Deleted

Feral DPS gain without having to maintain Mangle

In our guild we're currently debating adding an Arms Warrior as a Trauma bot.

It begged the question of roughly how much DPS does a Feral Druid (Kitty and Bear) gain from not having to maintain Mangle? I know it has a 60 second duration now, so the difference probably won't be that large.

Now my main aint exactly a feral druid (got an alt though).. but don't you have to use mangle at least once every 30sec to keep tier 11 bonus up ? (3% AP) I thought that far out weighted the extra shred damage.. might be wrong on this though

IF you have a bear, you don't need a mangle bot...
    If you have a cat with 4set (which you should), you don't need a mange bot.

If without all that, its not worth it.
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

It begged the question of roughly how much DPS does a Feral Druid (Kitty and Bear) gain from not having to maintain Mangle? I know it has a 60 second duration now, so the difference probably won't be that large.
    The point is moot, since you need mangle(cat) to maintain your T11-set-bonus.
    So I think your feral kitty should learn to live with mangle.

But if it really bothers you, bring an arms warrior, a sub rogue, or a hunter with a hyena
    Last edited by Pope; 2011-03-15 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    there are other classes aswel, i think in 4.1 arms warriors will rise again whit thier truama :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

This was worth debating when Mangle lasted for 12 seconds, at 60 seconds not so much.

Waiting for Trauma to apply to your target is not worth it anyway, as it usually takes a few seconds for Trauma to proc. You should be aplying the first thing you do on your target.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

A feral DPS only has to ues mangle once a minute, unless he has 4p tier 11 then close this thread right now.

Do you really want to consider bringing a "trauma bot" to your raid just so your feral doesnt have to press mangle once a minute ? I dont think you will see a huge DPS increase, but im sure your feral DPS will love you for making his rotation a bit easier.

Also bear tanks WANT to maintain mangle everytime its off CD so i dont know what you brought feral tanks in this.

15+ Year Old Account
    if you want numbers, i can pull some out of my arse. i think a feral would do about 200 more dps if he doesnt have to mangle, witch is realy minor at 18K dps :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Even without the t11 bonus, kitties won't gain much damage from not having to mangle, it's a move that you use once every minute with a low energy cost.
    It's also a move that the kitty will be using on those times he can't get behind the boss - not many examples but it can still occur.

On making the feral rotation easier - it doesn't. Just replace shred with mangle once a minute. It's hardly rocket science.

Edit: Bears should be using mangle. It's our highest threat move with the possible exception of maul. If your bear tank doesn't want to mangle, it's time to get a new bear tank.

They way i play personally Arms war = dps loss for me. Why?
    The way i track 4pt11 is i watch my mangle debuff on target, when it is about to hit 50% i need to refresh it. Trauma overwrites mangle so i loose the icon.

Btw how do you guys track 4pt11, i use badkitty + mangle debuff on target since my target frame is right in the middle and easy to watch.
    I am pretty sure you can set up power auras for it too, any other ideas/way out there that people use?