Question Inscription: how to discover missing glyphs?

One question from a casual player to you expert forum members

I levelled inscription to 475 during Wotlk but as a casual player didn't have enough time to get enough books of glyph mastery to discover all the glyphs that could be.

Now I'm trying to level up to 525 (I've reach something like 500 so far) and I'm afraid to realize that the way to discover missing glyphs hasn't changed with Cataclysm.

Therefore, I'm stuck at level 85 having to go through northrend dungeons to get a chance to discover books of glyph mastery (or ruin myself at the AH).

Am I right or have I missed something?
    Last edited by hbenvel; 2011-03-15 at 03:08 PM.

Nope. At least not at this time. I have three theories. 1) Blizz will make the books random drops off Cata mobs, 2) Blizz will add another "research" at some point to learn them or 3) New glyphs are introduced that make those not needed. Just my theories though.

Use the AH, best way. WoW isn't built to make things easy for casuals, it's built to make things possible for casuals.
    Last edited by Rhaide; 2011-03-15 at 04:16 PM.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    A few professions are hard like that, enchanting being one, but ya that seems a bit ridiculous. go farm some herbs well what u make to buy books i guess
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

same at 525

i have the same issue.i used the books until they would not teach me anymore glyphs and i did my northrend daily till my bank was full of vellum.still no luck in getting the last glyphs learned.

Deleted
    You think that's hard? Try getting all the enchants in the game at the moment. Rare drops, rep grinds, and dungeon crawls ahoy. At least your books are reasonably cheap - to get the most common of the Cata blue formulae is often in the region of 3k/per on the auction house. It's the same for most of the other crafting professions. Especially with them being from some of the older rep rewards, like Sporregar and Kurenai.

minor glyph daily
    northrend glyph daily

AH some books for ~100g a pop

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimoron View Post
    You think that's hard? Try getting all the enchants in the game at the moment. Rare drops, rep grinds, and dungeon crawls ahoy. At least your books are reasonably cheap - to get the most common of the Cata blue formulae is often in the region of 3k/per on the auction house. It's the same for most of the other crafting professions. Especially with them being from some of the older rep rewards, like Sporregar and Kurenai.
    Also, in the same vein, if you're trying to complete either tailoring or leatherworking(both have patterns in the reward chest, iirc), dire maul, here we come.. many... many.. times.

Deleted
    Inscription is different from other professions. Most glyphs are useful and have constant demand (for alts), so in order to be effective (and to be able to supply the market), you need to be able to learn all of the patterns. The fact that the only way to do this is using a rare drop from content no one does anymore is pretty harsh.

None of the other professions work like this, 90% of the stuff you make as LW/BS/Tailoring is only good for de'ing and vendoring; only certain pieces are useful for twinks and levellers. Getting all recipes for those professions is only really for completionists, but getting all glyphs is important because there's a steady market/demand for glyphs.

Deleted
    Yes, on my server there aren't any books to buy on AH at any price.

I've been asking around in trade chat once or twice a day offering 100g for any of the books that people have lying around. I tend to get a handful every couple of days, which isn't too bad. I also check the AH in the morning and evening for some, but only buy if they are listed at less than 200g because I think any more than that is a very inflated price.

The way I've been financing buying the books like this is just farming Whiptail one or two days a week for an hour or so and then selling all of the Volatile Life I get in stacks of 100 or 200 for 1000g or 2000g a pop. It's been a pretty decent strategy so far, and I think I'm about halfway through learning the glyphs only available via the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandin View Post
    I've been asking around in trade chat once or twice a day offering 100g for any of the books that people have lying around. I tend to get a handful every couple of days, which isn't too bad. I also check the AH in the morning and evening for some, but only buy if they are listed at less than 200g because I think any more than that is a very inflated price.

The way I've been financing buying the books like this is just farming Whiptail one or two days a week for an hour or so and then selling all of the Volatile Life I get in stacks of 100 or 200 for 1000g or 2000g a pop. It's been a pretty decent strategy so far, and I think I'm about halfway through learning the glyphs only available via the books.
    Every major glyph is learn-able by books if you haven't gotten them from your NR research.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde