Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaaru View Post
    Why should Blizzard go easy on someone that has obviously violated the terms of use agreement?

Angry response yes, stupid post gets those. Bad players in Battlegrounds? Come on, do something yourself and maybe others will do better themselfes. Bots is not the solution. Never has been. Pathetic.
    I understand the subject is hot and can stir up some emotions, but raging isn't useful and especially as I'am not or will ever be using a bot.
    Anyhow, the players that offend others by using words that are really offensive, they too strictly break the EULA and they're treated with the three step system.
    Shouldn't you atleast get one last chance before getting slapped across the fingers?

All I want is oppinions, if you feel like venting I suggest you punch the wall before writing. Less angrythread that way.

Quote Originally Posted by dazmar View Post
    tons of botters banned tonight. looks like we may be in luck.
    Gold prices might goup, nothing lucky about that

Botters are scum and should be insta-perma-banned and they should log their IP address and dispatch Government Thugs to take care of them IRL.

And why even use bots, if you just get shit for free then where is the fun in playing? Sounds like they need to take a break from wow. Sounds like one already got a free ticket to do so.
    Botting is exciting. It's fresh and new. It's not the endless grind the game is at end-level. I bottet in mid TBC, but I did it because I was burnt out raiding end game (before sunwell even). For me, the botting gave the game a new purpouse. I had fun. I learned a couple of new classes while setting up the software and the skills and rotations and what not. I saw new areas of the game I never saw before that. I found remote locations to kill mobs to level. I didn't do it for gold or gear or anything but having fun "playing" the game in a fashion I found interesting and fun.

I have always hated bots, and I still do. Especially bots who do it for money or to get ahead. I am not saying I should be in the clear for what I did, but I didn't come crying when I was banned either.

Deleted
    Not only they deserved the perma-ban, there should also be a law to prevent them from playing any kind of game on any kind of platform that can connect to the internet, no matter if the game actually does.

Quote Originally Posted by stressball View Post
    Botting is exciting. It's fresh and new. It's not the endless grind the game is at end-level. I bottet in mid TBC, but I did it because I was burnt out raiding end game (before sunwell even). For me, the botting gave the game a new purpouse. I had fun. I learned a couple of new classes while setting up the software and the skills and rotations and what not. I saw new areas of the game I never saw before that. I found remote locations to kill mobs to level. I didn't do it for gold or gear or anything but having fun "playing" the game in a fashion I found interesting and fun.
    Good news for you, looks like the movie will eventually be made. You'll live that experience again without even having to touch keyboard & mouse.
    Last edited by mmoc1c8e21a025; 2011-03-15 at 08:41 AM.

Really? You think so? Seriously?
    Wow... some poeple.
    I spent 3 weeks reporting the same bot over and over and over until he finally got banned for underground-mining my herbs in Storm Peaks.

I was botting with second account for profit. I was gathering ore and herbs and made rings and DE them then make enchant scrolls. Out of herbs I made cards and trinkets and sold them for good. Then I sold gold for real money so I could pay myself gametime and some other stuff.

I don't come from a rich family and I don't have real money to pay for a game every month. This was my only source of income. I got around 50€ per month for doing that which was enough to keep 2 accounts payed.

Blizz banned my second account so I can't bot anymore, gametime expires in april 2011. Looks like I won't extend anymore... So with banning my account they have lost 2 customers.

And no I wasn't mining underground and no I wasn't using any hacks. Only botting in mount hyjal with my custom written profile.
    Only thing I had was 100% damaged gear so whenever I died bot took ress sickness so I didn't need to pay any repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    I spent 3 weeks reporting the same bot over and over and over until he finally got banned for underground-mining my herbs in Storm Peaks.
    I'm currently having a similar situation in Uldum with a few different bots. I just report the ones that are Horde, and gank the Alliance that don't have ress sickness.

Instant perma-ban justified. There is already a warning when you read the terms of use. If a game has rules and you are told these rules, whether or not you actually read them, they must be complied. If not, you should be removed.

As for offensive language, I can understand the three-step approach with that one as there is an in-game language filter. It's a risk you take. As well as the fact that players are easily ignored. However, with how many people are using bots now, it's good Blizzard is making a stand and instant banning them.

A botting account may also be a hacked account and someone else other than the account owner is using the account. Saying an offensive word or phrase directed to one person alters gameplay for that person but botting in BGs will affect gameplay of 9 others, 14 others, etc. Botting to farm things may affect the gameplay of many many more.
    Last edited by Stuffedtreats; 2011-03-15 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    When I got that out of the way, how's your point of view on the penalty for using third party softwares?
    A few in my social circle have not had the time needed to gear their alts, due to work, so they applied bots to grind Alterac Valley (since it does least damage having a bot on your team here) and ended up with a permament account bann.
    Shouldn't this kind of an abuse/disobediance be first penalized with a warning and 24/48hr bann?

Give me oppinions!

(Inb4 OP got banned and is now venting; No I dindn't!)
    If people take the time to figure out how to bot, they have heard about the warning of being banned. It might make it faster for you, but it ruins 19+ player's BG.

It is a very horrible act. If they do not have the time to level/gear up an alt, they dont need that alt. Not having time, is the worst excuse anyone can give for not wanting to play a game that takes up time. This is not some single player game, where your actions only affect you.

I just wish that Blizzard would actually require an photocopy of an ID/DL, that would be verified with the local government. Then when a player is banned, they are banned from the game forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    How many times do you want Blizzard to repeat that they can not instantly ban every account that has been reported?
    Seriously, go read up and check your facts before embarrassing yourself any further.

Besides, the botter did get banned, didn't he?
    Then how do you figure Blizzard *never*denies these bots access to the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    Shouldn't you atleast get one last chance before getting slapped across the fingers?
    There is a simple responds to this: no why? Because when you use a bot you intentionally choose to break the rules and therefor dont require a warning. Even though nobody reads the terms it tells you you arent allowed so there is no reason to not knowing its illegal.

Personally i dont see a difference to what means you use the bot program wether its for gold or farming honor. You use a program to aquire something other people have to actively play for. Its as simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffedtreats View Post
    Instant perma-ban justified. There is already a warning when you read the terms of use. If a game has rules and you are told these rules, whether or not you actually read them, they must be complied. If not, you should be removed.
    Aren't we slightly hypocritical about this then? We all break rule at some point, somewhere and somehow.
    Naturally as mentioned, Blizzard is losing customers through this and I believe botting for gold > IRL profits is what stings in Blizzards' eyes.

If you have a look at the L70 bracket. You can get old S4 Brutal gear in one day, same model should be applied for L85, but with the Bloodthirsty. Noone is whining on forums about the Brutal being handed out "for free" and those that are have absolutely no back argument or have their arguments based on absolutely nothing.
    I'm guessing this will be accepted aswell at 85, with the bloodthirsty.
    Last edited by Nielah; 2011-03-15 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    I actually have a bot my self, one of thought paid ones, but never used it. just don't want to compremise my account. Also the penalties seems pretty harsh. I allrdy got my first badn the 3hours and I was freaked out, I can't remember exactly why I was banned but something about two guildies that shouted at each other and I mentioned something somthing told my opinion on the chase and suddenly I was banned, It might have sounded a little harsh the thing I said but was no where near enough for a ban, and I had no chance to appeal because getting through to a blizz supporter when not ingame is damn hard. ( was banned mid raid ) so I sat on phone for 2½hour before getting ahold of a support just to get told my ban could not be appealed...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aieoz View Post
    Blizz only cares about people that bot to farm gold then sell it for real money.
    This is a lie.

How is it hypocritical? You are assuming we all break rules at some point. Some people REALLY read all the information before they click accept. Your standard is not the same for all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isn't proactive, they are reactive. Meaning they don't go out looking for bots until they're reported. When you report them their activity is watched and monitored. Then if found true, the person is banned. Usually blizzard and most other game devs ban in waves though. Thats why the person can be still playing months at a time until action (if any.)

Which, I think that method takes too long when botting is a pretty bad issue right now.

I personally don't have a problem with regular bots per say. I do hate bots that use gliding and what I mean by that is when they can move underground and almost Teleport from ore spot to ore spot those are unfair. However just your average bot does not bother me, why you may ask well as far as farming goes I expect to lose ore to people farming wether they be bots or not so that doesn't upset me. In bg's that really doesn't bother me I see 7 allies in AV jump off mounts while we running to the horde base and start attacking goats. however the horde has the same problem. I personally love fighting in bg's with bots because well it's very limited to what it can do so easy win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusmode View Post
    Blizzard isn't proactive, they are reactive.
    have you forgotten about Warden? they actively search for bots and other ways people cheat. But there in a constant battle updating it while the bot software is updated aswell to remain hidden. Warden is responsible for a good amount of bans and blizzard cant ever check 12 mil players daily to find out if your using a bot program on that very moment.

Bot smart and you wont get caught, simple as that

And i think that you should get a 24 hour ban first, then 48 hour ban - and at last perm ban
    Last edited by Tobyyyy; 2011-03-15 at 09:01 AM.