Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    [Anime/Manga] CNN Brands Anime & Manga as "Child Porn", What?

    Article: http://otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNe...Porn-5747.aspx
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXkCFqNrDas

    Just.. What? I wonder if they also realize the legal age of consistent in japan is about 13 years old..
    But Either way, This is pretty stupid, They've even taken(as shown in picture in article and video) covers/parts of the manga in which had 0 sexual visuals at all.. And censored them to make it look like they were, Prime example of that is shown in the article.

    The cover image is even suggestively blurred out below the neck to imply that a sex act is taking place. You can see the actual, rather normal, cover on Amazon.jp. Frankly, CNN didn't even need to misrepresent a comic to find something damning in Melonbooks... but they did so anyway, which speaks to their standards.
    Well yes you do have "lolicon" which in most cases I've found in anime lolicons are females aged 16+(This is legal in japan) depicted as being small and tiny.. They are not actual children.
    I personally Find this... Incredibly stupid.

    So I have to ask how often does CNN try shit like this? I honestly never watch TV or news, so I found out about this through a friend of mine who then linked me to a youtuber who gave his opinion on the fact ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDecxr8GAjw ) and I generally agree with him

    Anyone else got any opinion on this?

    Edit: I can get the point of this when it comes down to things like Hentai and stuff ect.. But when it comes down to general, Normal mangas and Anime, which is the prime thing they always mention, rather then hentai.. So, Its a pretty stupid and uneducated report on the manga/anime world..
    Last edited by Mayati; 2014-07-25 at 10:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Mear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    553
    Silly news networks are silly as almost always, worst thing is some people believe everything they hear on tv today and follows it blindly.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Posts
    4,636
    *Rolls eyes, stares up to the heavens* "Oh God; save us from the uneducated morons who couldn't research a subject for the truth of the matter for five damn minutes if their lives depended on it."

    To the educated: Anime ≠ Cartoon porn
    To the uneducated who believe anything: Anime = cartoon porn.

    Looks like we'll have to wait yet another generation before we can see if people can see once for a moment in their lives. As in the words of Max Planck;

    A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    "As you can see the age of the whimsical panda sadly, is over."
    Amen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs
    Social Justice Terrorism strikes again.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Kaitenx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Middle Earth (actually)
    Posts
    525
    Ah this, yeah I remember reading about this on ANN a few weeks ago. Yep its all stupid BS. American media spouting lies and shit.. surprise surprise

  5. #5
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayati View Post
    Anyone else got any opinion on this?
    The better question is: Does it really matter? I mean, is it really relevant to us what some news networks think about stuff like that?

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord Valyrian Stormclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    World's End Tavern, listening to the ETC.
    Posts
    4,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    The better question is: Does it really matter? I mean, is it really relevant to us what some news networks think about stuff like that?
    Not to turn this into a political debate or start flaming, but I've noticed people on MMO-C get upset all the time whenever Bill O'rielly said something related to either video games or movies. So... obviously some people think this stuff is relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    "As you can see the age of the whimsical panda sadly, is over."
    Amen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs
    Social Justice Terrorism strikes again.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Not to turn this into a political debate or start flaming, but I've noticed people on MMO-C get upset all the time whenever Bill O'rielly said something related to either video games or movies. So... obviously some people think this stuff is relevant.
    I just loled xD

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord xylophone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,233
    Take that perverts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Take that perverts.
    But but but... Were not alll perverts -sad-

  10. #10
    I understand how it could piss off anime fans but you can't tell you that a lot of stuff (or some, whatever) that is put out isn't borderline or uses the excuse "well its a cartoon". Lots of legal and moral questions can be raised either way but you can't deny the void that such images are attempting to fill.

    Yall know there are some strange anime fans out there.

  11. #11
    This mostly pisses me off because it makes all the uneducated idiots who watch this hate on people who do like anime/manga. It's like how they love to bash video games and spread the lie that all gamers are basement dwelling no life nerds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I can't wait until they add scrolls to upgrade an item to WF/TF in the blizzard shop.

    You might think it's insane, but just wait.. it will happen. Save this comment.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,380
    lets face it, CNN is basing this completely off a WESTERN VIEW instead of one based on the Japanese views and beliefs.

  13. #13
    Banned Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    8,388
    Ah-nee-may.... jesus christ.....

  14. #14
    I stopped watching when he said "Uh-nee-may".

    Clearly it's just some fucking idiot talking out of his ass about a topic he knows nothing about.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I understand how it could piss off anime fans but you can't tell you that a lot of stuff (or some, whatever) that is put out isn't borderline or uses the excuse "well its a cartoon". Lots of legal and moral questions can be raised either way but you can't deny the void that such images are attempting to fill.

    Yall know there are some strange anime fans out there.
    There are strange people in all fandoms. It's ironic that with Anime people blow the whistle, but here we sit on the internet with a little website called Tumblr that ships everything and anything, one of the most famous ones being an incestual relationship between Sam and Dean in Supernatural. It's so much so that the writers of the show actually fan service this shit now and put more hints to it being real and apparent. Lol. You let this shit happen, anime-haters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Ah-nee-may.... jesus christ.....
    Ann-Nih-may, you don't stress the I as an E.


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    Ann-Nih-may, you don't stress the I as an E.
    He was mocking the reporter.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    There are strange people in all fandoms. It's ironic that with Anime people blow the whistle, but here we sit on the internet with a little website called Tumblr that ships everything and anything, one of the most famous ones being an incestual relationship between Sam and Dean in Supernatural. It's so much so that the writers of the show actually fan service this shit now and put more hints to it being real and apparent. Lol. You let this shit happen, anime-haters.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ann-Nih-may, you don't stress the I as an E.

    he was making fun of the person in the video.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    he was making fun of the person in the video.
    Noted lol.

  19. #19
    Warchief NuLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Flatopia, Tsundereland
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayati View Post
    But but but... Were not alll perverts -sad-
    I am......


  20. #20
    Dreadlord Icaras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    861
    Meh, one reporters worthless opinion that was allowed to air by a foolish news editor on what is probably a slow news day.

    *Brands CNN "Worthless Trash"* OH NO! I branded them and now its true :P
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •