refuting.
    the majority of players doesnt even care what they are wearing so your argument is invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    the majority of players doesnt even care what they are wearing so your argument is invalid.
    And, by that logic, so is the argument that it's obsolete. :P
    Wiping is Fun! ™

All items currently made my professions will be obsolete. Alchemy trinkets will be worthless for 4.2 raiding. Current blacksmithing epics will be worthless for 4.2 raiding. Insert Tailoring. Insert Leatherworking. Engineering is not alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    All items currently made my professions will be obsolete. Alchemy trinkets will be worthless for 4.2 raiding. Current blacksmithing epics will be worthless for 4.2 raiding. Insert Tailoring. Insert Leatherworking. Engineering is not alone.
    I think the question was leaning more towards "will engineering get upgraded epics like all the other professions do?" If you look at the way you phrased it, every epic is worthless once the next tier of raiding comes out which is a pointless observation. However, tailoring, leatherworking, and blacksmithing always get new epics to make while engineering gets screwed.

OT: Nearly 100%. I would be AMAZED if Blizzard decided to not make engineering worthless again. I will be so happy if they don't make me relive Wrath-engineering.
    Last edited by link064; 2011-03-15 at 03:10 PM.

Hm Off-topic a bit maybe;

What about proffesion perks, any changes? Epic gems = JC only gems are worser than other proffesion perks etc. What happend in WOTLK to that w/e?

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    I think the question was leaning more towards "will engineering get upgraded epics like all the other professions do?" If you look at the way you phrased it, every epic is worthless once the next tier of raiding comes out which is a pointless observation. However, tailoring, leatherworking, and blacksmithing always get new epics to make while engineering gets screwed.

OT: Nearly 100%. I would be AMAZED if Blizzard decided to not make engineering worthless again. I will be so happy if they don't make me relive Wrath-engineering.
    Professions never get their expansion's pre-raid perks upgraded with each tier of content. It's pre-raid gear, expecting it to scale with raids is silly. Alchemists and JCs aren't getting new trinkets, you don't hear them crying their eyes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Professions never get their expansion's pre-raid perks upgraded with each tier of content. It's pre-raid gear, expecting it to scale with raids is silly. Alchemists and JCs aren't getting new trinkets, you don't hear them crying their eyes out.
    1. "Never?" ... Back in TBC, there was an upgrade to the engineering goggles. In WotLK tailors, leatherworkers and blacksmiths got iLvl 345 dropped recipes (which was current tier level, not pre-raid level).
    2. There has been LOTS of QQ'ing about craftet trinkets not being upgradable.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2011-03-15 at 06:11 PM.

What about those other Engineering "gems" that were datamined back during Beta and are currently listed as a search feature in the Auction House? Could these gems not just be added to the current helms to increase our stats to match the entry level raid gear of 4.2?
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    What about those other Engineering "gems" that were datamined back during Beta and are currently listed as a search feature in the Auction House? Could these gems not just be added to the current helms to increase our stats to match the entry level raid gear of 4.2?
    Secondary stats upgraded would be neat...except for the fact that you'd have like 100 less of a primary stat so unless you get about 300-400 additional secondary stats out of a new cogwheel you would need an entirely new helm for it to even remotely compete with a tier 12 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    Secondary stats upgraded would be neat...except for the fact that you'd have like 100 less of a primary stat so unless you get about 300-400 additional secondary stats out of a new cogwheel you would need an entirely new helm for it to even remotely compete with a tier 12 piece.
    Well, they could always make the gems be +xx Agility/Strength/Etc as well as the secondary stats so they even out.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Where were the upgrades to other profession's craftable BoP pieces in WotLK?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

What about proffesion perks, any changes? Epic gems = JC only gems are worser than other proffesion perks etc. What happend in WOTLK to that w/e?

JC Epic gems are awesome in cataclysm, I didn't get your point o_O?
    JC's are able to use 3 gems of epic quality which are better than the non-jc-only gems, its gives a total of 81 stats bonus [81int/81str/81agi] etc, being 1 point stronger than all other professions...

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

Not sure if you completely missed it but JCs got their JC-only gems upgraded to be on par once epic gems came out. They'll probably be doing the same thing for cata I'd assume but you know where that gets people.

I'm not entirely sure, but i remembered hearing that in the newer patches, they would implement better engineering goggles to keep up with the new tiers.

I'm not sure if blizz plans on doing that, but i sure hope they do

I think it is safe to assume that armor crafting professions will be updated in 4.2. With the new raid currency being Living Embers (think Primordial Saronite) in 4.2, I assume that new tailoring, LW, BS patterns will drop from the raid bosses. As for engineering, I will throw a question mark up there as with LK and BC, we did not see any new engineering patterns drop in raids.