Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I read somewhere that he informed another author of his overall story just incase
    He told the GoT creators what the ending is (or at least some very conclusive details about it), but he's also gone on record saying that all of his notes will be burned if he dies before finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    He told the GoT creators what the ending is (or at least some very conclusive details about it), but he's also gone on record saying that all of his notes will be burned if he dies before finishing.
    Whaa -

Why?

o_O

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Whaa -

Why?

o_O
    Posthumous trolling. The most hardcore kind of trolling.

Fucking good. I would rather the series just ends in mystery (although god that would suck) rather than have his family release posthumous books based on notes or incomplete manuscripts. That is always the worst, just look at the crap Michael Chricton's family put out after his death based on the manuscripts and notes he left behind. His family released one book that was "finished" but hadn't had a final run through by the author ever to improve the novel and another book that was literally notes and about a third of a manuscript which is abysmal. Moral of the story is George finish the stuff before you die please.

Gotta say.... I would ALMOST respect that. Kind of a "If I can't do it EXACTLY how I want, then fuck y'all no ones finding out the ending"

of course I would still tear my fucking hair out.....
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

If he did that then he would be my most beloved and hated author of all time.
    You fucking what mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    I reported you, btw. Your signature offends me. Hopefully you're forced to change it and get an infraction. I'm going to follow your posting habits and given enough time I'm sure I can report you to the point of a ban. We'll see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Fucking good. I would rather the series just ends in mystery (although god that would suck) rather than have his family release posthumous books based on notes or incomplete manuscripts. That is always the worst, just look at the crap Michael Chricton's family put out after his death based on the manuscripts and notes he left behind. His family released one book that was "finished" but hadn't had a final run through by the author ever to improve the novel and another book that was literally notes and about a third of a manuscript which is abysmal. Moral of the story is George finish the stuff before you die please.
    The Wheel of Time series had a worthy continuation after Robert Jordan's death. GRRM just needs to get close and talk to another author that he thinks would be good enough to carry the ASOIAF torch.
    Torethirnyi the Astral Walker - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - Temporarily out of Retirement

Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

I wonder how many of the actors have read the books to find out the destiny of their characters.

Game of Thrones received zero nominations for Golden Globes. Zero. The year after wining best supporting actor and being nominated for best drama, it doesn't even merit a single nomination. What the hell?

Fucking Newsroom got nominated over Game of Thrones. But then again Mad Men didn't get nominated either, outside of Hamm for Best Actor (wtf no nom for Pare?). So who knows. I can understand Breaking Bad and Homeland. I can see Downton getting a nom. But to add Newsroom and Boardwalk Empire over GoT and Mad Men is just retarded.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-13 at 10:49 PM.

Myeh I gave up on award ceremonies when Sherlock was beaten to 'best show' by the Only Way is Essex.

Since then nothing has surprised me.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Season 3 is comin up quick!

Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 90 Priest, Jammbo: 90 Mage, Jambbo: 90 DK, Jammo: 90 Monk, Jamlol: 90 Shaman, etc.

ffuucckk yyeeeaaaahhh

March 31st CANNOT come soon enough.....

Season 2 wasn't that brilliant in my opinion. The assault on King's Landing was really disappointing.

Oh well. Season 3 will be the best season and anyone who has read the books will know why.

April seems like a really nice day for a wedding. Maybe a river theme, with the colors being maybe red? Red and something else, idk maybe silver or something.

Time to get hyped!

Hells yes. Worth the wait
    -
    Jamboro: 90 Priest, Jammbo: 90 Mage, Jambbo: 90 DK, Jammo: 90 Monk, Jamlol: 90 Shaman, etc.

March 31!

March thirty fucking first! That's rreeaallllllyyy soon shit I doubt I'll even have time to finish watching the extras on the Bluray (comes out March 4th)

Gods I can't wait, that trailer looks aaawwweeeessssoooooommmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee, so many of the bits I'm REALLY looking forward to Hound Vs Beric, Jaime Vs the Brave Companions (as bad as this bit is for him, it'll make the general populace love him) Dany getting her army (really the last cool thing she does it's all down hill from here ) and soooo many more.

Oh yeah, so much good stuff there:

That had to be a hooded Reek on the rack there
    Rast covered in blood: will likely be the instigator of Crastor's keep
    climbing the wall looked freakin epic
    everything with Jaime and Brienne

The blu-rays don't come out til March for yall? That's shitty
    Picked up my Lannister cover set from Best Buy earlier this week, some great stuff. The making of the Blackwater thing is especially good.
    Last edited by jamlol; 2013-02-23 at 04:43 PM.
    -

cant wait!! Loved the books ~

Awesome. Joff's cliché evil overlord line kind of killed the moment though.