Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    For the first time in a long time, we're working. Of average performance, yes, but we're working.

If I was a developer I'd be all "OMG DON'T TOUCH IT! DON'T EVEN SAY A WORD! IT MIGHT BREAK!" too.

R.I.P. YARG

I was shocked and amazed when 4.0 came out and all three specs were within such close proximity in dps. Its amazing they are still as close as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post
    I was shocked and amazed when 4.0 came out and all three specs were within such close proximity in dps. Its amazing they are still as close as they are.
    No doubt the devs said the same thing . Like a house of cards they all slowly backed away. No one looks at it directly and hopes for the best.

For a long time in wrath we were the most balanced class in PvE too, the only pure class with 3 genuinely viable specs. They seem to actually know what they are doing with warlocks in this department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    For the first time in a long time, we're working. Of average performance, yes, but we're working.

If I was a developer I'd be all "OMG DON'T TOUCH IT! DON'T EVEN SAY A WORD! IT MIGHT BREAK!" too.
    The only way I'd say this might be the case is if the design intent was something like: Destruction for PvE, Affliction for Arena, Demonology for Battlegrounds. That isn't, or should not be the case. Going into 4.1 I feel they're actually buffing the wrong spec in the wrong way. Affliction is basically going to dominate for everything while right now it's already doing fine anyway.

On the issue of the Q&As in general, I think it's absolutely the wrong way of going about the developer interaction. It looks very much like they chose the most non-questions for which they could give the most non-answers or just re-answer questions they've already answered, and people can see through that - I found absolutely nothing insightful I didn't already know, or couldn't have actually guessed the answer myself. I for one would be much happier if they just sat down and wrote an in depth rundown of their design goals for each spec and what and why they feel what is right and wrong. It would also go a very long way towards updating the class descriptions, such as Warlocks being described as debuffers and Enhancement Shaman as off-tanks - roles they've not actually fulfilled since classic.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2011-03-16 at 11:02 AM.

Deleted
    affliction will dominate just becouse the felpuppy will do the job for us. Remove pet buffs and buff our dot dmg by 50%. no more QQ

We're on a low priority for changes because, let's face it, we're doing very well in pve and aren't doing too badly in pvp.

What I am wondering is where everyone is testing their afflictin buffs. I'm on ptr and my felpup still hits like a girl, while others here claim he 'crits for 30k' Any ideas?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2011-03-16 at 12:57 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently if you put up your 3 dots, elements, haunt, shadow embrace, and have Dark Arts, he hits hard.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Bite Level 85
    3% of base mana Melee Range
    Instant cast 6 sec cooldown
    Bite the enemy, causing (70 + (0.614 * ($SP * 0.5))) Shadow damage plus an additional 15% damage for each of your damage over time effects on the target.
    They may have buffed the coefficient, but I don't think Elements, Shadow Embrace and Haunt are really meant to count - Drain Life however would.

Also omg signiture size infringement D:

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Its times like this i hate being the least played class, in a fkn popularity contests for answers to questions

And 2 hunter pvp questions, i give up
    Should ask Charlie Sheen, he's a warlock and he's winning

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Apparently if you put up your 3 dots, elements, haunt, shadow embrace, and have Dark Arts, he hits hard.
    Obviously I use all of those, including drain life as a filler. Yet he still bites for about 1200 damage. Anyway, PTR seems to be bugged as usual since my DL only ticks once for 2500...
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2011-03-16 at 04:46 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side