Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    @Heathy
    Well, it's all explained if you care to read the Q&A!

I really like it nice job

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you put a lot of work into this, and although I'm not a big fan - it seems as if it would be yet another "Mary Sue/Marty Stu" type race - it's pretty good work nonetheless.

The problem, however, is that a company like Blizzard could never do this.

Blizzard has an internal staff that works on lore, new content, etc. They are contracted with Blizzard, and are under a non-disclosure agreement. Furthermore, the work they develop belongs to Blizzard.

What you've done here is on your own - or in collaboration with other MMO-Champion posters. Blizzard never had any ownership of it - although some elements do belong to Blizzard, and are probably used without their permission.
    (Still, they probably wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as you don't try to use it to make a profit.)
    For legal reasons, however, they would never be able to use your work. It isn't their intellectual property, and the law is sufficiently grey so that even if you gave (or even sold) it to them, you could change your mind down the road, and demand royalties - a risk Blizzard (or any intelligent gaming company) would be unwilling to take.

Furthermore, this was all done in a rather public manner, rather than in developmental secrecy under an NDA.

I sympathize with you - I know it would be cool to help shape the lore of future World of Warcraft releases - but unless you work for Blizzard Entertainment, the chances of this happening are effectively zero.

I'm not sure if your point was to submit this to Blizzard or not. If it wasn't - if it was just an exercise in creative writing, then my hats off to you. Although, as I said, I'm not partial to the idea, that doesn't diminish the quality and effort put into the work.

However, if you thought for an instant that this idea would be implemented into the game, then you're going to be sadly disappointed.
    Last edited by Atrea; 2011-06-08 at 08:23 PM.

Ok i can understand that you might think this will never be implemented but you must understand this is just an "Idea" no one is forcing this on Blizzard or any one else for that matter.

Though if you think about it and the detail he went into i can see many aspects of his ideas and those that were suggested by the every one else, they could very possibly be looked at by blizzard and could very well be implemented.

Awesome: 7/10

Sense: 0/10
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

If this was in game I would have to forsake the alliance Any follower of Illidan is a friend of mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezz View Post
    Awesome: 7/10

Sense: 0/10
    nothing have sense ingame anyways.......even Blizzard rape the Lore itself so bad in the last expansions.

Your argument is sadly invalid.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Deleted
    hehe. some ppl will get banned sooner or later for playing smart-hats i also see you improved alot of the lore and grammar + pics. though i would like u, if u would find the time and motiviation, to draw 2 defiants so ppl can have a better image of how they would look like. respect (y)

This is awesome, you should be working for Blizzard.

Deleted
    Nice concept. I'd definatly play one if we were given the change.

This is the kind of race that would make me resub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam View Post
    nothing have sense ingame anyways.......even Blizzard rape the Lore itself so bad in the last expansions.

Your argument is sadly invalid.
    Going by your logic it is okay for someone to rape again because he already did it once.

The concept itself is kinda cool, but it makes no sense at all sadly. It reminds me more of something that would fit in the Diablo universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylette View Post
    Going by your logic it is okay for someone to rape again because he already did it once.

The concept itself is kinda cool, but it makes no sense at all sadly. It reminds me more of something that would fit in the Diablo universe.
    going by your logic Forsaken shouldn't exist in this game, since so many kids complain about their actions and mentality going against what their mommy, daddy and media has teached them.

Deleted
    Me gusta, really interresting read and good job on all the details x.x

But the names that people would come up with... Every server would have atleast 512 variations of DarkLegolaslol /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post

Female Defiant

This right here sold me, I would race change my rogue (and a few other female toons) just to look like this.

Love the racials.
    Love the lore.
    Love the whole idea.

Post this in the official forums if you haven't already please. Also if you have posted it already can you post a link to it in those forums so some of us who support this can let Blizzard know we want this. Not 2 xpacs later, I want this NOW.

Ahh..that sounds so cool , i really like the pictures op.
    if that will be ture . i think i'd like to make a female alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, why not. Cool idea.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna read through all the comments.

I like the idea, but I don't see the name ever sticking. While I could see Bliz using it as a counter ad "Come see our defiant" to Rift if its still around, I don't think they'd need to do so. Half demon's a great idea though.

I also don't like the city name and the language illedar. You could've just as well said "hey illidan's alive and he's joined the horde". If anything they would have the demon tongue I would think and common tongue.

BTW, I googled illedar, just to make sure it wasn't already in the lore, and your thread was the first thing on the list.

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Sounds like you put a lot of work into this, and although I'm not a big fan - it seems as if it would be yet another "Mary Sue/Marty Stu" type race - it's pretty good work nonetheless.

The problem, however, is that a company like Blizzard could never do this.

Blizzard has an internal staff that works on lore, new content, etc. They are contracted with Blizzard, and are under a non-disclosure agreement. Furthermore, the work they develop belongs to Blizzard.

What you've done here is on your own - or in collaboration with other MMO-Champion posters. Blizzard never had any ownership of it - although some elements do belong to Blizzard, and are probably used without their permission.
    (Still, they probably wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as you don't try to use it to make a profit.)
    For legal reasons, however, they would never be able to use your work. It isn't their intellectual property, and the law is sufficiently grey so that even if you gave (or even sold) it to them, you could change your mind down the road, and demand royalties - a risk Blizzard (or any intelligent gaming company) would be unwilling to take.

Furthermore, this was all done in a rather public manner, rather than in developmental secrecy under an NDA.

I sympathize with you - I know it would be cool to help shape the lore of future World of Warcraft releases - but unless you work for Blizzard Entertainment, the chances of this happening are effectively zero.

I'm not sure if your point was to submit this to Blizzard or not. If it wasn't - if it was just an exercise in creative writing, then my hats off to you. Although, as I said, I'm not partial to the idea, that doesn't diminish the quality and effort put into the work.

However, if you thought for an instant that this idea would be implemented into the game, then you're going to be sadly disappointed.
    Of course Bliz won't come in and take an idea word for word. They have been influenced in the past by many ideas. I wouldn't put half-demon off the table as a playable race just because someone made a post about it. Not to mention, you're under an assumption the Bliz hasn't concepted, at least, the next expansion. Meaning if they already have half-demon as an idea, they aren't going to change it because of a post. There are countless expansion ideas thrown out on forums everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if an employee read it, thought it was a good idea, and passed it along to be incorporated in a different way. Being on here in no way invalidates the idea, just the details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exauras View Post
    Not gonna read through all the comments.

I like the idea, but I don't see the name ever sticking. While I could see Bliz using it as a counter ad "Come see our defiant" to Rift if its still around, I don't think they'd need to do so. Half demon's a great idea though.

I also don't like the city name and the language illedar. You could've just as well said "hey illidan's alive and he's joined the horde". If anything they would have the demon tongue I would think and common tongue.

BTW, I googled illedar, just to make sure it wasn't already in the lore, and your thread was the first thing on the list.
    I didn't mean to sound uncreative when naming their language and city. It's not quite meant to be associated with Illidan Stormrage directly, but the Illidari faction in Shadowmoon Valley. That and the word Eredar which is demonic. Just as gutterspeak is an accent of common, so is illedar to thalassian/darnassian, common and "low demonic". I hope you understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinator View Post
    omg you are recycling content! So,as everyone says about blizzard for the same reason,you suck.
    Seriously stop this threads already, if was blizzard doing this you were all like "lol you mad bro? blizz copied this from rift herp derp, they suck"and all the other childish things you like un say to make you feel smart..
    We don't need another race
    /thread
    You need....to, get some sleep ommmmm Rift copied this from Lord of the Rings, and Lotr copied it from older games! So your point is? Learn grammer and go to school stop smoking what ever it is that you smoked and life will be good
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy