Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I use windfury/frostbrand, stand really close to him, positioning myself so that i'd fall into lava when he knocks me back (parachute helps) and pretty much full-on nuke. Adds have low health, never had a problem with those, depending if I'd get into the submerge phase or not (usually depends on whether I get knockbacked all the way into lava or just a bit, most of the time I kill him before submerge though).

Deleted
    I have solo'd him without any issue as enhancement, also before submerge. Wolves on CD, heroism as you go in, double windfury, stand in the lava pool with your back towards the biggest pool of lava as you won't take any damage when you land in it and have healing stream down. Fixed.

You can also do it as resto but you will get the adds, they're hardly a problem though. It does however take in excess of 10 minutes to do it that way, maybe more, can't remember since I only did it as resto once.

Deleted
    Waa.... oh ye, forgot the submerge! Ye... just do the normal prio system, stand in the right place so you dont fly 10000 yards from knockback and just pewpew before the submerge! Easy pie

how much gold does he ( and the other mc bosses ) drop nowadays? still worth it clearing for goldfarming? i ask this because i heard someone saying they nerfed it not long ago.

and as for ragnaros: if you stand near enough and position yourself at 7-8 o'clock when facing him, you'll land exactly on that rockwall, which
    1.) will not have you land inside a lavapool, which will cost time to get out of/get back into melee range (as enh)
    2.) you will not get as much fall damage as when falling all the way to the ground
    Last edited by Omanley; 2011-03-16 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's really not a big profit in farming MC. It's pretty fun to do regardless.

Karazhan is better money but being nerfed soon.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

I've killed him before he submerged. Just position yourself so you get knocked back against or so you land on the cliff thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    You can also do it as resto but you will get the adds, they're hardly a problem though. It does however take in excess of 10 minutes to do it that way, maybe more, can't remember since I only did it as resto once.

lol Ragnaros as Resto? I don't even want to think about the time required to do that lol
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    lol Ragnaros as Resto? I don't even want to think about the time required to do that lol
    I did it at 80 when the guy I duo'd it with dc'd as he ran in. It took an extremely long time. It was like 15 minutes of spamming lightning bolt while keeping riptide up on myself. Got to the point I switched to lightning shield just for that crappy extra tick of damage every few seconds.

Deleted
    put un Windfury and Frostbrand (not 2xWF, internal CD still sucks), stand behind him so that you get knockedbacked into the big lavapool, so no hp loss from failling.
    Pop wolves and stuff right at the beginning, so you can pop them again ASAP. Also consider dropping Elemental Resistance totem if you struggle with the damage he deals to you.

Soloing each week on my shaman in full 5man heroic gear, I dont have a problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfManC View Post
    i solo as an afflic lock and i can solo all of it no problem, up until ragnaros and he knocks you back fricken 100 yards ><
    You're a warlock that doesn't know how to use his demons?
    Position yourself close to one of the rocks, put up a Demonic Circle just to be sure.
    Dark Intent & Soul Link, gogo.
    Send in your Voidwalker, pop Demon Soul & other CD's when pulling.

Aslong as you get him down before the adds come, it'll feel like a walk in the park.

Deleted
    I do it every week as enhancement and i havent bothered changing inbues or anything and he still dies without any problem at all before submerge.

I can understand you might have problems if you have like ilvl 300 greens but i doubt its the case.

Raggy drops 150gold and with the others you should get around 500g (not including vendor loot and AH stuff like ingots and blood of the mountain) and I clear it in 26min (together with maggy, this is around 1000g in less than an hour).

On my last run the eye finally dropped , I was some blood of the mountains short, so i went in there again on my warrior (my old main) and then the 2nd bindings i missed from Garr dropped >.<.

So got 2 legendaries on 1 day.
    My shaman with sulfuras and the AQ40set really looks awesome, still missing a belt and gloves to make it complete.
    And my dorf-warrior with thunderfury sitting on her ashes of al'ar is also funny, the sword is bigger than her and going through the birdie >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RageasaurusRex View Post
    I solo it every week on every class. Ez. No skill needed.
    I am jealous of your mad leet imbaness. Please, please, grace me with you're presence more oh great one.

What? Dickheads turn me on.

It's easy I do it every week! (Well for the past two weeks, the Eye of Sulfuras dropped on the second week).

Essentially what needs to be done is pop lust + wolves. Since he's immune to fire damage, you'll be mainly using SS + ES + Lightning bolt on Maelstrom procs. When he does his knockback be sure to be in position so when you're knocked back you land on the ledge. I'd recommend popping Shamanistic Rage before you land, and pulling off one or two Greater Heals before you're back at him. If you run a bit low on health pop Earth Elemental, heal, and use your Maelstrom procs for Greater Heals. If you can maintain steady DPS he'll be down in a short bit. Note: It's not going to be a 30 second lust + Zerg phase, watch your health, and good luck. :3
    nomnomnomnom