Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Botting ban wave

Just thought you all might want to have a look at this. I'm ecstatic that this is finally happening.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8416172?page=1

Deleted
    Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later

15+ Year Old Account
    What did it say?

Edit: Oh nvm. Works now

Ban waves are nothing new. Happens once or twice a year I think, but always 50% of botters survive or so.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2011-03-15 at 01:42 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    They didn't catch very many as far as I can tell.

we are still in maintenance so after the wow goes live many will ge tit amiright
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Deleted
    Don't know why Blizzard doesn't just have a system like the valve ban program. Having long waits in between bans makes it too easy for them to get back up and farming again if they get banned. If they are botting and selling gold 1 account is nothing over 3 months of farming.

It should temp ban them until an employee has checked the ban. He either accepts it and perma bans the account or unbans it to let the suspect keep playing. The cheat check system would stay the same but people would be banned and cleaned up all the time meaning overall the number of botters in game would be lower.

zero pvp botters were banned, bliz still cannot detect them, the people banned were archy botters, and since all they really get out of it is a mount, who really gives a fuck?

Deleted
    I can't wait to get rid of some of these botters tbh. It's so annoying to have them undercut the AH, ninja nodes/skin/herbs w/e from you.

Only wish that Blizz would be able to ban more frequently and that it would always result in a perma ban, if ppl got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I can't wait to get rid of some of these botters tbh. It's so annoying to have them undercut the AH, ninja nodes/skin/herbs w/e from you.

Only wish that Blizz would be able to ban more frequently and that it would always result in a perma ban, if ppl got caught.
    mining / herb bots were also not effected, only archy botters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    So you are saying you run a bot?

Lovely.
    And what are going to do about that? lol, or why do you even care.

Shielding your life since 2007 yo

Yes blizz, please ban the bots that people could care less about and let the others still do their thing....(rolls eyes)

I can confirm archaeology botters were the ones busted.

Such a shit profession... it was just begging to be botted.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see imo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    So you are saying you run a bot?

Lovely.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

WINRAR!

all botters need to diaf and have their characters perma-erased from servers

hopefully this is just the start of something huge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by K0tY View Post
    In other words, YES.
    Problem, sir?
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisd View Post
    And what are going to do about that? lol, or why do you even care.
    Anyone who cares about this game enough, should be against any form of botting...

Myself, for one, report these people when I see them, like on these forums.
    It might not help a lot, but every little bit helps, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    mining / herb bots were also not effected, only archy botters.
    That doesn't seem true, a lot of the posts on their forum seem to be for honor botting. It's lovely seeing these pathetic botters waste their money paying for botting software just to get banned.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    I find it hilarious how actions like this from Blizzard can make every normal guy let his inner, self-righteous douchebag out into the light.

Really. Find something else to care about.

Sorry to be a buzzkill but the only people this really impacts are the "casual" type botters. If you snoop around the forums of some of the bigger bots, the veterans pretty much laugh off ban waves. The hundreds of thousands and millions of gold they have farmed over the past X months since the last WAY too infrequent banwave... yeah that stuff has long since moved on to "safe" accounts.

They can get the whole operation back and in the black in a few days.

TL;DR These banwaves are and always have been more to placate annoyed players than actually making a significant dent in the large scale multiple account botters.