10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    The ending of ep3.
    What
    the
    fuck?
    That was just a "rock version" of a song sung earlier in the episode.. the lyrics were in the scene in which the.. Brotherhood without Banners (I think it was) went riding through the forest/down a hill.

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by QQingshaman View Post
    She is but a young girl, and knows little in the ways of acting.
    Emilia Clarke was recruited for GoT straight out of drama school. The other "professional" actors all have years of experience in film and stage acting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    This season can be slow as it wants to be...because

it's
    all
    leading
    up

to
    something

RED
    Something old, something new, something borrowed, something RED

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Found this in a non-spoiler thread:

A Robb heavy episode? Well, Robb-fans don't need to worry, he's got a pretty big scene coming up.

Okay I'm laughing in mirth and grief because people are claiming this season needs more Robb Stark. This season will get more Robb Stark alright. . . . oh fuck you Martin.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2013-04-24 at 12:48 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

I haven't noticed anything with her acting, you guys just seem picky.

Mama stark seems way worse as an actress to me, she just seems so fake with everything she says I don't think she gives one single fuck about her kids.

I also totally believe Dany when she screams something like, "MAH DARGONS!"

Like this
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2013-04-24 at 03:35 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The nickname 'Veruca Stormbrat' comes to mind.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    Also, Emilia Clarke's high school drama club acting takes so much away from Dany in the show for me...
    She's definitely not the best actor in the show (unless we're talking about eye-candy). But I have never thought she was that bad, either....not always convincing at times, but IMO she has one of the harder roles to pull off, seeing as she goes from innocent little girl to badass dragon lady in a relatively short amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    She's definitely not the best actor in the show (unless we're talking about eye-candy). But I have never thought she was that bad, either....not always convincing at times, but IMO she has one of the harder roles to pull off, seeing as she goes from innocent little girl to badass dragon lady in a relatively short amount of time.
    This is the main reason I think why I don't see her as a bad actor, Daenerys Targaryen is definetly a complex character and given the time Emilia has had to go from innocent to the position she is in now, I could see it being difficult for an actor. Plus if the actress is hot then that's a huge bonus Like someone stated earlier in the thread, if your pretty you can pull off anything, or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we watching the same show?

She's cringeworthy in almost all her her big scenes, it's depressing. Poor acting normally doesn't distract or bother me too much, especially if their part is hard to play, but her B-movie acting while she's surrounded by other great actors, solid cgi, and well done/expensive filming sticks out so much to me I can barely watch what's going on in her scene. She's gotten better this season at least.

Spoilers if you haven't fully watched s1 and 2.
    http://the-khaleesi-sucks-at-acting....acting-moments
    http://the-khaleesi-sucks-at-acting....haleesi-scenes

And agree on Cat. She seems to have a hard time with crying/acting really upset. She does well in her other scenes.

She's cringeworthy in almost all her her big scenes, it's depressing. Poor acting normally doesn't distract or bother me too much, especially if their part is hard to play, but her B-movie acting while she's surrounded by other great actors, solid cgi, and well done/expensive filming sticks out so much to me I can barely watch what's going on in her scene. She's gotten better this season at least.

And agree on Cat. She seems to have a hard time with crying/acting really upset. She does well in her other scenes.
    Her acting has never seemed bad to me.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

To be fair, the material Dany had to work with in s2 was pretty weak overall. I think these been much better in these last few episodes, now that she's getting to kick some ass.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Deleted
    Thank god I'm a watcher that's easy to please... I can't and don't find anything wrong with her acting, actually I like her character Once again I'm thankfull that I'm easy to please when watching series/movies.

I don't mind Clarke's acting. But I'm not really enamored with Dany's story beyond the Shallow Sea, tbh. Maybe when she steps foot on Westeros, I'll pay some attention.

And yeah, for those who are worried about Robb's screen time, I'm pretty sure the biggest episode of this season will be centered around Robb. Winter is Coming, friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't mind Clarke's acting. But I'm not really enamored with Dany's story beyond the Shallow Sea, tbh. Maybe when she steps foot on Westeros, I'll pay some attention.
    TBF, Dany starts to bore me after ASoS. I think she's getting better at the end of ADwD but we'll see.

And yeah, for those who are worried about Robb's screen time, I'm pretty sure the biggest episode of this season will be centered around Robb. Winter is Coming, friends.
    As are the rains.
    Putin khuliyo

Well, some of the things in those links are no fault of her own....if she has to say something stupid it's going to be stupid no matter how it's said, and it's not up to her what her lines are. Also, the character is like 14 in the books at this point (though I suppose the movie version one is older, I know the actress is 26ish but I'm not sure how old the TV character is supposed to be). Anyways, a teenaged girl that isn't whiny and doesn't say stupid stuff from time to time when she doesn't get her way does not deem a very realistic character unless we live on different planets. I guess the only thing I really noticed is that she is not very animated unless she is po'd, hence why I said she's not always convincing in my previous post. I don't know, I've never been bothered by her scenes just because of her acting ability....I also find her easy to look at so perhaps that helps. Also, I'm so bad at acting I probably couldn't even play the role of a dead body, so I tend not to be very judgmental with one's acting ability.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-04-25 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    TBF, Dany starts to bore me after ASoS. I think she's getting better at the end of ADwD but we'll see.
    Agreed, book wise her best moments are now behind her, but I'm going to assume they will do more with her character on the show. I doubt they will outright change anything big, but hopefully tweak some things to make her more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Well, some of the things in those links are no fault of her own...
    None of those examples were about the lines, it was about how they were delivered and her facial expressions.

Jon looks like a Viking God and I'd do amazingly dirty things to him, but I can still accept he's not an amazing actor. Him in Silent Hill.....made me so sad. =(

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be totaly honest. In the first link of "Bad" you showed. On the #2 position. I found the eyes one of the best parts of that whole scene. Found it extremly telling of her emotions at the situation.

Deleted
    Jon looks like a Viking God and I'd do amazingly dirty things to him, but I can still accept he's not an amazing actor. Him in Silent Hill.....made me so sad. =(
    Hm. Frizzy hair, soft jaw, puppy dog eyes, laughable excuse for a beard...

Nope. Can't see it.

And I agree. Many actors in this show are terrible.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2013-04-25 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia

While I don't think her acting is particularly good, I'd blame those kind of moments on the character itself, not the actor. She's kind of supposed to be emotional and pathetic in that sort of way.

Edit: I also think her facial expressions fit what she's saying.

Okay, let's get real here ... we don't watch GoT for the acting. We watch it for the complex fantasy story that seems intent on grounding itself in reality, and the diverse characters that suffer and prosper fairly equally in various ways. If we wanted acting, we'd all re-watch The Sopranos or The Wire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    Okay, let's get real here ... we don't watch GoT for the acting. We watch it for the complex fantasy story that seems intent on grounding itself in reality, and the diverse characters that suffer and prosper fairly equally in various ways. If we wanted acting, we'd all re-watch The Sopranos or The Wire.
    Well that's good, because everyone with the exception of Sean Bean and Mark Addy isn't really that good. And Sean Bean felt like he was sleep walking through the role to me. Donald Sumpter (FORGET GLORY. GET UP AND KILL THIS BEAST!!) was also good, but I felt he was underutilized.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2013-04-25 at 03:10 PM.