Stick him in a AAA title like Game of Thrones, then give him a MEATY fucking roll like Ramsay..... oh yeah... this is going to be LEGENDARY.
    And yes, we will unfortunately have to "wait for it"
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

So I finally finished watching Season 2 last night.

Man, after such an epic, amazing second last episode, the finale was a booooooooorefest!

Still, really looking forward to S3 next year.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

This is a really good show i regular watch this show this is my favorite tv show. I regular watch this show. First time I watch this show because my friend tell me watch this show is better from another show..

Can anyone tell me roughly what page number the scene between king Robert and Cersi is, the scene from the show where they talk about lyanna stark and Cersi ends the scene with the amazing, "it doesn't make me feel anything" line.

Realise now why I couldn't remember this part, it's not in the book is it -.-
    Last edited by Jeleh; 2012-10-04 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Can anyone tell me roughly what page number the scene between king Robert and Cersi is, the scene from the show where they talk about lyanna stark and Cersi ends the scene with the amazing, "it doesn't make me feel anything" line.

Realise now why I couldn't remember this part, it's not in the book is it -.-
    No. It isn't. But that doesn't bother me because it serves as exposition to non-readers, and is consistent with the characters.

There will be quite a few similar scenes, because it's lot harder to be subtle in TV show than in a book, you simply need exposition dialogue sometimes. Verbal sparring between Varys and Littlefinger is my favorite scene, and it would be impossible in a book, because there's no 3rd character to serve as POV, and they both know too much to have their own chapters.

In the end, Martin himself oversees every script, and if he has no objections, who are we to complain about differing from the books?

Only 134 days left to s3! Hopefully we get a first teaser/trailer in a few weeks here, around the Boardwalk Empire finale. I cannot wait to see how they handle this season - the 3rd book has so many awesome scenes!

spoilers for the first 2 seasons:

Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 90 Priest, Jammbo: 90 Mage, Jambbo: 90 DK, Jammo: 90 Monk, Jamlol: 90 Shaman, etc.

I'm pumped for the 3rd season!

oh Game of Thrones, how I miss theee

can't WAIT to see Iwan Rheon as the Bastard of Bolton, gunna be epic , do we know yet how they're dividing up the book?

OT: Jam, you should have called your Monk Jammohung!
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Do we know yet how they're dividing up the book?
    Spoilers: The Red Wedding is going to be episode 9, following the pattern of having the big, dramatic event (Ned's death, Blackwater) in the 9th episode. I'm guessing Joffrey's wedding won't be until early s4 - it just seems like too much to cram into the finale; and the Red Viper has not been cast at all.

I'm hoping the final scene of the season is Cat getting resurrected by Thoros - people will need some kind of hopeful thing there after the RW.

As far as where other storylines end - it's anyones guess: Dany will likely purchase the Unsullied relatively early in the season, so maybe taking Mereen for the end of her story this season?

Jon's stuff will likely end with him making it back to Castle Black, and the wildlings first attack/Ygritte's death for early season 4. Having her die one episode after the RW seems like it might be a bit much, but who knows, maybe they will put the attack in ep 10.

I bet Arya boards the boat for Braavos in ep 10, after hearing about what happened at the RW.

Far as Kings Landing, I dunno - i bet they'll have to add a lot of stuff in there to keep everyone busy.

Really freakin excited for this show to come back!
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 90 Priest, Jammbo: 90 Mage, Jambbo: 90 DK, Jammo: 90 Monk, Jamlol: 90 Shaman, etc.

aaah spoiler text, how I've missed thee

So is the Red Wedding confirmed for episode 9 then? Or is that just wishful thinking? I think pushing Joffrey's wedding back is a good idea, S3 seems packed enough without it.

I think I might have to have a Game of Thrones party for episode 9 just so i can see everyones reaction when the Red Wedding drops. Lol they're going to have a shitfit

Isn't it a bit early for cat's comeback? I thought that would be more like the ending of Season 4, isn't it right at the end of the book? If they want a 'yay happy ending' they can use Arya still being alive (episode 9 can finish with her getting 'killed' by the hound) to do that.

Knowing how they're handling Dany I wouldn't be surprised if her storyline was her gettin pregnant with Barristan's kid and sailing back to Westeros with an army of Dragons.... fuck Dany...

Aye, I think they'll want a 'climactic' ending for S3, I think Jon coming back over the wall will suit that nicely

Yar, as much as I REALLY hope they don't I'm guessing they're going to either totally remove, or at least DRASTICALLY cut down Arya and the hounds adventures, and have him take her right from the wedding to the docks and then from there to Braavos, so she can spend the next season training to become a badass <3 Arya <3

Myeh.. Kings Landing can rot, just have a couple of scenes every ep of Tyrion being awesome and I'm fine.

Also can't WAIT for Jaime and Brienne's journey going to be great to see Jaime becoming nice, I'm bored of having to hold my tongue when my friends badmouth him

btw has there been any more casting? Last I heard we knew Ramsey, the Reeds and some of the 'brave companions' but there were still a few missing names

GGAAHH can't wwaaiitttt!
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Is he STILL writing the next book? :/
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is he STILL writing the next book? :/
    The last one only came out last year. That one took him 10 years to write.
    Torethirnyi the Astral Walker - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - Temporarily out of Retirement

Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

Iwan Rheon as the Bastard of Bolton will be brilliant! superb choice

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Iwan Rheon as the Bastard of Bolton will be brilliant! superb choice
    Aye, I raged when he left Misfits, but when I found out he left to be in GoT I did a happy dance, can't wait to see what he can do when he has proper writing/direction

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    The last one only came out last year. That one took him 10 years to write.
    Naw, it took six years, and the one before five.

Also the goal for the next book is 2014. He's missed goals by years before though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    Naw, it took six years, and the one before five.

Also the goal for the next book is 2014. He's missed goals by years before though.
    Aye, IIRC the goal for DwD was ~2009 , as far as I know he's NEVER met a deadline, but when you write books as epic as aSoIaF, you can take however fucking long you like.

I just hope he doesn't speed up JUST so he can stay ahead of the TV show.. I'd rather they just stopped the show for a while than he produce lesser books just to keep HBO happy.

I can't wait for next season.

Feel sorry for the guy that plays Joffrey though, lol. I mean, I hate him, don't get me wrong, but he said that once his character is done then he isn't going to be acting anymore because of the amount of hate he is getting apparently lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I can't wait for next season.

Feel sorry for the guy that plays Joffrey though, lol. I mean, I hate him, don't get me wrong, but he said that once his character is done then he isn't going to be acting anymore because of the amount of hate he is getting apparently lol.
    That's pretty sad! He's a very good actor if he can get that many people to hate him. That's dumb that he's personally getting the hate though.