10+ Year Old Account
    So I whipped this up in Inkscape: Warning, may be a spoiler if you haven't read A Storm of Swords, click at your own risk.

http://bit.ly/Yxk0qx

It's a URL to my project's deviantArt page, just to keep the title out of eyesight.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-03-23 at 02:18 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I find it amazing that the season 3 trailer has 20 million views after being out for just 1 month. The Dark Knight Rises has 27 million views and has been out for 10 months. Although I guess that just tells you how many people actually pirate the show seeing as only about 3 million worldwide watch it on HBO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I find it amazing that the season 3 trailer has 20 million views after being out for just 1 month. The Dark Knight Rises has 27 million views and has been out for 10 months. Although I guess that just tells you how many people actually pirate the show seeing as only about 3 million worldwide watch it on HBO.
    and most countries don't have HBO, and show it on other channels, so...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The statistics most often talked about are also opening night. Or two opening nights. While many people buy the boxset, and watch later viewings, or on demand. ETc.

Things not in the calculations.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be interesting to see how often it's torrented
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    would be interesting to see how often it's torrented
    3.9 mil per episode according to this source (only counting public trackers though. If private trackers where to be added it could be around ~4.5 mil (my own guestimation))
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2013-03-23 at 05:29 PM.

Honestly give me a way to pay for it on PayPal and I'd GLADLY pay a buck or two per episode, which is better than me torrenting it, isn't it? These TV people are really taking a long time to transition to the online world.

Now I feel like there is a way for me to pay for it online when it comes out. Is there? I don't even know. They need to advertise it if there is.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Honestly give me a way to pay for it on PayPal and I'd GLADLY pay a buck or two per episode, which is better than me torrenting it, isn't it? These TV people are really taking a long time to transition to the online world.

Now I feel like there is a way for me to pay for it online when it comes out. Is there? I don't even know. They need to advertise it if there is.
    In the United States - HBO GO (ie: "Netflix for HBO content") is only available to those who have an actual HBO subscription as a part of their cable TV subscription; and HBO has been extremely resistant in changing this because 1) they're owned by the cable companies, and 2) they make far more money from the cable subscriptions (or so they say).

Though, now that HBO has has been rolling out standalone subscriptions to HBO GO to other countries that either don't have HBO or are seeing really low subscription numbers already; there's been an influx of people hoping that they might finally open up HBO GO as a subscription service to anyone in the US (like Netflix); but they (HBO) is not talking about it.

But, some good news (sort of) - the CEO of HBO just said recently that they "might" consider an option of bundling HBO GO subscriptions with Internet subscriptions (your internet bill from your ISP), optionally increasing your internet bill to bundle HBO GO with it; but still no word on stand-alone subscriptions to HBO. If anything, it's a step in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish I didn't have to wait so damn long after the end of the season to watch the season. I don't get HBO and I won't be in a position to pick up a subscription until after the season is over.

And I don't want to be a pirate. Yarrrr.
    Putin khuliyo

Still so much of a pain in the ass to actually pay for it, especially if you're out of the US. They're just throwing money away by not giving us this option.

God it's like when CBS or another US network puts a video up on youtube and then sets it so that you can only see it in a few countries. Why the hell would you do that, I want to give you money (indirectly at least, putting up with your ads). I guess it's some legal crap.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, I'm looking at that HBO Go thing for the Philippines (where I'm from), and they want me to contact my cable company or something. And then dealing with them isn't a walk in the park either. They need to realize... if I can't just press a button and give you my money, I really don't want to make the extra effort to do it.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-03-24 at 01:39 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I actually noticed the other day that the one shows I pirate these days are HBO... (mostly Game of Thrones and True Blood) if they let people in the UK who didn't have HBO sub to HBOgo I would do it in seconds, or better yet, let people with BTVision(it's kinda... Sky lite) sub to HBO . I don't LIKE to pirate, I'm doing it because it's the only way I can get access to these shows without waiting an extra 2+ years (to put this in perspective they've only JUST started showing Season 1 in the UK on BTVision).

also... ONE FUCKING WEEK!!!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account

So yeah... not MUCH of a spoiler as IIRC the very first chapter in WoW will be Arya helping take the castle, then I get the feeling she's going to go and cross a few names of her list! The dragon theory is all me though and is probably wrong .[/spoiler]
    probably not how it's gonna turn out ;p i heard a theory she will kill Catelyn which I kinda like. very sad and and very GRRMish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I actually noticed the other day that the one shows I pirate these days are HBO... (mostly Game of Thrones and True Blood) if they let people in the UK who didn't have HBO sub to HBOgo I would do it in seconds, or better yet, let people with BTVision(it's kinda... Sky lite) sub to HBO . I don't LIKE to pirate, I'm doing it because it's the only way I can get access to these shows without waiting an extra 2+ years (to put this in perspective they've only JUST started showing Season 1 in the UK on BTVision).

Eh, still two months for me. While I anticipate the season, I'm anticipating the ninth episode more than anything.

Schaudenfreude is like a drug.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    probably not how it's gonna turn out ;p i heard a theory she will kill Catelyn which I kinda like. very sad and and very GRRMish.
    You may want to edit the first [spoiler] back into my post just in case.

And why on Earth would Arya want to kill Catelyn, besides the fact that Cat is already technically dead, what beef would Arya have with her?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Eh, still two months for me. While I anticipate the season, I'm anticipating the ninth episode more than anything.

Schaudenfreude is like a drug.
    Myeh, ep 9 is of course going to be the highpoint, but there's still lots of cool shit in the REST of the season, so I'm psyched for the start

I'm excited about Season 5. I wanna see how they handle A Feast For Crows and A Dance with Dragons. A Storm of Swords seems like background story for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    And another trailer Lots of dragons !

Deleted
    It looks like their budget went through the roof this season. Just look at all the trailers this year, everything looks top-notch, the production quality is that of a feature film. I can't wait anymore aghhh!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakha View Post
    It looks like their budget went through the roof this season. Just look at all the trailers this year, everything looks top-notch, the production quality is that of a feature film. I can't wait anymore aghhh!
    Actually, what I've read in interviews is that the budget is similar to the previous season, but in season 2 they had to reserve a lot of that for the Battle of the Blackwater. In season 3 they can apparantly spread their FX budget around a lot more since there aren't any set pieces of that scope.

Just finished A Dance with Dragons, and it may be my favourite in the series. I know a lot of people complains about how slow the story moves, and how "nothing happens", but I feel like people missed the point that the War of the Five Kings ended in A Storm of Swords, and that A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons is an Aftermath.