Heroic Maloriak - Add Phase rotations

Hi, our guild is currently progressing on this fight, and im trying to pull the best i can on these particular phases.

I play from New Zealand, running ~200ms.
    my current rotation through this phase is something like WMx3,Detonate,SF/ISx6. I may not being pulling this off as well as i can,probably only get 5 SF off before having detonate available again, but I'm managing about 28k throughout this phase.

now my question: Is it better to glyph typhoon (and possibly even monsoon) for this fight?
    How much additional damage would i be looking at on the adds by changing the rotation to something like WMx3,Detonate, Typhoon, SF/ISx4-5

How about on green phase? With the larger number of adds i assume it is definitely more viable here to prioritize Typhoon and Detonate. Is it worth using hurricane here, or is it better to just tab dot in between? (we haven't reached a green phase yet unfortunately).
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2011-03-15 at 09:01 AM.

If you start in equal eclipse.
    I put 3 shrooms at the back behind the boss (where he goes a little later)
    I then Start prepot/trees/Starfall starsurge wrath till eclipse carry on after 4 set soon as i get to 1 proc left on 4 set blow shrooms.
    Re place shrooms normally at this point blackphase just starts and I had about 30 energy left in solar
    I start by IS a few mobs then when I feel brave blow the first shrooms then just keep up with the dots/shrooms on CD and then use the odd typhoon

phase change happens and I generally do 2 transitions in the blue and red phases so solar - lunar to solar to lunar to solar again which I hold and at the end place some shrooms for green phase as well as predot. Then i start aoe being careful to not go early :P

Most important bit is to hold solar after that green phase ready for the next black, tried swapping eclipse I think I got back to the middle before black started again (depends on your raids burst dps on adds)
    Blackphase repeat
    Swap twice again and be ready in solar for green phase again
    After green phase I generally get back to lunar where pot again with heroism kill it ( just watch starfall on the adds they do fix there targets)

Green phase. I currently use shrooms typhoon then hurricane and judge if I can get more shrooms in before they die and i will dot before the phase for extra damage on them.

I am not sure about typhoon the knockback glyph is a must 3 seconds off I don't think makes that bigger difference ( most of the time my typhoon lines up with shrooms which take priority ) Chances are its a dps increase but a small one.

Thats all I can think of for now. Hope it helps
    Last edited by shags the penguin; 2011-03-15 at 10:35 AM.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Thanks, useful info.
    I think i already got most of that watching calculateds vids, but they were pre mushroom buff.

now its obvious that mushrooms have high priority here (they make up around 25% of my dps until we wipe (early red /blue)).
    im still curious as to what sort of number increases i would see between, 1 LS-SF vs 1 typhoon?

just thinking about it, i get the feeling typhoon pulls ahead quite a bit.

I actually keep typhoon unglyphed(10 man) and dont use it during green phase as the knockback can be quite useful to kiting tank or buying time if kiting tank wants to intervene in for a red breath split.
    I seem to recall I'd only push 1(or maybe 2 i forget) lunar back to solar after black phase and then have to switch to sunfire spam and prep work for green phase(i definitely have downtime when I'm stopping myself from pushing out of eclipse waiting for adds).
    Pre mushroom in place for green adds, predot adds before green phase -> enter green phase, starfall, detonate, mushroom x3, hurricane x1, detonate again(interupting hurricane if needed when looks like they going to die), typhoon to finish. I find every time i have downtime waiting maintaining eclipse(every time i tried to squeeze in another eclipse rotation i caught myself out) pre-dotting adds makes quite a difference.

QQ im not allowed to use typhoon on dark phase as it slows the mobs. Tank gets annoyed there is a slow on em. Pingu pretty much summed everything up

I glyph and talent for typhoon. No complaints from the slow during black phase but also important for the burst in the green phase IMO. I try to stay in solar eclipsed state for black and green phases.

Also, as was said, pre shroom at the start where your tanks will first kite the sludges. Use WM on cooldown during black phase. Also, shortly after the black phase begins when the tanks start tanking them, I thorns the tank to help them hold aggro.

Put your mushrooms down where the adds will be brought together for the green phase at 25-20s left to green phase switch. Start pre dotting the adds at about 20-15s left to green phase. As soon as they get back there, I pop tree's, starfall, mushroom, typhoon and end it with a Hurricane. The hurricane is a big boost when first learning the encounter I found compared to not using it during green phase. You might find that once your raid aoe damage increases you might not need to hurricane because the adds implode during green phase.

Also, the hurricane and the staying in solar eclipse state does take a toll on your mana. Speccing into Dreamstate or Furor will help with mana as well as innervating yourself (sorry healers). Gale Winds for increased hurricane and typhoon damage. Currently i'm specced into Perseverence for lower raid dmg taken for fights like H Magmaw (which i find hurt my mana on H Maloriak).

Boomies destroy this fight as you can see on world of logs... up to 39k. Here's one of my parses employing the strats mentioned above...

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-kd...2&e=11441#Roya

Good luck.