1. #2541
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,452
    I just wish I didn't have to wait so damn long after the end of the season to watch the season. I don't get HBO and I won't be in a position to pick up a subscription until after the season is over.

    And I don't want to be a pirate. Yarrrr.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  2. #2542
    Still so much of a pain in the ass to actually pay for it, especially if you're out of the US. They're just throwing money away by not giving us this option.

    God it's like when CBS or another US network puts a video up on youtube and then sets it so that you can only see it in a few countries. Why the hell would you do that, I want to give you money (indirectly at least, putting up with your ads). I guess it's some legal crap.

    Edit: Just out of curiosity, I'm looking at that HBO Go thing for the Philippines (where I'm from), and they want me to contact my cable company or something. And then dealing with them isn't a walk in the park either. They need to realize... if I can't just press a button and give you my money, I really don't want to make the extra effort to do it.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-03-24 at 01:39 PM.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  3. #2543
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,462
    Aye, I actually noticed the other day that the one shows I pirate these days are HBO... (mostly Game of Thrones and True Blood) if they let people in the UK who didn't have HBO sub to HBOgo I would do it in seconds, or better yet, let people with BTVision(it's kinda... Sky lite) sub to HBO . I don't LIKE to pirate, I'm doing it because it's the only way I can get access to these shows without waiting an extra 2+ years (to put this in perspective they've only JUST started showing Season 1 in the UK on BTVision).

    also... ONE FUCKING WEEK!!!
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  4. #2544
    Scarab Lord -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Supervillain Club: The Dreaming
    Posts
    4,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

    also... ONE FUCKING WEEK!!!

  5. #2545
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    So yeah... not MUCH of a spoiler as IIRC the very first chapter in WoW will be Arya helping take the castle, then I get the feeling she's going to go and cross a few names of her list! The dragon theory is all me though and is probably wrong .[/spoiler]
    probably not how it's gonna turn out ;p i heard a theory she will kill Catelyn which I kinda like. very sad and and very GRRMish.

  6. #2546
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Aye, I actually noticed the other day that the one shows I pirate these days are HBO... (mostly Game of Thrones and True Blood) if they let people in the UK who didn't have HBO sub to HBOgo I would do it in seconds, or better yet, let people with BTVision(it's kinda... Sky lite) sub to HBO . I don't LIKE to pirate, I'm doing it because it's the only way I can get access to these shows without waiting an extra 2+ years (to put this in perspective they've only JUST started showing Season 1 in the UK on BTVision).

    also... ONE FUCKING WEEK!!!
    Eh, still two months for me. While I anticipate the season, I'm anticipating the ninth episode more than anything.

    Schaudenfreude is like a drug.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  7. #2547
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,462
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    probably not how it's gonna turn out ;p i heard a theory she will kill Catelyn which I kinda like. very sad and and very GRRMish.
    You may want to edit the first [spoiler] back into my post just in case.

    And why on Earth would Arya want to kill Catelyn, besides the fact that Cat is already technically dead, what beef would Arya have with her?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Eh, still two months for me. While I anticipate the season, I'm anticipating the ninth episode more than anything.

    Schaudenfreude is like a drug.
    Myeh, ep 9 is of course going to be the highpoint, but there's still lots of cool shit in the REST of the season, so I'm psyched for the start
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  8. #2548
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,591
    I'm excited about Season 5. I wanna see how they handle A Feast For Crows and A Dance with Dragons. A Storm of Swords seems like background story for me!
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  9. #2549
    Stood in the Fire sinilaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    448
    And another trailer Lots of dragons !


  10. #2550
    It looks like their budget went through the roof this season. Just look at all the trailers this year, everything looks top-notch, the production quality is that of a feature film. I can't wait anymore aghhh!

  11. #2551
    The Lightbringer Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakha View Post
    It looks like their budget went through the roof this season. Just look at all the trailers this year, everything looks top-notch, the production quality is that of a feature film. I can't wait anymore aghhh!
    Actually, what I've read in interviews is that the budget is similar to the previous season, but in season 2 they had to reserve a lot of that for the Battle of the Blackwater. In season 3 they can apparantly spread their FX budget around a lot more since there aren't any set pieces of that scope.

  12. #2552
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Actually, what I've read in interviews is that the budget is similar to the previous season, but in season 2 they had to reserve a lot of that for the Battle of the Blackwater. In season 3 they can apparantly spread their FX budget around a lot more since there aren't any set pieces of that scope.
    Good. We didn't get enough of the dragons last season


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  13. #2553
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,591
    Just finished A Dance with Dragons, and it may be my favourite in the series. I know a lot of people complains about how slow the story moves, and how "nothing happens", but I feel like people missed the point that the War of the Five Kings ended in A Storm of Swords, and that A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons is an Aftermath.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  14. #2554
    Stood in the Fire sinilaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Just finished A Dance with Dragons, and it may be my favourite in the series. I know a lot of people complains about how slow the story moves, and how "nothing happens", but I feel like people missed the point that the War of the Five Kings ended in A Storm of Swords, and that A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons is an Aftermath.
    They are more of a build up to the next war. Winter has finally come to Westeros and shit is going down in Meereen.

  15. #2555
    I wish they'd forget about Meereen and put Dany on Westeros... Getting tired of that side of the world.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  16. #2556
    The Lightbringer Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I wish they'd forget about Meereen and put Dany on Westeros... Getting tired of that side of the world.
    The next book starts with Victarion and his fleet arriving in Meereen to help Dany's army win the war and to bring her back to Westeros as Euron's bride (or whatever Victarion actually has planned for her and her dragons). So she may well be heading to Westeros by the end of the sixth book.

    I do agree that the "Meereenese knot" as Martin calls it was probably allowed to get too out of hand with regards to the total scope of the books. It gets really tangled by the end of [I]Storm[/I] and doesn't come much closer to resolution in [I]Dance[/I]... but, oh well, it'll be untangled in [I]The Winds of Winter[/I]

  17. #2557
    Stood in the Fire sinilaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    448
    I hope she never makes it to Westeros and dies in The Slavers Bay and everyone in Westeros gets killed by the White Walkers. If Martin did something as awsome as that I'll forever worship him as a god.

  18. #2558
    Scarab Lord -Zait-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Supervillain Club: The Dreaming
    Posts
    4,897
    Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I hope she never makes it to Westeros and dies in The Slavers Bay and everyone in Westeros gets killed by the White Walkers. If Martin did something as awsome as that I'll forever worship him as a god.
    With his history of what he does to his characters, that's probably not that far off from what'll happen.

  19. #2559
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,452
    Speaking of Dany, what the hell was the point of Quentin Martel?

    I mean seriously, was he only added to the story simply to become a pork roast? He has this epic journey to marry Dany and gets his ass burnt to a crisp and that's it. That's the end of it. I got to that scene and I was like "wtf is the point of his character? To take up space?"

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  20. #2560
    Epic! Skavau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Speaking of Dany, what the hell was the point of Quentin Martel?

    I mean seriously, was he only added to the story simply to become a pork roast? He has this epic journey to marry Dany and gets his ass burnt to a crisp and that's it. That's the end of it. I got to that scene and I was like "wtf is the point of his character? To take up space?"
    To change Dorne's allegiance from Daenerys to Aegon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •