Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Funny, since Blizzard cinematics are exclusively aimed at replicating game content in a photorealistic manner. This is a dumb argument either way; you might as well say LOTR had terrible art aesthetics because Elves aren't real.

Oh well, hurp durp opinions.
    Well no he's actually right.I find the cartoon style of WoW very fitting when I compare it to other MMO's that make their best to have top realistic graphics,it just doesn't fit.

I seriously doubt Titan will fill WoW's shoes, I'm thinking it will fail and Blizz will be forced to launch WoW 2
    imo

15+ Year Old Account
    Good things are worth the wait! And the more time a game takes to finish, the better it will be

Altho I have no idea what kind of game it will even be o_O
    Last edited by Kuja; 2011-03-18 at 09:10 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I am also curious why so many people believe Titan is going to be MMOFPS. Where did that idea even originate from? I really doubt Blizzard would try to get fancy and make a game MMOFPS when they've never even made a single player FPS. I still think they are trolling and it's going to be World of Starcraft.
    Just for people who keep bringing it up. This was stated by Boubouille. Here's the actual quote.

Boubouille:
    Titan
    Yeah, that's Blizzard's new MMOFPS and I might have hinted at that in the past but I don't have a lot of extra information about it and the release date is just an estimation. Don't assume that it will be released by the end of 2013 based on that document, it would be very stupid. (Edit: Titan is a new game by the way, not an existing IP. But I'm really not sure what's the plan with it, I just know that the FPS bit is most likely here to stay)
    It doesn't prove anything but when several unrelated sources say the same thing, maybe it's something close to the truth. (but who knows)
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

I think a big mistake that Blizzard may be making here is that Titan does'nt have the benefit of a back story like WoW did with its 3 RTS games. People who actually liked those games felt sort of invested in WoW, the stage was already set with a great storyline and unique and memorable characters. I think this was a big reason for WoW's success. I think they should find a way to "set the stage" before they release this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Hey guys, my neighbor has been building something in his shed for 3 months. I don't know what it is. Do you think it's too big a project for him?
    Made me lol

---------- Post added 2011-03-18 at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Perhaps they are actually building a Titan. Some people are going to be a bit surprised when they find out it's not a codeword.
    I'm shure they're building it in Deathquoi's neighbor's shed!

Imo the longer we wait the better it'll be.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Blizzard like to try and make there games the best they can be and try to make it so more people ccan play there games so it will take alot more time for them to compleast projects they start but in saying that you know at the end of the day you will end up witha decent product witha good player basse from teh get go mainly because it is a blizzard game so the wait is well worth it for teh quality of game you get
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

I have no interest in playing a "MMOFPS". It doesn't work, latency will be the downfall of it.

Besides I just don't like the idea of Sci-Fi MMOs.

Blizzard's lazy management will fail on this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    if by good graphics you mean a lifeless and dull character with so many polygons the model can only be loaded on NASA systems, with stupid overdosed reflective shaders and that $%/$ ass HDR all over the screen that you barely see what's going on. I will say this : Not happening
    I am glad to not be the only one who despises "good" graphics. For as real as they try to make some of those games, to me, they just end up looking faker.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree, 6 years is quite long. although like other people pointed out, starcraft 2 was a very long project and it was VERY successful. the game is terrific and got many good ratings, so i have no doubt in blizzard.
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

Let them take their time. I prefer waiting a couple more years than having a product earlier that doesn't stand its ratings, just imo. WoW and SC2 had tons of work time beyond and they're both successful, big names in the market.
    Real tanks don't use that foo foo magic stuff...we use steel and harsh language.

My faith in humanity before WotLK : ------|---
    after : -|--------

Deleted
    All I know is Blizzard has done a good job so far with all three of there universes.
    I'm not interested in finding out what genre it is, or how long its going to take to make.
    I'm just looking forward to it and I'm confident Blizzard can easily handle it and are going to make something awesome, nuff said.