Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enchanters meeting ASAP!!!

So come patch 4.1 maelstrom crystals will drop from the average price of 3000g to probibly at 1st 500g then 100g. were not gonna make much money on enchants because of compitition.

so for the more popular enchants lets make a lowest price right now.

Landslide:
    scroll 1500g min
    there mats 100g tip
    your mats 1500g min (excuding tips)
    guildies w/e price

Power torrent:
    scroll: 1400g min
    There mats: 100g tip
    Your mats: 1500g min (excluding tips)
    guild: w/e

Wind walk: (seriously would like to promote tanking)
    scroll: 1000g
    There mats: name your price
    Your mats:75g
    Guild w/e

the rest is kinda cheap so im not gonna list.

Sorry to break it to you, you can't charge for a tip, a tip is a tip, it's up to the person to give it to you. You can however charge a service fee, other than that I don't see why you think crystals will drop in price.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, you can't charge for a tip, a tip is a tip, it's up to the person to give it to you. You can however charge a service fee, other than that I don't see why you think crystals will drop in price.
    Because of the new ZA and ZG dropping epics.

To be fair, we don't actually KNOW whether or not they're going to be disenchantable, but word on the street says they are in PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Because of the new ZA and ZG dropping epics.

To be fair, we don't actually KNOW whether or not they're going to be disenchantable, but word on the street says they are in PTR.

I really haven't seen the price on maelstroms going near 3k since jan, are you playing on a high pop server with bad guilds?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also of note, I don't think these types of "meetings" to control the market have ever actually worked. XD

People are lazy and will charge what they charge--not some arbitrary figure someone on the internet told them to charge (no offense.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    I really haven't seen the price on maelstroms going near 3k since jan, are you playing on a high pop server with bad guilds?
    My server is fine--they're about 1K right now if I recall, but I DE my own stuff and stuff for the guild, so I pretty much never pay.

I was simply responding to Parasitik when they were like "I don't see why they'd get cheaper".

10+ Year Old Account
    They hover around 3k, as much as this is a pod dea, we all know there will be people in it for the quick buck and will ruin our plans.

As for landslide because it takes so msny crystals to just learn the enchant we should charge more than 100g

Exactly that, it will range from server to server. Some still sell Truegolds for around 1K while others do it for 200G, personally, no I will not see the prices going down.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Just as a RL side note, meetings like this would be a potential anti-trust violation for price fixing if it were real and these were actual businesses. Just my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    no...low population with money hungry %#$%#%^

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO If you've put the time and money into leveling a profession you should be able to charge what you like. As for the competition, it really varies throughout the day, so setting a minimum price via forum post probably won't do the trick.
    Just set your prices accordingly, if you need to haggle do so. Play the trade game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: With ZA being remade, does that mean the Executioner enchant will be retired?
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

i honestly thought the prices were kinda fair..i saw berserking on the AH at the end of the last expansion going for 2k and i figured these would be good prices..but then agian we have useless agi trinkets and an lol str fist weapon selling for 34k on my realm so...w/e.

---------- Post added 2011-03-15 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    Question: With ZA being remade, does that mean the Executioner enchant will be retired?
    they may update it but most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarlynarz View Post
    IMO If you've put the time and money into leveling a profession you should be able to charge what you like. As for the competition, it really varies throughout the day, so setting a minimum price via forum post probably won't do the trick.
    Just set your prices accordingly, if you need to haggle do so. Play the trade game.
    Charging is fine as long as that's what you call it.

Don't try to pass it off as mandatory tipping.

Deleted
    Maelstrom Crystals will drop alot lower in price thankfully, 15k for an enchant is never fun, the new epics in ZA and ZG are D/E able, and D/E into Crystals, the price will drop to however much undercutters want it to go down to, not every enchanter in game comes here so there is no way that this fixed price proposal will ever work. Just let it happen, there won't be a way to stop it.

And 2000g for berserking at the end of WOTLK >.>, on my server it never went over 1k even halfway through the expansion.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Enchanters meeting ASAP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    So come patch 4.1 maelstrom crystals will drop from the average price of 3000g to probibly at 1st 500g then 100g. were not gonna make much money on enchants because of compitition.

so for the more popular enchants lets make a lowest price right now. [snipped]
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: No. I do not like price-fixing. The market is usually fair in what things are worth because of scarcity and the amount a gold a player can earn in Cataclysm. From a server population POV, price-fixers get some serious non-love (at least on realms I play). It is just not worth the ill will that creates the loss of repeat customers.

---------- Post added 2011-03-15 at 10:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Charging is fine as long as that's what you call it.

Don't try to pass it off as mandatory tipping.
    Yes, exactly.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    Once 4.2 hits and you can buy purples with JPs, that's when you will see a freefall. But it'll be nice for enchanters to get the ability to farm for them via heroics, seeing as we have to give away disenchants for free with the new system.

where are people getting fixed pricing from . does the word min. mean something else? i put it behind pretty much all of it.

Note that there will only be heroic versions of ZG and ZA, so that you can only do them once a day. No idea how many bosses there are in the two dungeons, but let's say 10 in both combined? Thats means you can get 2 Maelstroms per day max, and at least early on many people will take the gear. Plus I would guess that many pugs will have problems early on in clearing these two dungeons.

The reason why the prices for Abyss Crystals dropped so fast when ToC 5-man was released was that there was a normal version which could be farmed for hours for Abysses.

Maelstrom Crystal prices will fall, but unlikely to 100 g in the forseeable future.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post

so for the more popular enchants lets make a lowest price right now.

Landslide:
    scroll 1500g min
    there mats 100g tip
    your mats 1500g min (excuding tips)
    guildies w/e price

Power torrent:
    scroll: 1400g min
    There mats: 100g tip
    Your mats: 1500g min (excluding tips)
    guild: w/e

Wind walk: (seriously would like to promote tanking)
    scroll: 1000g
    There mats: name your price
    Your mats:75g
    Guild w/e

the rest is kinda cheap so im not gonna list.
    Screw this noise. You guys have had it made for awhile with the unbelievable crystal prices. About time Blizz installs a mechanic to get these down.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Screw this noise. You guys have had it made for awhile with the unbelievable crystal prices. About time Blizz installs a mechanic to get these down.
    Enchanters didnt have it made. Its not like enchanters can just craft crystals. Gotta find purples to do that. In which purples dont come easy. At least after the alchemy stone. debacle.

Anyways this whole strategy isnt going to work. Im ahppy blizz did this. It needed to be done and now maybe enchanters can actually start making some money. From tips and etc.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php