Page 1 of 266
... LastLast

[TV] Game of Thrones [No Spoilers]

Mod edit: For those of you who have read the books, please keep any spoilers in this thread. Thanks!

Mod edit 2: Please do not post any book or un-aired episode spoilers in this thread. If you see these types of spoilers, then please report them. Thank you.

Nerdgasm 0.0

Another, newer preview:

http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/new-gam...er-power/33217
    Last edited by Elysia; 2014-04-22 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Clarification on spoilers.

10+ Year Old Account
    aaaammmmmmggggggg
    gunna be SSSOOOOOO cool
    and it still fucks with my head every time I see Kit Harrington as Jon Snow... I still have a transformer I stole from that dude when we were both kids...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I cannot wait... I've been following it on HBO's site ever since I first heard about it. It's going to be EPIC.

Deleted
    Omg awesome, been following the books for years, still waiting on the next one, cmon George boy!!! And ye if you don't understand the trailer its a series based on the George R.R. Martin books, one of the best series you'll read in the fantasy genre.

Wtf, Boromir died at Amon Hen, this is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont have long to wait swift A Dance with Dragons comes out on July 12th 2012

and Mirakh, just cause it's Sean Bean doesn't means it's Boromir, they are totally different characters. and if that was meant to be a lol looks like lotr comment, then no, just no.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Edd Stark > Boromir x1000 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    So that trailer told me nothing? What is this about? Kinda looks boring imo.
    I assume you haven't read, nor maybe are even aware of the books.

Trust me. The less you know going in, the better. This is one story you don't want spoiled.

Deleted
    Does the series only cover the first book or will it be the whole A Song of Fire and Ice series? Knowing HBO there will be 12 or so episodes per season and the first book would only cover 2-3 seasons. Thats not very long. What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea.

If they go the "True Blood" route, each book will be one season.

Ehhh....

While the books are the best i have ever, or will ever read, this series looks weak at best. Not only am i completely sceptical of any TV or film remake of any book, i was willing to give this one a shot since the author himself, who was involved in similar things before writing his books, is deeply involved in the making of the series.

Looks pretty weak. Most of the casting choices seem a bit off. Just in that trailer, i see myself taking Robert Baratheon way too seriously - your not meant to. Jon Snow does not look like Jon Snow, and many of the other choices seem off. I do like the casting for Littlefinger though. Also, while Tyrion doesn't look like i imagine him, i still think they made a good choice. Although to be fair, said choice was probably pretty small, due to the conspicuous lack of talented dwarven actors these days.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Ehhh....

Also, while Tyrion doesn't look like i imagine him, i still think they made a good choice. Although to be fair, said choice was probably pretty small, due to the conspicuous lack of talented dwarven actors these days.
    Peter Dinklage is a very good actor. Even if they had 100 to choose from, he'd likely get the part as he can "sell it." I have no problem with this casting.

I love Lena Heady. And I'm sure I'll like her in this. But I'm not sure she was right for Cersei. I could always be wrong.

Deleted
    :/ Looks like a boring low budget show or movie or whatever it is. Sorry to break your nerdgasms.

I don't think they did Cersei right either, although that could be just me - i'l wait and see.

And i guess its just me with the actor for Jon Snow. I just think he doesnt look quite right.

But i am 100% convinced they made an awful choice for Robert. We are not meant to take that dude seriously. Look at that actor, look at when he speaks. You take him seriously, or at least, you dont not take him seriously. With robert, we are meant to see he is a bit of a fat idiot, who would rather whore about then do his duties.

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Peter Dinklage is a very good actor.
    Im sure he is - i've never seen him before but he looks like he could pull it off well. I said i liked thier choice, but that doesn't change the fact that they probably didn't have that much choice.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye I don't think they got ANY of the ladies right Cersei and Caitlin starrk both look wrong to me, but tbh I'd rather someone who LOOKS wrong but ACTS right, than someone who LOOKS perfect, but can't act for shit *cough*Danial Radcliffe*cough* so while I'm a little sceptical, I'll wait till after I've seen a few episodes before I jump to any conclusions.
    Tyrion is a PERFECT example of this, he's supposed to be a gnarled twisted little dwarf, he's not in this though, he's Peter Dinklage... do I care? NOT A JOT, because I know Peter Dinklage is a fantastic actor (And no, I don't mean fantastic for a dorf, I mean actual fantastic) so I know he will do one of my favourite charaters proud.
    AFAIK, it's going to be one book per series, this will probably change further down the line, as there's only 5 books at the moment :P so IF this series gets that far(which it should), there'll probably start to spread it out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    :/ Looks like a boring low budget show or movie or whatever it is. Sorry to break your nerdgasms.
    Low budget? Holy Hell, how can you say that? Did you not notice the locations or the scenery or the outfits or the swords or that freakin throne made of swords? They've spent a metric fuck-ton on it and it's plain as day to anyone with a clue.

Looks pretty weak.
    Bloody Hell. Are you people watching the same trailer that I am?

I don't think they did Cersei right either, although that could be just me - i'l wait and see.

And i guess its just me with the actor for Jon Snow. I just think he doesnt look quite right.

But i am 100% convinced they made an awful choice for Robert. We are not meant to take that dude seriously. Look at that actor, look at when he speaks. You take him seriously, or at least, you dont not take him seriously. With robert, we are meant to see he is a bit of a fat idiot, who would rather whore about then do his duties.

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 11:41 AM ----------

Im sure he is - i've never seen him before but he looks like he could pull it off well. I said i liked thier choice, but that doesn't change the fact that they probably didn't have that much choice.
    I actually took Robert seriously in the book. I mean, he IS a fat idiot, but he does love his country and he would rather be whoring than "counting coppers," but he still does his duty and he does it with his head high... he just wishes Ned took the job instead. The scenes in the trailer with Robert are his more serious moments, he had quite a few of those in the book (such as when having to deal with the Targaryens assassination). That's just my opinion on that.

A friend of mine is actually absolutely appalled that Tyrion isn't hideously disfigured... I don't mind Peter Dinklage as Tyrion, I think he can pull it off, but it'll just be hard to see him as a handsom dwarf and not a hideiously disfigured dwarf, which is what gave Tyrion A LOT of his charm. One of my favorite characters in the series, hands down.

Regardless of how characters are described in the books, I tend to give them my own description in my imagination, and that Jon Snow is almost there... Hopefully later on when he grows a pair beyond the Wall he'll seem a better choice.

Nevermind about Khal Drogo.. watched it a tenth time and he looks closer to how I imagined him... Jaime looks pretty damn close, too. I really hope this is good, I'm super excited.

Edit: BTW, Sean Bean as Ned? P.E.R.F.E.C.T.
    Last edited by Cantii; 2011-03-06 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I see, i'm glad you didn't take my comment as a negative remark. I never read the books but i will give this a try.
    I would still recommend reading the books...

A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows and soon A Dance With Dragons... I'm so giddy, only two more after ADWD.. GIDDY!

Series is called Song of Ice and Fire.

[TV] Game of Thrones

Just saw a trailer thing on TV last night about this becoming a show. Looks like it's going to be pretty damn amazing.
    Seeing the trailer actually made me want to go to the library and check out the books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series.

Deleted
    Do it. One of the best series I have ever read. It's an insanely athmospheric blend of political intrigue, historical storytelling, and fantasy elements.