Thread: Epic pet chain

Epic pet chain

ok so i have an idea. since we cant train our demons like hunters seeing as how we summon them vs taiming them. I would like to see Blizz come up with an epic lock quest chain that takes a good amount of time to complete. Starting with the same order u would recieve your pets during leveling. so imp..... to the felgaurd. once you complete the phase of the chain ending each pet they demonically inherit a cap ability that suits there general or assumed general purpose.

Cap talents. i tried to come up with ideas that wouldnt be to potent in either direction pvp or pve.

Imp- "Rage Fire" - ON USE: Your Imp causes your target to become consumed by flames increasing its critical strike vulnerabilty by ranged and melee attacks by 15% for 15 seconds. this ability does not stack with other crit vulnerabilty abilities and has a 10 minute cool down

Voidwalker- "Nether ritual" ON USE : Voidwalker consumes shadows from the nether granting all party and raid memebers a shield absorbing 50,000 damage over 8 seconds. 10 minute cooldown.

Felhunter - "Eternal Shadows" PASSIVE: Whenever your Felhunter critically hits with an ability it increases your nightfall ability by 2% lasting 6 seconds.

Succubus - "Lashed" PASSIVE: When your Succubus uses it's whip lash ability it also decreases all effected targets' movement speed by 60% for 6 seconds.

Felgaurd - "Fel Power " PASSIVE: When your Felgaurd critically hits with Legion Strike you become consumed with fel energy causing your next fel flame to critically hit for 100% normal damage

i think they seem logical but maybe not. would be nice if all pets in this scenario dealt same damage (except felgaurd) that way if u need to whip out voidwalker for a rough boss ability u could. or if u needed extra burst during bl/tw u can pop the Imps Rage Fire.

I dig the fel hunter and succy ideas

Deleted
    felguard idea was bad for me.. voidwalker doing the same dmg with others and having that shield is op...about the...it looks useless to me. :P the felhunter and succubus ideas were kinda good.But,anyway. i don't think that we locks need another (passive)skill/ability for out pet.We allready got demon soul.

Deleted
    Love the Voidy idea. And make it allowed in arena. Locks need an "oh Shit..." ability.

Cough cough.. ice block, bubble, dispersion, deterence.

Also liking the succy and felhunter idea.

Felgaurd idea would make it a cooldown rng dependant dps spec. Much like ret is/was?
    Last edited by mmoc3522247018; 2011-03-15 at 05:03 AM.

Felhunter should just increase the proc chance of nightfall by that percentage all the time. Its a very low chance proc right now anyway.

Imp seems like it would take too long to have much of an effect. How about:
    Imp: *Passive* Burning embers last 1 second longer and can now crit.

Voidwalker seems a bit overpowered. Shorten the timer to 5 min but have it proc a bubble like AMS/Barrier that Reduces all damage by X% for 10 seconds?

Felguard, it seems weirdly worded. A crit is 200% damage anyway. Why should it crit for 100%? And why replicate the T11 4pc? How about causes the felguard to automatically cast a Fel Flame for you? That way you get a free +damage that also synergizes with your spec's abilities without just giving the spec a free 4pc T11.

Succubus is sweet as hell. Love that one.

i dont really see that the voids ability as op seeing as how it is a defensive cd that would only be utilitzed in certain encounters. and only once per arena(well, mainly once per arena) but the thing is it only lasts 8 seconds so its not like a permanant damage absorbtion till it runs out.

that tier piece bonus will go shortly its not permanant.

but i like the imp idea allowing embers to crit

and as for felhunter increasing it permanantly thats basically what it is.
    Last edited by Shadowsedict; 2011-03-15 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsedict View Post
    i dont really see that the voids ability as op seeing as how it is a defensive cd that would only be utilitzed in certain encounters. and only once per arena(well, mainly once per arena) but the thing is it only lasts 8 seconds so its not like a permanant damage absorbtion till it runs out.

that tier piece bonus will go shortly its not permanant.

but i like the imp idea allowing embers to crit

and as for felhunter increasing it permanantly thats basically what it is.
    The Tier bonus isnt very interesting to begin with. A free auto casted Fel-flame would be nice especialy when you have a movement phase.

The felhunter one that is described above gives the shadow bite (only ability it has that can crit) a proc only when it crits that lasts 6 seconds. So it would only be permanent provided your shadow bite always crits. Removeing the proc nature means it would be permanent all the time.

While the ideas are cool, and without going into the whole "warlocks do/don't need it" argument, I just see it as a hinder for the whole Warlock class.

I mean, you'd have to do these lengthy quests or else you, and your pets, would under-perform and be cut from PvP/PvE content. Also, since you'd need to be balanced around having these abilities you'd be effectively making Warlocks weaker at the start of end-game content.

pretty sure blizz said they're done with the idea of class only quest chains. too much work to make design all that content that only 1 class is going to see.

Exactly. Idd be all for altering some of the pets to include different buffs rather than some of these lackluster ones. Fel Intelligence? It doesnt even work alot of the time.

Imo take out fel intelligence, and give the felhunter a drain mana mechanic or ability

Armory^

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what, warlock needs obscure buffs?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially in this expantion, but in general blizz have been tending towards simplifying the levelling process, for all kinds of matters.
    This is evident in the removal of demon/pet trainers, quests to attain pets etc. i doubt they'd go back on it, and force every 'lock to do a hard quest chain just to perform optimally.

At the very most, any pet abilities you'd gain this way would have to be completely non-combat, and probably fairly trivial.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Hunters have wanted an epic quest chain to get a coller for the pets to show armor ( with no stats, purely for cosmetic reasons) for a long time now, I think the pet using classes should have alot more interaction with the pets that just using them as a tool, would add alot more the game.

And before people say that minions are only tools, i know alot of warlocks that went nuts when they lost their original minion names and kept asking GMs to revert them until blizzard caved

Quote Originally Posted by Polltergeist View Post
    felguard idea was bad for me.. voidwalker doing the same dmg with others and having that shield is op...about the...it looks useless to me. :P the felhunter and succubus ideas were kinda good.But,anyway. i don't think that we locks need another (passive)skill/ability for out pet.We allready got demon soul.
    Your sign is an awesome name for a spellcleave 3v3 team. Healer/affli/sp