Winter of 2012 can't come soon enough! Bring on Season 2 and the next book in a couple of weeks!

One thing I will say about the Tv Show is that the idea of removing the prophecy that Dany will have three people betray her really should have been left in, and it wasn't, but a minor problem overall I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaz View Post
    Winter of 2012 can't come soon enough! Bring on Season 2 and the next book in a couple of weeks!

One thing I will say about the Tv Show is that the idea of removing the prophecy that Dany will have three people betray her really should have been left in, and it wasn't, but a minor problem overall I guess.
    So totally thought it said Season 2 will tart in the Spring of 12'. Long wait, but oh so worth it. And a really, really epic finale, I think I shed a tear at the end, and the credits music matched the "oshi dragons!", worked really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mother-f*cking dragons!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidraysPwn View Post
    Epic finale pretty spot on to how I pictured it in the books some minor editing but nothing to big gone. However the pycelle scene didnt need to be there i dont even remember that in the book.
    They established he's a dirty old man who likes working women (this will come into play later).

That, and they had to shoehorn Ros - the character who never existed in the books and only serves for sexposition - somehow.

Otherwise, I think they hit the finale out of the park. A great setup not for just next year, but the whole story in general. As I read someone else say earlier: "Newbies who haven't read the books? You know the last 10 episodes you just watched? That was the PROLOGUE!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaz View Post
    That's actually later. Shh, no spoilers thread. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Holy crap. Amazing. Truly amazing. Av/Sig changes incoming.

THERE ARE TOO MANY CHOICES.

Alright. Will be rotating for awhile now. There are more I want to have up. LOVED the ending. Dragons.<3 Also, when Sansa said to Joffrey, "Or maybe he'll give me yours." And the banter between Littlefinger/Varys. And the Night's Watch.. UGH.

Sigh. Really need to get to reading now. There's no way I can wait 'til Spring 2012.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2011-06-20 at 06:24 AM.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    They established he's a dirty old man who likes working women (this will come into play later).

That, and they had to shoehorn Ros - the character who never existed in the books and only serves for sexposition - somehow.

Otherwise, I think they hit the finale out of the park. A great setup not for just next year, but the whole story in general. As I read someone else say earlier: "Newbies who haven't read the books? You know the last 10 episodes you just watched? That was the PROLOGUE!"
    The Pycelle scene felt pretty random to me at first but then I remembered that Ros is working for Littlefinger and she was clearly spying on him. He played her off as a senile old man but as we see when he's left alone he's not as fragile as he seems. Although it wasn't portrayed in the book, it was an interesting way to remind us that the Game of Thrones is still far from over and being fought in many different arenas. You get the same feeling from the Varys vs Littlefinger scenes (never portrayed in the book since neither character has a POV sadly).

I had high expectations for the final moments with Dany and holy balls did they deliver. Such a powerful way to end the book AND the series WOW! Westoros better watch out cause there's a new player in town.
    Last edited by Celebrimba; 2011-06-20 at 06:43 AM.

Deleted
    I'm currently 4 ep's in and I am luvving it! It's tooo good!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    So what do we do till the 12th? No GoT, no Doctor Who, no South Park and Ghost Story's release date is after GoT's.
    US reboot of Wilfred starts 24th this month, season 4 of Eureka on 12th next month. Falling Skies pilot launched today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godshot View Post
    So sad i gotta wait for season 2 ((((
    Someone from youtube said:
    "People complaining about a 1 year wait? Oh my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the long night, when GRRM hides for years and children are born and live and die all before the next book comes out."

And, the series still isn't finished, lol. I'm sure they'll reach the final season of the last book that was released, if it's the one coming out this year, or the one years from now, we'll never know, but I know we're gonna have to wait once or twice for G.R.R.M to finish a book so HBO can read/write story and direct it, edit it, and then release it That'll be the worse

Last episode.. wow. So good. They nailed that episode. Personally I think LF was keeping tabs on Pycelle via Ros, but even she was bored when he started babbling like a senile old man. And I guess Pycelle has survived all these years of service to kings by pretending to be an old man.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was wonderful.

I really hope they cast the right actress for Melisandre; that's one rather volatile role I have faith they won't mess up. Also a suitably creepy actor for Jaqen. <3

Deleted
    THEY KILLED DROGO!!
    Now I'm fucking sad.. but great episode, one of the best so far

15+ Year Old Account
    Ending was epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    DRAGONS!!

Oh man this is the best show on TV. HBO really has the best stuff, I'm just glad my parents have a subscription and I steal their HBO-GO, heh. Watching the episode one hour later isnt too bad. Nor is catching up on all the other seasons and episodes of great television. Entourage, Curb your Enthusiasm, etc. All great in their own genre.

Back to GoT...buying the second book soon, still gotta finish the first one(even though I watched the whole first season). I love Robb, Theon is awesome. As much as I hate the Lannisters, for some reason I like them too. Jaime, Cersi, Tyrion, and Tywin. Though Joffery has no redeeming qualities(that Ive seen so far). Even Daenerys Targaeryn, I love her. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about her, but Dragons are cool. Idk what to think, this is so great, cant wait to get into book 2.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Truly an amazing show. So much work to make everything feel so real. The actors are absolutely amazing, each actor sold their characters for me. GoT is one of few shows where tears of joy came to my eyes when the end of the finale showed. Cannot wait till Season 2.

The last episode was perfect, every character was portrayed as they are in the book, the ending was the precise point i thought it would be given the buildup of the last few episodes. My mind was blown, a flawless final episode.

Am i mistaken or did anyone else see a scraggy looking liam neeson? That+ dragons = second season success alone.

once again, mind...blown.

DAT END

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

10+ Year Old Account
    EPIC ending seriously loved the Arry scene, loved jon leaving the wall and LOVED the final scene, Drogo's funeral was perfect and AMFG the dragons look amazing was so worried they might look wierd/wrong, but DAMN they look epic can't WAIT for next season :S don't think a year will ever go slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Am i mistaken or did anyone else see a scraggy looking liam neeson?
    I did not, but I plan to watch the season again, when did you think you saw him?

also I'm going to greece next month, guess what day I leave... yeah..
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30