Found this in a non-spoiler thread:

One gripe about this season is that it needs more of THE KING INNA NORTH
    They have to be saving him for something... I'm expecting a very Robb heavy episode before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post

I don't get it. But we did get some Robb not too long ago, didn't we? With the funeral stuff. Not a lot, but there was definitely some Robb!

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

I've read the books and always love to watch the show to see how each of them contrast. I've literally just finished the latest episode and even though I know what happens, I couldn't help but constantly repeat that last scene with Daenerys when she starts her speech to the Unsullied in High Valyrian. As soon as that backdrop music kicked in, goosebumps instantly. One minor nitpick about the episode, sad about not seeing Sam slay the whitewalker and become "Sam the Slayer", also, if I remember correctly, wasn't it one of Craster's daughters/wives that eagered Sam into taking Tilly and the baby after everything kicked off, not Sam voluntarily doing it?

Didn't think Emilia Clarke could get hotter, dayyum!

Minor episode 4 quibble, but it's a pity they didn't keep Mormont's last words in. They really added to the tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Minor episode 4 quibble, but it's a pity they didn't keep Mormont's last words in. They really added to the tragedy.
    Yes!! It was something that really didn't need to be left out. I don't mind most of the changes, it's the small ones like that that bug me.

Also, Emilia Clarke's high school drama club acting takes so much away from Dany in the show for me...

there isn't much to take away from....

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    Also, Emilia Clarke's high school drama club acting takes so much away from Dany in the show for me...
    And here I thought I was the only one who thought that. She's pretty, though!
    Do you play SimCity 5? Come join us on the MMO Champion Regions!
    My Origin friends list is full but hit me up by PM if you want to build a city with me.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    And here I thought I was the only one who thought that. She's pretty, though!
    You can get away with whatever you want if you are pretty.

But that's how Dany is kind of like that in the books, she's kind of naive, and she's very young, with moments of being badass. Her High Valyrian is VERY badass.

It's not how they decided to write her in the show that's bad, or her lines, or her as a character, it's her acting. She just started Broadway this year and they slammed her for her acting and her over-enunciation and fakeness, the same thing people called her out on in GoT.

I don't overly love Danys story, but god she makes me hate any screen time she has because she's just so bad, especially compared to a lot of the really great actors they have.

My boyfriend hasn't read the books, the 1st episode she wasn't in his first comment at the end was 'that was the best khaleesi episode yet'.

It's not how they decided to write her in the show that's bad, or her lines, or her as a character, it's her acting. She just started Broadway this year and they slammed her for her acting and her over-enunciation and fakeness, the same thing people called her out on in GoT.
    Honestly I never noticed this "fakeness" you speak of, and if she "over-enunciates" that's because she's about as high-born as they come (her character I mean).

I don't overly love Danys story, but god she makes me hate any screen time she has because she's just so bad, especially compared to a lot of the really great actors they have.

My boyfriend hasn't read the books, the 1st episode she wasn't in his first comment at the end was 'that was the best khaleesi episode yet'.
    Yeah, Emilia's always been hit and miss for me. I think she nailed Dany better as the lost little girl being bullied around by Viserys (god I miss him; Harry Lloyd was so good); I don't think she's found her feet with this young conqueror act. Couple it with the stiff, altogether unconvincing ham she tends to dish out ("I WILL TAKE WHAT IS MINE! WITH FIRE! AND BLOOD!") and... yeeaahh.

Then again, I felt more or less the same about Book!Dany. It was just easier to appreciate her misgivings since she was so much younger (wasn't she like 14 in GoT?) than Show!Dany.

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    As with the books, the draw for the show is in its dialogue and realistic fantasy world (for example, the constant mentions of money and finding ways to fund things). The series is a lot more user-friendly than the books, where 100 or so pages can be devoted to events occurring in less than a day.
    I was just talking about this with my sister. She hasn't read the books, and i was trying to explain how you get so much more depth in the books. for example, when Davos is found by Salladhor Saan early in the season, you see him in pretty bad shape, then he gets rescued, talks to sal, then tries to kill the melisandre. Where as, in the book, he is having a pretty seriously existential crisis after losing 4 of his sons. A scene which takes maybe a minute or 2 in the show, is an entire chapter in the book.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 06:20 PM ----------

She is but a young girl, and knows little in the ways of acting.

Quote Originally Posted by QQingshaman View Post

The actress behind Arya is but a child and makes 100% better job :P
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The actress behind Arya is but a child and makes 100% better job :P
    Twas a joke for people who have ready the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    The ending of ep3.
    What
    the
    fuck?
    That was just a "rock version" of a song sung earlier in the episode.. the lyrics were in the scene in which the.. Brotherhood without Banners (I think it was) went riding through the forest/down a hill.

#InvitedToWarlordsOfDraenorBeta

Quote Originally Posted by QQingshaman View Post
    Emilia Clarke was recruited for GoT straight out of drama school. The other "professional" actors all have years of experience in film and stage acting.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    This season can be slow as it wants to be...because

it's
    all
    leading
    up

to
    something

RED
    Something old, something new, something borrowed, something RED

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post

A Robb heavy episode? Well, Robb-fans don't need to worry, he's got a pretty big scene coming up.

Okay I'm laughing in mirth and grief because people are claiming this season needs more Robb Stark. This season will get more Robb Stark alright. . . . oh fuck you Martin.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-04-24 at 12:48 PM.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

I haven't noticed anything with her acting, you guys just seem picky.

Mama stark seems way worse as an actress to me, she just seems so fake with everything she says I don't think she gives one single fuck about her kids.

I also totally believe Dany when she screams something like, "MAH DARGONS!"

Like this
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2013-04-24 at 03:35 PM.

The nickname 'Veruca Stormbrat' comes to mind.
    Higgledy-piggledy Lord Wyman Manderly
    Sups with his foes, leaving Nary a crumb.

Wolvering wolverenes Incontrovertibly
    Tell all who hearken that Winter is come.