Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    For me the best part of the series so far (Dont watch if you dont want to S03E04 spoiled).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7ooInjY#t=212s (i dont know who that ranger is, but he is a badass).
    For me, the best scene in the entire show yet (and perhaps one of the best in all of TV) was the last 5 minutes of episode 4. Just.... epic. I was standing up cheering watching it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    For me, the best scene in the entire show yet (and perhaps one of the best in all of TV) was the last 5 minutes of episode 4. Just.... epic. I was standing up cheering watching it.
    My cousin gave that scene a standing ovation. I had the biggest grin of excitement I've ever had for a TV show.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    *deep breath*

'You are a bastard, a daughter fucking, wilding bastard' epicness right their.

Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    *deep breath*

'You are a bastard, a daughter fucking, wilding bastard' epicness right their.
    I didnt understand that scene, why exactly did they all start killing each other? I get killing the old guy, even Mormont yet as Sam is running away you see everybody fighting one another. Once those two were dead I wouldnt see the need to fight anyone else, maybe the guy who killed Mormont for betraying the Night's Watch thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    I didnt understand that scene, why exactly did they all start killing each other? I get killing the old guy, even Mormont yet as Sam is running away you see everybody fighting one another. Once those two were dead I wouldnt see the need to fight anyone else, maybe the guy who killed Mormont for betraying the Night's Watch thats about it.
    Some of the guys sent to the wall are decent people. But a lot of them are just the dregs of society who take the black rather than having their head (or dick) removed. They were on their way back from a massacre and saw the opportunity to make a break for it. And there's more than a little animosity amongst some of the crows.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    This season is lacking scenes with future Mrs. Tradewind.

Well she certainly showed off plenty of skin this last episode. I will have to review it later for inspection.

10+ Year Old Account
    That fight with the Hound and Beric was awesome. Flame sword ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Bleh I for one am not looking forward to it. I wish I'd never read the books! I'd definitely like to have approached this series with no knowledge. Maybe something like this is a good idea.
    I read the first one years ago, so the first season was more of a refresher for me, with my interest renewed my plan is to watch the show then read the books as the show passes that book, very minimal spoilers that way.

Made the mistake of buying the box set though, takes a lot of willpower with the books sitting on a shelf 2ft from me.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 07:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    That fight with the Hound and Beric was awesome. Flame sword ftw.
    I actually cheered when the hound split him shoulder to heart. I like Clegan. Seeing him best that guy despite his crippling fear of fire was awesome.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-04-29 at 07:35 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

The last scene of this week's episode.

I've never read the books, but I've never seen such a big "YOU'RE GONNA DIE" sign flash over a character's head before.

Deleted
    So, what do you guys think of Jaime now?

The scene with him and Brienne was much better than how I immagined it reading the book. The guy is such a good actor.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-04-29 at 12:24 PM.

Under the sea
    Under the sea
    Nobody invade us
    Sack us and rape us
    With impunity
    We think the royal folks all suck
    Under the sea we off their Mooks
    We got no troubles
    Life is the bubbles
    Under the sea
    Under the sea
    Since the Drowned God rules over here
    We don't hear the Rains of Castamere
    Naturally
    Even the Mountain an' the Hound
    They start playing all day round
    No sign of Others
    No one shall bother
    Under the sea
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    Under the sea
    Under the sea
    Nobody invade us
    Sack us and rape us
    With impunity
    We think the royal folks all suck
    Under the sea we off their Mooks
    We got no troubles
    Life is the bubbles
    Under the sea
    Under the sea
    Since the Drowned God rules over here
    We don't hear the Rains of Castamere
    Naturally
    Even the Mountain an' the Hound
    They start playing all day round
    No sign of Others
    No one shall bother
    Under the sea
    There'll be no accusations,
    Just friendly crustaceans,
    Under the sea!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like some big Ramsay stuff next ep. Seems they're building him and his father up at the same time.

Anyway, that Stannis/Selyse scene wasn't as terrible as I feared. Still... urgh.

Deleted
    An excellent episode all around. I found the Beric/Hound fight to be very good and the actor who plays the hound really showed the characters fear of fire. Awesome.
    Also liked the Jaime Brienne scene. Very well done.

Have to agree. Stannis/Selyse scene wasnt great. But man is she creepy as fuck.

Not sure I like how they've replaced Willas Tyrell with Loras in the show, but I guess it makes sense that they didn't want to introduce a character just to have him not mean anything. Now Loras kind of wears many hats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Not sure I like how they've replaced Willas Tyrell with Loras in the show, but I guess it makes sense that they didn't want to introduce a character just to have him not mean anything. Now Loras kind of wears many hats.
    Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Loras appointed to the kingsguard and so he shouldnt really be able to marry anyone?

I was a bit annoyed at Loras' encounter this episode though. In the books hes so broken up over Renlys death it seems like he'll never love again

Yeah, he was appointed to the Kingsguard immediately after the battle of the Blackwater. I don't remember if they did it in the show, but if they did, that's a huge inconsistency (since the Kingsguard isn't allowed to marry, and Sansa and Margery would know that). Maybe in the show he's just futzing around King's Landing?

I also agree with you about how he acted with that squire. He had been largely a rage-driven, sad man after Renly's death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celtic209 View Post
    Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Loras appointed to the kingsguard and so he shouldnt really be able to marry anyone?
    Loras was never invitied into the Kingsguard, if it HAD happened if would have happened at the same time as Margeary's engagment to Joffrey. Tbh as soon as that happend... or didn't happen, it was fairly obvious Willas was going to be dropped. Not a BAD change though, really.

This week was fucking EPIC. LOVED the duel between the Hound and Berrick, glad they did a much better job of that than they did with the Jaime/Brienne fight , The Hound is such a badass, I'm glad they gave him another chance to show it off. also, lil book help here...I can't remember how him and Arya start off on their wild adventure... can anyone patch my leaky memory?

Speaking of Jaime/Brienne LOVED the Bath-house scene, was good to have a chance for Jaime to explain HIS side of the whole "kingslayer" thing.

also.. dat last scene
    *tyrion walks in, sees Cersei grinning like the cat with the cream*
    Tywin: blahblah You're marrying Sansa
    *Tyrion gets upset, Cersei looks even happier*
    Tywin: And Cersei, you're marrying Loras
    *grin falls off her face*

Love Tywin , really I love all the lannisters, except Cersei.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    also, lil book help here...I can't remember how him and Arya start off on their wild adventure... can anyone patch my leaky memory?
    Pretty sure there's a fight in the BWB or something, during which Arya goes outside and Sandor comes back looking for his gold. He sees Arya and snatches her off instead.

I think so, anyway. Not 100% sure about the first bit; she might have hatched the idea to escape alone after she realizes the BWB would ransom her or something.

This will bother me. x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Pretty sure there's a fight in the BWB or something
    Didn't she and the brotherhood manage to arrive at the Frey's keep just in time for those festivities? I could have sworn the last scene in her particular POV chapter was her being ridden down by someone (Clegane) amongst the confusion.

Then again, I could have my timeline messed up.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2013-04-30 at 01:09 AM.