Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I can't wait for next season.

Feel sorry for the guy that plays Joffrey though, lol. I mean, I hate him, don't get me wrong, but he said that once his character is done then he isn't going to be acting anymore because of the amount of hate he is getting apparently lol.
    Aw, well that's just dumb. He's a great actor! People need to stop being assholes. I hate Joffrey, but I can admit he's a great character because he inspires so much hate, but I don't hate the actor who plays him. Anyone who hates the actor is being an asshole.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Nah. Character death is somewhat less common than people tend to consider it in this series (imo), but when it does happen, it tends to be... impacting. Surprising.
    I think we think its so common because its so shocking to people who are new to the series. I for one didn't expect half the deaths to occur, at least, not early on in the series when I was new to Martin's writing style. I would never in my wildest dreams have predicted Ned, Robb or Catelyn's deaths when I started reading A Game of Thrones. I'm still use to the typical paradigm of "the good guy prevails in the end."

Of course, now I'm so jaded, I wouldn't be surprised if even Daenerys or Tyrion got wtfmurdered in the next book.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-11-30 at 04:03 AM.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Of course, now I'm so jaded, I wouldn't be surprised if even Daenerys or Tyrion got wtfmurdered in the next book.
    Tyrion? TYRION?

BLASPHEMER!

Nah, GRRM will keep Tyrion alive until like halfway through the last book. But he'll definitely die just for shock value.
    Torethirnyi, Blackwing's Bane - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - (H) 9/13 25-man - Retired from WoW in 4.1
    Champion Torethyr Sarin - Cyborg Vengeance Juggernaut - <Conviction> of Prophecy of the Five - 10/10 Nightmare Mode - Retired

Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

I dunno, I still reckon he's going to be either on the throne, or the advisor to whoever IS on the throne by the end , he'll also be the only surviving Lannister... because... well... fuck those guys
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

Don't get too jelly, gonna start watching this from the start this weekend. I've heard nothing but good things about it

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Nah, GRRM will keep Tyrion alive until like halfway through the last book. But he'll definitely die just for shock value.
    Nah. He won't. Tyrion is the only one with a moral compass of any kind. If he does die it'll be at the very very end.

Read a newly published interview today about the siege of Blackwater with some interesting tidbits. There will be another blackwater-esque fight at the end of Season 4, even bigger and more expensive. This is probably The attack at castle black and another thing that I find quite huge. Was a little between the lines, but GRR martin told he had finished half of book 6 so far thus a release might be soon. (as in 2014)

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movi...e-oral-history

Dunno if anyone has seen this yet, but:

Short bit about the guy who animates the history/lore sections on the Blu Ray boxes. . .and one of the twenty-one new history/lore shorts!
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

Why is March so far away?!?

Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 90 Priest, Jammbo: 90 Mage, Jambbo: 90 DK, Jammo: 90 Monk, Jamlol: 90 Shaman, etc.

omg that video is eeppiicc

first thoughts.... Tyrion's scar looks pretty badass okay they've not removed his nose... but did we really expect them to? No, not really

Then we have to swap to black text, just to be safe
    Feel kinda bad hearing the actor that plays Robb talk about how much he loves working there... know this is more than likely his last season I know he's a friend but I kinda wish Kit Harrington was Robb, so he could fuck off now, and the guy playing Robb was Jon, so that he'd be around for a few more seasons.

Is that the rrreeeeeeeeeeds at 0:37? Looks like Jojen on the horse and Meera walking along, with Osha in the backround I LOVE the actress playing Meera, she was amazing in Being Human can't wait to see her in this.

at 0:50... was that... is that? FUCK YES! it's Beric Dondarion Vs The Hound can't WAIT for that fight, was one of my favourite in the books, also means that we'll get at least a bit of the Hound and Arya's journey, yay!

omg can't WWAAIITT
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Aye, IIRC the goal for DwD was ~2009 , as far as I know he's NEVER met a deadline, but when you write books as epic as aSoIaF, you can take however fucking long you like.

I just hope he doesn't speed up JUST so he can stay ahead of the TV show.. I'd rather they just stopped the show for a while than he produce lesser books just to keep HBO happy.
    I believe hes not in the best health so him finishing the books before he dies is of concern to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    I believe hes not in the best health so him finishing the books before he dies is of concern to me.

I read somewhere that he informed another author of his overall story just incase

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I read somewhere that he informed another author of his overall story just incase
    He told the GoT creators what the ending is (or at least some very conclusive details about it), but he's also gone on record saying that all of his notes will be burned if he dies before finishing.

He told the GoT creators what the ending is (or at least some very conclusive details about it), but he's also gone on record saying that all of his notes will be burned if he dies before finishing.
    Whaa -

Why?

o_O

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Whaa -

Why?

o_O
    Posthumous trolling. The most hardcore kind of trolling.

Fucking good. I would rather the series just ends in mystery (although god that would suck) rather than have his family release posthumous books based on notes or incomplete manuscripts. That is always the worst, just look at the crap Michael Chricton's family put out after his death based on the manuscripts and notes he left behind. His family released one book that was "finished" but hadn't had a final run through by the author ever to improve the novel and another book that was literally notes and about a third of a manuscript which is abysmal. Moral of the story is George finish the stuff before you die please.

Gotta say.... I would ALMOST respect that. Kind of a "If I can't do it EXACTLY how I want, then fuck y'all no ones finding out the ending"

of course I would still tear my fucking hair out.....

If he did that then he would be my most beloved and hated author of all time.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Fucking good. I would rather the series just ends in mystery (although god that would suck) rather than have his family release posthumous books based on notes or incomplete manuscripts. That is always the worst, just look at the crap Michael Chricton's family put out after his death based on the manuscripts and notes he left behind. His family released one book that was "finished" but hadn't had a final run through by the author ever to improve the novel and another book that was literally notes and about a third of a manuscript which is abysmal. Moral of the story is George finish the stuff before you die please.
    The Wheel of Time series had a worthy continuation after Robert Jordan's death. GRRM just needs to get close and talk to another author that he thinks would be good enough to carry the ASOIAF torch.
    Torethirnyi, Blackwing's Bane - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - (H) 9/13 25-man - Retired from WoW in 4.1
    Champion Torethyr Sarin - Cyborg Vengeance Juggernaut - <Conviction> of Prophecy of the Five - 10/10 Nightmare Mode - Retired

Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

I wonder how many of the actors have read the books to find out the destiny of their characters.