I knew what was going to happen in tonight's episode was coming, and it was still so... ugh. Overall, great episode, but man.. I have a very dissatisfied feeling right now. I can't place it.

Hum. Back to reading. Hopefully will be finished with the first book by the finale next Sunday.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    You need to realize that they follow the series. If a character dies in the books, they die in the show. The second season may not even be called Game of Thrones, but the name of the second book instead, since it would be based off the second book. Really Ned wasn't the main character, there is no main character in the books. The story just keeps going on. Movie and TV directors need to realize it is ok to kill off their characters sometimes.

The books are amazing, and the show is amazing, so why would people stop watching the second season as long as it stays true to the book and is as good or even better then the first?
    You lost me. Ive read all the books multiple times. If you were talking about another star being added to the series, I wan't talking about Ned. i was actually refering to the rumor that Stannis will be a big name actor, like how Ned was played by Sean Bean.
    And what i said still holds true. =) People will continue watching after this season. They'll be more hooked than they already are.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    I knew what was going to happen in tonight's episode was coming, and it was still so... ugh. Overall, great episode, but man.. I have a very dissatisfied feeling right now. I can't place it.

Hum. Back to reading. Hopefully will be finished with the first book by the finale next Sunday.
    I actually thought the ending was amazing. Without reading the book I knew Ned was going to die, and he was meant to die. It shows that the show doesn't revolve just around him but around many characters, that he isn't the actual main character.

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 05:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    You lost me. Ive read all the books multiple times.
    And what i said still holds true. =) People will continue watching after this season. They'll be more hooked than they already are.
    I was really answering other people, but quoting you, my bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    You need to realize that they follow the series. If a character dies in the books, they die in the show. The second season may not even be called Game of Thrones, but the name of the second book instead, since it would be based off the second book. Really Ned wasn't the main character, there is no main character in the books. The story just keeps going on. Movie and TV directors need to realize it is ok to kill off their characters sometimes.

The books are amazing, and the show is amazing, so why would people stop watching the second season as long as it stays true to the book and is as good or even better then the first?
    Game of Thrones isn't even the name of the first book ("A Game of Thrones"). The name of the series is probably going to stay - they've already said they renewed "Game of Thrones" for a second season. The phrase "game of thrones" isn't just unique to the first book either - it isn't like the Sword of Truth series where they had a Wizard's Rule in every book. Other characters in the other books use the phrase "game of thrones" in casual conversation from time to time ("That's what happens when you play the game of thrones.", etc). I think it is a fitting title for the entire series.

People who haven't read the books (e.g. most of the audience) may jump ship after Ned's death but I hope not. If this show can actually finish through all 7 seasons, it will be one of those things to show your children (well when they're a bit older obviously).
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-06-13 at 05:57 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    I was really answering other people, but quoting you, my bad.
    Ah ok. lol

It shows that the show doesn't revolve just around him but around many characters, that he isn't the actual main character.
    The "dissatisfied feeling" part wasn't just towards Ned. A major part of it was towards everything going on with Dany/Drogo right now. It was a good episode, but just.. off. Like I said, I can't place it or begin to describe what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Game of Thrones isn't even the name of the first book ("A Game of Thrones"). The name of the series is probably going to stay - they've already said they renewed "Game of Thrones" for a second season. The phrase "game of thrones" isn't just unique to the first book either - it isn't like the Sword of Truth series where they had a Wizard's Rule in every book. Other characters in the other books use the phrase "game of thrones" in casual conversation from time to time ("That's what happens when you play the game of thrones.", etc). I think it is a fitting title for the entire series.

People who haven't read the books (e.g. most of the audience) may jump ship after Ned's death but I hope not. If this show can actually finish through all 7 seasons, it will be one of those things to show your children (well when they're a bit older obviously).
    As long as it is a good show, people should stay. They just need to realize that Ned Stark isn't the main character, that there isn't really a main character in his writings.

The "dissatisfied feeling" part wasn't just towards Ned. A major part of it was towards everything going on with Dany/Drogo right now. It was a good episode, but just.. off. Like I said, I can't place it or begin to describe what I mean.
    Well with Drogo it was done much better in the books I must say. In this TV series it feels a lot more abrupt.

I think it is probably how much they are deviating from the story there so that they can compress it better, as well as much of what is occurring in the rest of the series. The lack of night scenes, the fear of battle scenes and just how off the Sept of Baelor looked. The episode was off and dissatisfying for most of people who read the books, still good mind you just... Not quite there.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    The episode was off and dissatisfying for most of people who read the books, still good mind you just... Not quite there.
    I've just started reading and nowhere near caught up to where tonight's episode is, but I get what you mean. I've seen people complaining about how "crammed" this season is, but tonight was the first time I actually got that feeling, too. Everything seemed very, very short in all aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is probably how much they are deviating from the story there so that they can compress it better, as well as much of what is occurring in the rest of the series. The lack of night scenes, the fear of battle scenes and just how off the Sept of Baelor looked. The episode was off and dissatisfying for most of people who read the books, still good mind you just... Not quite there.
    I was disappointed at how they skipped the battle...

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 06:10 AM ----------

I've just started reading and nowhere near caught up to where tonight's episode is, but I get what you mean. I've seen people complaining about how "crammed" this season is, but tonight was the first time I actually got that feeling, too. Everything seemed very, very short in all aspects.
    I think it is far less crammed then anything else. If it was a movie then it would have been crammed. I am just amazed at how a lot of the scenes are literally word for word, action for action from the book, like they used the book as the script. Ten hours is really good for a book, much better then 90 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    In terms of adapting books to TV, this is about as good as it gets. The scenes are mostly faithful, even a lot of the 'sex scenes'.

If you compare this to like The Legend of the Seeker or even Dexter or really ANYTHING that was a book, this is extremely good.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. This adaptation is amazing. It's much like LotR. It's very true to source material, while still making it accessible to the screen.

Still, we need more than 10 episodes.

Deleted
    http://www.amazon.com/Dance-Dragons-...ref=pd_sim_b_1

That one is the fifth? Coz, in Amazon it says it is. But, Why do u think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygianis View Post

Yeah, that's the 5th book.

Just watched Episode 9. WTF man.

I almost want to read the books just so I can know wtf is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygianis View Post

Yes, it is the fifth.

The order is:

A Game of Thrones
    A Clash of Kings
    A Storm of Swords
    A Feast for Crows
    A Dance With Dragons (which will be released on 7/12/11)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Just watched Episode 9. WTF man.

I almost want to read the books just so I can know wtf is going on.
    hehehe You should. They are amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Larry is not liking this episode. Don't worry, Larry. We all had this reaction at a few points in the series:

(warning: foul language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM

And his (composed) review for episode 9 (still some foul language)

http://www.youtube.com/user/OtakuASSEMBLE

I lost count at how many times I laughed watching both of those videos. That guy (as I'm sure the majority of people who didn't know what was coming - TV or book) truly felt betrayed... I could feel his pain lol. I laughed especially hard when he got a phone call in the middle of his rant, that's when I knew he was not acting in any way. He even cursed HBO and the author himself for Ned's death, swearing to never watch again if Drogo dies too lol.

I haven't read the books yet myself (but fully plan to after I finish the Wheel of Time series), but tonight's episode definitely left me... just... stunned Can't wait for the finale... I really don't see what better cliff-hangar they could have in store better than what just happened tonight, but from what people say about the books... I shouldn't really expect anything of this story because anything can happen - no "plot armor" here lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulltimejoke View Post
    I lost count at how many times I laughed watching both of those videos. That guy (as I'm sure the majority of people who didn't know what was coming - TV or book) truly felt betrayed... I could feel his pain lol. I laughed especially hard when he got a phone call in the middle of his rant, that's when I knew he was not acting in any way. He even cursed HBO and the author himself for Ned's death, swearing to never watch again if Drogo dies too lol.
    My favorite part was, "George R R Martin, you are a sick, twisted, evil man..."

ROFL. He doesn't even know the HALF of it.