10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    The books worth reading? pm me if they are
    YES THEY ARE!!!

This cannot be stated enough.

New trailer for season 2 aired tonight. Cannot wait.

Seems to load a little slow, just give it a sec

Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Jaime. Looks like he'll meet Grey Wind this season...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    So stoked about Game of Thrones season 2! With regards to Joffery i see the actor of him on my way into work every morning. He goes to Trinity College in Dublin so i often see him getting heckled by passers by for killing Sean Bean ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodox View Post
    So stoked about Game of Thrones season 2! With regards to Joffery i see the actor of him on my way into work every morning. He goes to Trinity College in Dublin so i often see him getting heckled by passers by for killing Sean Bean ^^
    hehe that is cool, is it the same dude as played in 5 days of war? They look a lot like one another.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    omfg awesome trailer omfg

also, saw a guy today called Jaime the Kingslayer..... Winning.

also Zaelsino, EPIC sig one of my favourite Jaime quotes.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Comet!

finally a big dire wolf!

Tyrion holding a glass of a very, um, useful substance.

The Hound kicking ass!

Arya too!

Sorry. Just had to geek out a bit there.

Odd they changed Osha's explanation of what omen the comet means. I quite liked her line of "Blood, and fire, boy, and nothing sweet." Which is accurate just the same I suppose. It was Old Nan who said "Dragons. It be dragons, boy."

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Odd they changed Osha's explanation of what omen the comet means. I quite liked her line of "Blood, and fire, boy, and nothing sweet." Which is accurate just the same I suppose. It was Old Nan who said "Dragons. It be dragons, boy."
    The actress that played Old Nan passed away not long after they finished filming season 1, so unfortunately she won't be returning to the show. She was a perfect Old Nan too
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    New trailer for season 2 aired tonight. Cannot wait.

Seems to load a little slow, just give it a sec

This is a perfect example of the importance of using music correctly. Here we see an impressively put together trailer for one of the greatest shows ever to grace television, but the incredibly out of place music takes the wind out of it's sails.

Compare this to the "Shadows" trailer released a little while ago. When Osha says "The comet means one thing boy; dragons." in this trailer you don't feel anything; yet when Varys simply says "Three great men..." the tension created is incredible.

Hell, an example using the same character having the music kill the mood is Daenerys. In this trailer she says "When my dragons are grown, we will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground!" to very little impact; whereas in "Shadows" her saying "I am Daenerys Stormborn, and I will take what is mine — with Fire and Blood." you understand exactly what is going through her mind.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    InB4 "WoW Killer."

http://venturebeat.com/2012/02/29/bi...ies-exclusive/

This is intriguing. But it'll be quite a while before we can get a feel for if it will work.

I'm certainly not going to scream "WoW Killer" but this game may actually compete with WoW for my attention.

Other games do not. Sometimes I feel like playing Star Wars, sometimes I feel like playing Skyrim and sometimes I feel like playing WoW. But to me, strange as it may seem, WoW and ASoIaF have the same "feeling".
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    myeh, these are the guys that made BSG online, another of my favourite shows ever, but the game was still (for me) almost unplayable, just couldn't get into it.

Then again that may just have been the scifi space combat way it was made. If this was a more WoW type game, which it will be, then it could become my F2P MMo of choice

tbh thought I'm more excited about this: http://www.cyanide-studio.com/games/got/

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Another new s2 trailer today. Not too much new footage, but just enough
    Much better music in this one as well, I'd say - less than 1 month to go!

Love the shot of Winterfell there at the end.

Last edited by jamlol; 2012-03-04 at 01:30 PM.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    sssssqqqqqqquuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

amazing trailer! I actually have goosebumps Arya's line at the end is epic, she's such a good actress god this season is going to pwn

anyone know what the name of that song was btw? it's really rather epic

10+ Year Old Account
    "I will hurt you for this. The day will come when your joy will turn into ashes, and you'll know the debt is paid."

Not quite the line from the book, but frelling awesome just the same! And that smug, amused half-smile on Cersei... Lena's starting to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmmmm

Less than a month until season 3 and 4 are green lit. (my guess)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who hates Sansa?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    Nope. If they'd have kept her lines in season 1 from the book, everyone would hate her even more.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    No. But if you haven't read the books, that won't last. I pity her more than anything.

She's a naive, spoiled, vapid teenage girl who's in the middle of her quite rude awakening. I'm waiting for her third act. I have a feeling she may become a fan favorite when it comes.

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    anyone know what the name of that song was btw? it's really rather epic
    7 Devils. Florence and the Machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBcXe2B97TQ

10+ Year Old Account
    He delivered that Tyrion line perfectly. They seriously need to cut down on this "power is a curious thing..." thing, though. We got it the first time.

Cersei looks devilishly gorgeous in her last shot. We need more of that!
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-03-04 at 01:02 PM.