Patch 4.1 Unholy / Frost DK Arena = Gem for STR or RESILIENCE?

As we know it, there will be buffs to the damage reduction for people under 3250 resilience rating, or 32.5% damage reduction from players, and nerfs to people over this amount of resilience.

Question now is, would stacking resilience still be as valuable?

Points to note:
    1. Though they're nerfing the effectiveness of resilience in this aspect, should people still strive for more than the "optimal" amount of 3250 resilience rating? Given that it's weaker now due to diminishing returns.
    2. Would STR be a viable option for higher dps output?
    -Would you go for +40 STR gems in red slots over +20 STR and +20 RESIL?
    -Would +40 gems > +40 resil AFTER 3250 resil rating?

Open to constructive thoughts, opinions, personal preference, judgement.

Deleted
    You can never have enough resi, however i dont gem full resi gems, rather 20/20.

in the end its all about how much you need? do you have enough str to blow who ever you need down in time? if yes then sure why not stack some defence.. but if you gimping too much and you're always that global away from finishing off then might wanna re consider... in the end its skill 90% gear 10% :P

In all honesty, I currently gem full resilience in yellow and 20/20 in red, all spell pen in blue, and enchant for stamina when possible. In comparison to other melee, frost DK's hit extremely hard and have incredible burst. I still manage 35k Oblits vs low / non-resil targets and about 24k FS, and about 20-23k oblits and 9-13k FS with full resil / stam. I prefer not dying as quickly, but to notice a difference in either direction you will most likely need to gem fully for one or the other.

I prefer resilience as my damage is absurd enough already, and with 4.1 release the damage will only go up, not to mention additional Oblits / Necrotic Strike / Death strikes.
    I sold out 4 years ago, when I sold to Major League Gaming. And I think you're a troll.
    - Boub

You don't need to gem for resilience, getting 3k+ from the existing resil on the gear is sufficient.

You'd like to gem / enchant / reforge something like Hit until cap > Spell pen to 195 > strength > mastery > haste > crit/resil

Dark succor is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    You don't need to gem for resilience, getting 3k+ from the existing resil on the gear is sufficient.

You'd like to gem / enchant / reforge something like Hit until cap > Spell pen to 195 > strength > resil > haste > mastery > crit

Dark succor is your friend.
    There you go, now it's fixed.