Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Claiming that spriests are the lowest hybrid dps class when the difference in most dps is only about 3,000 at most isn't really saying much. Spriests are in a good place right now in pve and don't really need anything else buffed other than their aoe damage.

I also don't get how you have to manage your mana at all but I won't judge on that since I'm primarily holy for my raids and only go shadow for a few fights. Though when I do I'm in mostly healing gear and I rarely go below 70% of my mana.
    Last edited by sicness; 2011-03-15 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thedankson View Post
    Remember when Pestilence spread DP? I put out some crazy dps on aoe packs while healing heroics in early, early WotLK.

I strongly support a buff to VE but I'm not sure about the rest.
    i want this back

i also want the VT dispel damage back

I think your ideas are too complex. I'd be perfectly satisfied with an interrupt, slow, or cc. I'm sick of wiping in raids because someone missed an interrupt or the offtank died because there wasn't enough aoe slows/cc. Shadow priests really don't bring anything to the raid other than a few buffs that you probably already have and their dps. Vampiric Embrace is definetely a nice relic from the past that still works to a noticeable effect, but we need something else.

lets give us a shadow well, place it on the ground then it aoe nearby enemies :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatM1ser View Post
    As far as mana goes, I don't think its a problem. From what I;ve read, throwing SW into your rotation is a DPS loss. I only use it when I start going OOM and need replenishment, or my target is below 25% health. In multiple-adds fights, its easy to drain your mana DOT-ing everything up, but a skill spriest will switch from inner fire to inner will for DOTing, and then back to inner fire when you dont need to DOT a bunch of adds. Some fights I have to manage mana well, while other fights I have absolutely no issue with my mana pool. It probably can be improved so that if your playing your spriest correctly you will be extinguishing your mana pool just about at the same time as the boss goes down.
    No they don't, they'll either coordinate their mana cooldowns with their procs and when they know they wont cap their mana, or use sw:d whenever the mana gain is biggest and the dps loss is lowest.

I would quite like Silence more easily available, even if it's simply unlinked from Improved Psychic Scream. As for Shadow Orbs, even if they made Archangel proc three orbs when used it would solve the problem of orb-drought at the beginning of a fight. Oh, I would personally love a second use for Shadow Orbs, something like Kel's suggestion a while ago where we could consume them to increase the healing from Vampiric Embrace temporarily, so we can give up damage for self-healing if needed.
    Some Dispel Protection for Vampiric Touch would be lovely too, maybe a Mana Burn on Dispel so that Healers really need to think before just dispelling them all.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-16 at 01:57 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    something like this because it´s so annoying when i´m 30seconds into a fight and not a single orb has procced -.-
    That would be OP. What could work is to have the first SW: D of any fight always trigger an orb, that way it couldn't be abused and would just stop the massive RNG at the start of combat.

@ syrril
    I hardly believe you having 40% overall healing with VE, that would mean you heal more than 2-3 healers plus several other classes who support healing (prot pala e.g.). you should keep both feet on the ground.
    Either I didn't make it clear, or you misread; in some raid fights I do 40% of the healing of a designated healer. It's like adding almost half a healer to your raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    My idea of PvPing is queueing while drunk and pewpewing in my PVE gear (lol).
    So what you're saying is nothing has changed over the years? =P

I agree though shadow priests are in a good state right now

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    xMuse
    - In which way should self-healing help supporting the raid? Usually you should even take less damage than anyone in the raid. (Dispersion when being hit / special effects or moving out of aoe)
    - MLC does roughly the same DPS like mind sear, but its more interesting. I already stated that in a later post. It is also easier to even, because the dots are part of our normal dps.
    It shouldnt have to support the raid. All other DPS do is provide buffs/CC/interrupts etc. We should be the same. I don't PvP but I see a lot of complaints from spriests that we have less self healing capabilities than a lot of other classes without having to drop shadowform, lose 15% damage reduction and lose mana having to go back in. Upping the healing of VE would make us too good on aoe PvE fights. I can't see upping the healing of Devouring Plague causing any major imbalance.

And no it does not do roughly the same damage. DoTs alone without Evangelism/Empowered Shadow I do ~5.4k DPS single target. Mind Sear does ~2.1k single target. Not that this is how it works, but imagine that doubled to 4.2k in 4.1 theres still a 1.2k DPS per target which in aoe packs would be pretty significant. Adding Evangelism/Empowered Shadow to that would make it even higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xMuse View Post
    It shouldnt have to support the raid. All other DPS do is provide buffs/CC/interrupts etc. We should be the same. I don't PvP but I see a lot of complaints from spriests that we have less self healing capabilities than a lot of other classes without having to drop shadowform, lose 15% damage reduction and lose mana having to go back in. Upping the healing of VE would make us too good on aoe PvE fights. I can't see upping the healing of Devouring Plague causing any major imbalance.

And no it does not do roughly the same damage. DoTs alone without Evangelism/Empowered Shadow I do ~5.4k DPS single target. Mind Sear does ~2.1k single target. Not that this is how it works, but imagine that doubled to 4.2k in 4.1 theres still a 1.2k DPS per target which in aoe packs would be pretty significant. Adding Evangelism/Empowered Shadow to that would make it even higher.
    yeah but in which specific way do we support the raid then? except for PWF, but i dont count on that one, because there's either a warlock, or a heal priest nearby. Well, we are providing 5% haste to raid and that heal.

And yes it does. Most of the aoe thought adds have limited life.1 aoe target has about 365000 in a nonheroic 10 man raid lets imagine youve got 10 targets to bomb. You got about 5 dds with you to share the healthpool of them. you would have to do 73000 damage in order to kill it, when all 5 do about the same damage.

Mindsear does as you pointed out about 4k DPS on 1 target, ten there about 40.000 DPS right now. So it will aprox take mindsear 18 secs.

It would take you 3 secs to dot the first target and 4 secs till all of that target tick. now you'll MLC and then they need another 3 seconds to do their first tick. That would mean it would aprox take them 14 to be killed. okay 4 secs less in pure DPS BUT 2 secs more in overall.

oh and before i forgot. I just tested empowered shadows/evangelism on mind sear, without im about 2k DPS per target, but with im about 4k you should try that also

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrril View Post

VE is underrated. With priests doing good DPS and health pools being so large, I've done as much as 40% overall healing vs other designated healers in my group. Fights with prolonged AoE damage we help considerably. Cho'gall end phase, Chimaeron, Maloriak phase 3, and Atramedes for a few examples.

are you familiar with the term of overhealing ?

VE - Make it a stacking buff that you consume to restore a decent amount of health. Put it on a cool down. Maybe even work it into the Shadow Orb mechanic. 3 orbs means lots of health.

Mind Control - turn this into the "Confuse" ability from D&D. a 10 second CC where every 2 seconds, the victim attacks a friendly target, or stands stupified.

Mind Soothe - Have this ability shorten the victim's spell range in pvp.

Psychic scream - let the victim take more damage before breaking.

that's all I really want.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Mind Control - turn this into the "Confuse" ability from D&D. a 10 second CC where every 2 seconds, the victim attacks a friendly target, or stands stupified.

Mind Soothe - Have this ability shorten the victim's spell range in pvp.
    I like these thoughts. Mind Soothe could also be a little slow for the 20sec (maybe 10 in PvP). Not a huge but maybe 30% that we aren't as meleevulnerable as we are now.

Dotting 8 targets with 1 cast would yield WAY more dps than mind sear, before and after the buff its getting, not going in to numbers but thats just rational thought, would also be creating loopholes in the way AOE had changed in wotlk.

Shadows support is amazing, I doubt I could find another class that could put out the heals shadow does while doing their normal rotation, and still be able to cast heals whenever you wanted without a real care. Granted its a huge dps loss to drop shadow form, let alone start casting heals, but sometimes it happens. Both hymns are amazing in any size raid, again dropping form, but its a small price to pay for what its doing for your raid.

I like the idea's you had, but they would not support the current state of the game. We would have to see 5 other classes get balanced around any one of these changes.

DPS on a dummy is giving you no credit, target dummies will not display buffs you should, and will have in a raid, among a lot of other things that dummies are too dumb to help you with. Shadow is by far the better of the hybrid classes as far as dps goes, if you're doing it right. http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/dps/11/0/3
    Last edited by Rocap; 2011-03-19 at 10:42 PM. Reason: *could put out the heals shadow does*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocap View Post
    DPS on a dummy is giving you no credit, target dummies will not display buffs you should, and will have in a raid, among a lot of other things that dummies are too dumb to help you with. Shadow is by far the better of the hybrid classes as far as dps goes, if you're doing it right. http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/dps/11/0/3
    With Di. I think thats the only issue Spriests have.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocap View Post
    Dotting 8 targets with 1 cast would yield WAY more dps than mind sear, before and after the buff its getting, not going in to numbers but thats just rational thought, would also be creating loopholes in the way AOE had changed in wotlk.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86664

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50842

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=12357

Shadows support is amazing, I doubt I could find another class that could throw the heals shadow does while doing their normal rotation, and still be able to cast heals whenever you wanted without a real care. Granted its a huge dps loss to drop shadow form, let alone start casting heals, but sometimes it happens. Both hymns are amazing in any size raid, again dropping form, but its a small price to pay for what its doing for your raid.
    The Hymns are good support, but there is almost no situation where you will ever be healing as Shadow. Shadow Priests are not able to cast heals during our normal rotation, or anything close to it. You can drop out, stop doing most of your damage and waste a huge amount of mana which will lower your damage for quite a long time, since you will need to use other low or no-damage abilities to prevent going OOM.

I agree with the rest of your post though.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-19 at 10:41 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86664

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50842

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=12357

Shadow Priests are not able to cast heals during our normal rotation
    Fixed my post, I worded that wrong. I meant the healing from VE while doing our normal rotation. Where its not amazing, and has been nerfed, its still really good to have, and there isn't another one in game, unless im missing something. For that alone, to have a spell that nobody else does in the current state of this game, we should be grateful.

And lock/dk... That part where it sounded like I didn't like the homogenizing thats been done since Cataclysm started, yep...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatM1ser View Post
    My 2 cents...
    ...but a skill spriest will switch from inner fire to inner will for DOTing, and then back to inner fire when you dont need to DOT a bunch of adds.
    You are aware of this being a massive dps loss as switching armor takes up a global and secondly lowers the dmg your dots deal by a lot

Regarding to the shadow orbs, eventually make SW: D proc 1 when used on a target above 25% health to lower the dmg loss when regenning mana and lower the rampup time...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocap
    I meant the healing from VE while doing our normal rotation. Where its not amazing, and has been nerfed, its still really good to have, and there isn't another one in game, unless im missing something.
    Leader of the pack says hi!
    Last edited by Syenite; 2011-03-19 at 11:02 PM.