Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say the easiest thing to do would be to remove communion and give ret aura the +3% damage buff.

It would make it easier to get that buff in some 10 man comps which don't have a Ret and I'm sure something could be given to ret as compensation *cough*slow*cough*

Let it do something like give a 1% increase to damage done and then give that to another class as well, done.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Let it do something like give a 1% increase to damage done and then give that to another class as well, done.
    I agree this buff will be better than the current stats, however i don't think its something where ppl waiting for. When they change the mechanic to a xx % dmg buff they should do a minimum of 2-3 % dmg increased, than we are talking about a effective aura, without being OP. imo.

Like i said in previous posts, It should be a aura where it increase your damage. Otherwise its not effective for Retribution Paladins. imo the best stats for a retri aura should be:
    "Increase Weapon dmg by xx% for all party or raid members within xx yards". Its not effective for every class in the raid, how it should be.

I firmly believe that Retribution Aura should summon 500 angels to swoop down from heaven, pick up whoever hit me, and drop them off the LK platform repeatedly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin View Post
    I firmly believe that Retribution Aura should summon 500 angels to swoop down from heaven, pick up whoever hit me, and drop them off the LK platform repeatedly.
    Yeah and spam random holy defiles on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by CoRn1lio View Post
    What do you think about Retribution aura atm?

My opinion:

Atm im not realy happy with the stats of retribution aura. I never use it anymore, why? Because its not effective. When you do a raid boss or even an hc boss, retribution aura does 0,03 procent of all dmg, sometimes a little bit more, sometimes less. The only way when you want retribution to be effective, is if you boost a friend in a low lvl instance and they are all attacking you. but in pve (hc, raids) its just stupid. I don't think it is intended to be so bad.

I'm also not very happy about concecration aura also but, maybe i'm wrong i don't need it often so im not used to use it.

Greats,
    Elexquisa.
    Its probably a bit undertuned considering the healthpools in Cataclysm, but its not really meant to be a DPS skill. It can be very helpful if tanks are trying to pick up a bunch of small adds.. even if it just provides enough threat to line them up right for a Shockwave or get them within the tank's Consecration, it has served a useful purpose. Kind of an outdated example, but I found it somewhat helpful in the tunnel in Pit of Saron when the tanks had to just run through a bunch of adds without being able to do a ton of threat to them.

Also, Ret aura is pretty much the only truly unique, raid-useful aura we have now. Devotion aura, Concentration aura, and Resistance aura all have counterparts in glyphed shaman totems and a few other random places. Ret aura has no counterpart.
    Parietis :: Retribution Paladin
    Størmglory :: Enhancement Shaman
    Caecius :: Arms Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Parietis View Post
    ... even if it just provides enough threat to line them up right for a Shockwave or get them within the tank's Consecration, it has served a useful purpose.
    The only problem is that reflective damage causes no threat anymore.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

15+ Year Old Account
    how about this; make it so It reflects 0.5% of all damage done to anyone affected by the aura up to a maximum of 1% of the paladin's HP, When damage is reflected the affected target of that attack gains 0.5% of their base health instantly.

Hardly-game breaking, Hardly anything to get in a fuss over in arenas, and Hardly a buff (but still a buff indeed).
    -----still looking for a good signature.. -__-

What I'd really like to see is 2/2 Eye for an Eye folded into Retribution Aura or replacing its meager damage entirely, and a more useful talent introduced in its place. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of giving us a snare or slow - to me, the paladin toolkit should focus more on defending against such effects to preserve our mobility, but some sort of protection from the same would be a welcome addition and something I'd certainly consider dropping a talent point or two into.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was mentioned already, but link the use of Ret aura to a crit / mastery / damage /strength or whatnot -increase. Nothing over the top, a percent or two, or maybe a few points. Enough so that using "THE ret aura" is actually a benefit to your dps, and that swapping to a resistance or armour aura isn't a no-brainer.

What seems fine for me would be.

Retribution Aura: Causes Holy damage equal to 1% of any direct damage taken to an enemy that attacks a party or raid member within 40 yards. Players may only have one Aura on them per Paladin at any one time.

Eye for and Eye: Increases the damage dealt by Retribution Aura for an aditional 1% for the casting Paladin, Aditionally whenever the Paladin recieves a direct damage attack, empowers your Retribution Aura, allowing it to stack up to 25 times. This effect lasts 4 sec and will not occur more than once every 1 second.

Basically Ret Aura does the same damage for everyone else (slightly higher for tanks which never have a problem with threat so nothing groundbreaking here) it's been doing it since the dawn of wow, we don't need it to be amazing/new and it never had an impact on DPS so Rets being a middle of the pack, well balanced PvE dps spec don't need it to be, only change would be streamlining RA with E4E (reflect physical and spell damage) so they work together in a controlled way.

The change is mostly for PvP, with the cooldown on WoG and the nerf to Sacred Shield's timer nothing prevents a whole team from training down a Ret from start to end with no punishment at all.
    Literally there's none, you don't have to have a plan other than just keep hitting the Ret, they're the easiest to kill, they're the easiest to kite, all defensive cds can be dispelled and they do subpar damage 80% of the time because they're using all their holy power to try to stay alive long enough for their mates to facilitate them do some actual damage (everything gets dispelled anyway but I won't go into that)... which in itself works (Trade Damage for Healing), now with 4.1 Blizz thought that status quo was not of their liking and instead of allowing Selfless Healer to remove the WoG cooldown instead of making it heal so high, so Prot would still have a CD and you didn't crit partners for 50k heals, they just nerf everything else that we did needed.

So taking the RNG away from E4E and making it some sort of short lived Thorns on crack, if you get trained you'll have Sacred Shield helping you, now if you get tunneled nonstop by braindead people without any kind thought behind it of it, eventually you'll reflect so much damage they're gonna be in trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevet View Post
    Eye for and Eye: Increases the damage dealt by Retribution Aura for an aditional 1% for the casting Paladin, Aditionally whenever the Paladin recieves a direct damage attack, empowers your Retribution Aura, allowing it to stack up to 25 times. This effect lasts 4 sec and will not occur more than once every 1 second.
    All great ideas, but i have a gripe with this particular one here. Blizzard has been historically unwilling to 'fix' something that isn't broken, and espically with wanting to fix something with an additional mechanic.

We were looking for some change that would not be any more or less OP in any way. A possible 25% spell reflect seems very OP, espically for an aura. Remember, we're paladins, the slightest unwarranted buff will cause all other major PvP classes to immediately call for nerfs. (e.g. first few days of new Sacred Shield). This kind of change to Retribution Aura is more suitable, like you said, as a 'thorns' like ability with a wicked partial spell reflect. This leaves few options for the opposing team, including not focusing you down (which they shouldn't do to begin with unless they have a great strategy) and saving you for last, because, let's face it, without wings/Zeal/GoAK we have no real burst besides random exrocisms. And, like you said above, most of our HoPo is infact being used to keep other members alive. This will be particularly interesting to see how this WoG change in 4.1 will play out on Retribution Paladin PvP viability, I'm pretty sure that the main reason this CD on WoG went through was for Prot Paladins to stop healing themselves, somehow this fix leaves much to be desired for Ret.

I do agree that we are a very easily kite-able melee class, but the solution to this should not rely on a snare (as other posters above have suggested), our class mechanics should focus more on preventing, or being immune from snares to begin with, without even having to cleanse ourselves to get out of a root. This is a possibility to where we can tie-in Retribution Aura, fold it into Arts of Sacrifice (The talent that allows cleanse to remove a snare), or change it all together. I for one really miss the stun-removal of HoF on ourselves, if there was a way to allow us to become snared less and have that good old stun removal. The way I want to see Paladins in PvP is having us fill into a 'Roadrunner' role; nothing can stop us. We have some sort of defense against snares, able to get out of stuns, able to bubble, and able to trinket. This will remedy our ability to gather Holy Power, because when we get CC'd, and we're in a situation to get out and do quick damage before we're CC'd again, or focused, or whatever, we need to be able to at least do something, instead of being able to do something, but not doing anything because of the limits of Holy Power.

Back on topic now, the bottom line is this (and I'll make this bold so TL;DR skimmers will see it): Paladin Auras are a key base mechanic of the class, they have been around since it's inception. They need to be more meaningful and, more importantly, more useful for the player as well as the affected players within.
    -----still looking for a good signature.. -__-

Deleted
    I use it on prot, when im on ret i use resi aura most of the time.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use ret aura when questing on my prot pally, the only reason I use it is to take more damage and stack my vengeance up higher. I never touch it in PvP or heroics.