Like many of the middle episodes, not a lot happened, but a lot was set up. Its a necessity, so while I can't say it was a fantastic episode, it was good for what it had to do.

I'm a big surprised they went from "Dany outside the gates" to "the city has fallen" with just the one scene of Grey Worm sneaking into the city. Since they didn't have Selmy be disguised, it made sense they instead chose him. I haven't read a Storm of Swords in a while, but I don't remember if it happens that fast.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2014-04-28 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was a good episode with decent character development. Jon turning into more of a leader to oppose Alliser and Janos, Sansa starting to wise up a bit, Jaime and Brienne, all good scenes.

So, it's all Kraster's fault!
    Last edited by Naxere; 2014-04-28 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I thought it was a good episode with decent character development. Jon turning into more a leader to oppose Alliser and Janos, Sansa starting to wise up a bit, Jaime and Brienne, all good scenes.

So, it's all Kraster's fault!
    I agree, wasn't an action packed episode, but one more for development and a lesson on how to do it for the Walking Dead. I like how it's all being set up and these events are gradually progressing rather than being filler nonsense.
    Bastards better not kill Hodor >:-|

kinda boring episode but still loads better than the walking dead. i'll take it. The mother was clearly hinting she had a hand in joffreys death. i think her daughter picked up on it at the end. Bran getting captured, kinda sad. I mean his whole party has some archery skills, yet they get surrounded like nothing. and poor Hodor. Im glad to see Brienne leaving kings landing without getting killed. I figured someone would blame her for Jaime losing his hand but i guess not.

less exciting than the first 2 episodes. but still a great show to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the episode. It's setting up a lot for later episodes and I hope we get there soon. I wanna see Jon Snow kick some mutineers' ass! They attacked Hodor I can't accept that. Maybe 2 Starks finally meet up again for the first time. Seems like they always miss themselves by a second.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lady Stoneheart better make an appearance before the last episode of the season Would hate to wait another year to see her spread some vengeance.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I feel like I should start posting in this thread because I have no idea wtf is going on any more, jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    - Joffrey is a fucking cunt and there's no cure for that
    /smirk's knowingly =)

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I feel like I should start posting in this thread because I have no idea wtf is going on any more, jesus.
    with the departure from the books, yeah I think we are all on a level field now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    with the departure from the books, yeah I think we are all on a level field now
    Departure? I think this ending scene was definitely something G.r.r Martin wrote himself. It has this very 'lotr' feel but it still had a nice twist on it like most asoiaf books has (in my opinion). But indeed, we are all "unsullied" (those who haven't read the books) now as I've seen people call it.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Departure? I think this ending scene was definitely something G.r.r Martin wrote himself. It has this very 'lotr' feel but it still had a nice twist on it like most asoiaf books has (in my opinion). But indeed, we are all "unsullied" (those who haven't read the books) now as I've seen people call it.
    When that scene started I was like "well where are they going with this. No way they show us where the WW live." I've never been happier to be wrong.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

departure was really referring to Craster's

The White Walker scene, we really have no idea yet. That could very well be in the future two books.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    When that scene started I was like "well where are they going with this. No way they show us where the WW live." I've never been happier to be wrong.
    Yeah, I was like 'the fuck' when I noticed we were in the lands of always winter. It looked like Modor frozen over while the 'city' in the background looked alot like Minas Morgul but I think that was the plan even in G.r.r Martin's perspective.

And @Doozerjun, I am confident that this will be in the books having a council of 13 white walkers leading them (or well, I think it's a council) with the night's king as their leader. I even expect them to be some sort of Nazgûl for the white walkers.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the best scenes in GoT to be honest. I just loved it and as soon as the episode was over i was saying "adopt me, seriously take me!!"
    Also i feel that the white walkers are building an army with all the babies from crastor's keep because at the end of the episode the baby was changed, not killed. Then again this is just speculation and has me thinking a lot of what's going to happen soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    One of the best scenes in GoT to be honest. I just loved it and as soon as the episode was over i was saying "adopt me, seriously take me!!"
    Also i feel that the white walkers are building an army with all the babies from crastor's keep because at the end of the episode the baby was changed, not killed. Then again this is just speculation and has me thinking a lot of what's going to happen soon.
    Well what my current thought is is that white walkers are humans without souls, so what could've happened is that this Night's King guy took the soul from this baby and turned it into a white walker. Just as the night's king lost his soul when he had sex with the white walker queen and then turned into a white walker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    Also i feel that the white walkers are building an army with all the babies from crastor's keep because at the end of the episode the baby was changed, not killed.
    Yeah, I'm thinking perhaps this is the way White Walkers are actually created? The timing would be appropriate too, wouldn't it? A wicked man suddenly starts giving out human sacrifices to the Gods, and boom, White Walkers reappear...

Like Naxere pointed out above, this whole mess could be Craster's fault!

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    kinda boring episode but still loads better than the walking dead. i'll take it. [spoiler]The mother was clearly hinting she had a hand in joffreys death. i think her daughter picked up on it at the end.
    Wow, I hope you never want to become a cop. She basically straight out confessed ´I could never let you marry that monster´.. along with her other comments... go well beyond ´hinting´... she left no doubt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking perhaps this is the way White Walkers are actually created? The timing would be appropriate too, wouldn't it? A wicked man suddenly starts giving out human sacrifices to the Gods, and boom, White Walkers reappear...

Like Naxere pointed out above, this whole mess could be Craster's fault!
    I don't think it is only Craster that does it. Or maybe it is one way for them to get people(?), maybe they can also mate? Idk.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another fantastic episode with great plot movement and some terrific character scenes (best ever with Jamie and Brien (sp?). The series just keeps getting better and better. Seen Jon move up in command, not in rank but in action was another terrific scene.

On a side note, for those of you that are "bored" with how "slow" it's going, you probably ought to move on to something else. Good acting is it's own reward, especially with a story line as rich as this one is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    kinda boring episode but still loads better than the walking dead. i'll take it. The mother was clearly hinting she had a hand in joffreys death. i think her daughter picked up on it at the end. Bran getting captured, kinda sad. I mean his whole party has some archery skills, yet they get surrounded like nothing. and poor Hodor. Im glad to see Brienne leaving kings landing without getting killed. I figured someone would blame her for Jaime losing his hand but i guess not.

less exciting than the first 2 episodes. but still a great show to watch.
    You probably ought to just stop watching now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Well that episode was probably the most boring/least eventful so far. I guess the reveal of the true killer wouldve been exciting if I hadnt guessed it correctly from the start. I didnt know Little Fingers involvement initially but that was revealed last episode. Brans storyline sort of bores me, its hard to get any interest even now with them being taken captive, I know hes getting out of there alive. I did like the Jaime Tyrion scene a lot and the Bolton solider guy being at the wall was entertaining but otherwise, meh. Sort of waiting for the shit to hit the fan with Tyrions trial, Jons fight with the wildings/traitors, and perhaps Arya meeting up with Sansa at the Eerie (i think its called) since they are both headed there right now. Little Finger will be thanking his lucky coins if he can get his hands on both Stark girls
    Same with you.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Another fantastic episode with great plot movement and some terrific character scenes (best ever with Jamie and Brien (sp?). The series just keeps getting better and better. Seen Jon move up in command, not in rank but in action was another terrific scene.
    Liked the episode aswell, alot of great scenes. Liked the one with Jamie and Brienne, tho did he gave his sword or the one that Joffrey got to her? Also having Pod ride as her squire was a nice touch. Scenes setting up things to come with Jon gathering volunteers to go to Crasters, with Locke joining aswell, going to be fun seeing how that turns out. Dany answers injustice with justice. Littlefinger, still confuses me, new alliance with the Tyrells, going to The Eyrie, the fuck is his endgoal? ^^ And ending scene with The White Walkers. Overall great episode imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    On a side note, for those of you that are "bored" with how "slow" it's going, you probably ought to move on to something else. Good acting is it's own reward, especially with a story line as rich as this one is.
    Think some people have missed what a drama series is about. Want action? Your're watching the wrong show. Want a good story? Your're watching the correct show.
    I had friends who say its booring because nothing happends, same friends that liked (loved) shows like The Sopranos, True Detective, Boardwalk Empire, and it really is exactly the same. Lots of talking, with some action happening now and then.
    Last edited by Gaman; 2014-04-29 at 05:38 AM.