Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Discipline Inner fire/will

Basic question, a question i guess i should know. Trying to find out when to use which(if it's even worth it etc).

Done some math and Will is better during PW:S spam and Fire when not(this includes throwing two PW:S on tanks).

Some thoughts if this is right wrong?

I usually use Inner Will all the time to maximize Rapture gains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I usually use Inner Will all the time to maximize Rapture gains.
    Rapture has nothing to do with inner will/fire:P

Deleted
    Stancedance, I switch depending on fight, also changes in the fight, if I know I'm gonna preshield.. OFC I go Will & get the shields out, then I swtich back to Fire and continue casting heals.

Aint THAT hard really, bind em as u stancedance on a warr/DK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siaro View Post
    lower shield mana cost = more mana from rapture....so it has...

and i usually run with will, because im lazy to switch in fight...

You have to cast a shield to get a rapture return. If you spend less mana casting the shield(by using inner will instead of inner fire), your net gain is higher.

I switch between the two. I sit in fire most of the time and switch to inner will when I have a bit of running to do or if I'm going to shield spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a preference thing really. I usually go fire just because most of my disc healing comes from PoH, so that doesn't have much to do with IW. However, I usually keep shields up on the tanks, so that would lean more towards IW, which I use more when I'm on tank healing duty. I guess stance dancing would be the best thing to do, but if you aren't into that, just use the one you feel that impacts your healing more. I wouldn't insult anyone for using either really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Rapture is TOTAL mana, not mana used. so no the gain has nothing to do with it. if your 100k your going to get 6k mana back regeardless of what armor your using.

Rapture is TOTAL mana, not mana used. so no the gain has nothing to do with it. if your 100k your going to get 6k mana back regeardless of what armor your using.
    /facepalm

(made up numbers)
    you spend 4k on a shield that will give you back 6k mana with inner fire. 6k-4k=2k net mana gained from rapture.
    you spend 3.5k on a shield that will give you back 6k mana with inner will. 6k-3.5k=2.5k net mana gained from rapture.

They're talking less mana spent, same mana gained, so yes it does increase the ratio making it more efficient
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Parts of this thread make me laugh, other parts make me lose faith in humanity.

point was it dosn't increase/decrease effect of rapture. Only the mana spent on the PW:S which is my base question.

Deleted
    ye but because your shield costs less with IW, the efficient mana gain is bigger

point was it dosn't increase/decrease effect of rapture. Only the mana spent on the PW:S which is my base question.
    Hypothetical scenario:

PW:S costs 5k and Rapture gives you 9k
    With Inner Will, PW:S costs 4k and Rapture gives you 9k

You got 5k mana from Rapture with Inner Will instead of 4k mana without it.

Since my healing is usually 50%+ (depending on the fight, sometimes it's around ~35-40%) is PW:S, Inner Will is the way to go. I guess it depends on your gear really and if it can sustain having 50% of your healing being PW:S.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxiijay View Post
    ye but because your shield costs less with IW, the efficient mana gain is bigger
    The post this argument is referring to mentioned preferring IW to maximize rapture gains. Technically, IW / IF do not affect the gain of mana from rapture one bit, as it remains at 7% regardless of which buff is selected. What IW does do is provide us a different net effective cost of one shield / 12 seconds after taking into account the variable cost on the shield. That difference in net cost could just as easily be used to say "I prefer IW to maximize my PoM / Renew / PW:B / other instant casts' efficiency."

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    I usually just heal in IW all the time as disc. Mostly because about every 2nd or 3rd cast is usually a pws.

Deleted
    Since I pretty much like the benefit of Inner Fire more than Inner Will, the Inner Will effect really isn't " that comfty" when you got Lavawalker as your feet enchant. And for Hard Modes I tend to use Inner Sanctum + Focused Will, leaving less focus on me and more for the raid. This is mostly for progress bosses, but other than that I believe that Inner Will really isn't much of use unless you're on Atramedes or actually use the Bubble Spamm tactic. But yeah, I tend to use Inner Fire since the spellpower boost is still a roughly more increase to each and every spell than simply just instant spells.

Deleted
    Inner will, pretty much always. The mana cost reduction offsets the loss of spellpower and then some.

Deleted
    one thing mana cost with IW and Mental Agility is about 5.1k mana...tooltips aren't still updated i think...with my gear 109k mana unbuff usually rapture gains about 8-9 k mana (proc lightweave/powertorrent)...so mana gain is about 3k+ mana on each rapture...in our 10 man raid most of normal bosses we going with 2 healers and extra mana is always nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Inner will as discipline. It affects almost everything so yeah. Will.

If you are atonement whore I would go for fire.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    Switching a lot between both of 'm depending on what phase/transition im in.