I think Tywin is just trying to justify Tyrion's death in his mind. He doesn't want to kill Tyrion....but he's looking for an excuse to not care if he dies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think Tywin is just trying to justify Tyrion's death in his mind. He doesn't want to kill Tyrion....but he's looking for an excuse to not care if he dies.
    My opinion is that Tywin is mostly concerned about the political connotations of the murder and the trial. I think in this whole story the key thing for Tywin isn't killing Tyrion, but showing the strongest possible image of house Lannister after Joffrey's murder which was a big blunder for them. By having Tyrion pronounced guilty for the murder he sends 3 messages to the rest of the world:
    1. He shows that they are capable of administering justice quickly and resolutely
    2. It wasn't someone else that killed a Lannister, because only a Lannister is powerful enough to do it.
    3. He shows he is such a tough guy that he is willing to condemn his son to death
    Sure, he finds Tyrion annoying and embarrassing, but his demise is IMO at best a bonus for Tywin in this situation and not the primary goal.

Tywin needs to stabilize the kingdom and show off his power.

He also hates Tyrion.

Do the math. Tyrion is the perfect scapegoat.

Also with Jamie in the Kingsguard and unable to inherit, Tyrion is the rightful Heir of Casterly Rock. Tywin doesn't want him to inherit it though so this is a perfect way to get Tyrion out of the way.

Am I the only one who thinks Tywin DOESNT want Tyrion dead? To me it seemed pretty clear with how quick he was willing to put Tyrion on the wall when Jamie gave him his proposition. The whole trial by combat deal was Tyrions way of saying fuck you dad, because Tywin does not want it to happen since he thinks Tyrion will die and Jamie will still be stuck in the Kingsguard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Tywin DOESNT want Tyrion dead? To me it seemed pretty clear with how quick he was willing to put Tyrion on the wall when Jamie gave him his proposition. The whole trial by combat deal was Tyrions way of saying fuck you dad, because Tywin does not want it to happen since he thinks Tyrion will die and Jamie will still be stuck in the Kingsguard
    That's more because he wants Jaime out of the Kingsguard, not to keep Tyrion alive.
    But I think Jeoffrey dead was one of the more pleasant thing to happen to Tywin: Tommen is much smarter and more submissive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    That's more because he wants Jaime out of the Kingsguard, not to keep Tyrion alive.
    But I think Jeoffrey dead was one of the more pleasant thing to happen to Tywin: Tommen is much smarter and more submissive.
    This, he does not want Tyrion dead, though he might not care if he killed him either, he really cares about his line and trying to get Jaime to continue it. It is more like he is using his situation to get what he wants. Normally Tywin would not have much control of Tyrion, but he does while he is captive(and also Jaime). That is until Tyrion asked a trial by combat....

Edit:

I just want to post this, just too funny.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-05-17 at 11:23 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    I am still waiting to hear the rest of Tyrion's "I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel..." story from Season 1.
    He squeezed out some honey on the forehead of the jackass and then made an offer to pay 50 gold pieces to anyone who kissed the jackass. Quickly a volunteer came forward and kissed the jackass on the forehead, and with a great smile, accepted the 50 gold. Tyrion then boldly announced that he had just won a bet with Tywin for a 100 gold pieces if he could get someone to kiss his sweet ass while smiling!

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched the last episode, the Rains of Castamere at the end wins on so many levels Brilliant.

Season 4 will include how many episodes? Can't wait for the next one tomorrow.

Its always 10 episodes per season.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    there not electricity wires. Thats the old gods flying across the sky

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well damn, another amazing episode as always. Show never disappoints me and i can't wait for the next episode. Sadly we have to wait 2 weeks just to watch it which is kind of lame. I mean you play the episode on Easter Sunday but not next Sunday? I know memorial day is a big holiday and i truly respect that. I thank those who died for me, however stopping the TV show on the Sunday before the actual holiday is kind of stupid to me. That's my only rant and i'm not attempting to derail the topic just stating that is a little bothersome when i really want to see the next episode. I'm dying to see it! It will be one of the best episodes this season in my opinion besides Tyrion's Trial which was fucking bloody brilliant.

That ending though, i knew something was going to happen. Every word coming out of Baelish's mouth was a lie and when he said he loved only one person, i knew he was going to say Catelyn....besides that, can't wait to see what is going to happen on the wall. Watching this battle will be amazing when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    You're saying they're telling GRRM what to write? Don't be ridiculous.
    I am not saying they are telling him to do anything. I am saying the success of the show and his collaborations with HBO will nudge him in certain direction. You really think the people from HBO are not putting thoughts into his head about what comes next in the books? it would be almost impossible for him to ignore them.

Rawlings said the same thing about the Harry Potter serious.. She said fan feedback to the early books played a lot into how she finished the series. She originally wanted to kill off a lot more of the earlier characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonb View Post
    Great episode but its one thing that I din't like/understand.

The scene with Theon's sister, Ramsay was releasing the dogs and in the next scene they all leave unharmed? Surely Ramsay don't seem like the type to just let them leave. Also Theon's sister seemed like she could put up a decent fight, and just knock out Theon and take him with her.
    You really have to think things through. But I think the bathtub scene with Theon should have told you that Ramsey had bigger plans than just killing the girl. he did not RELEASE THE HOUNDS because killing her would have ruined his bigger plan.

Anyone else say ´ Release the hounds´ in Jerry Seinfield voice?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone kept track of how many people the little Stark girl has killed already? I think it is 4, starting with the little fat kid the day of her father´s execution.

Also, and this isn´t a spoiler because I haven´t read the books.. but does anyone else find it funny, and maybe a bit foreshadowing that the kid who lives at the castle with the moondoor is named Robin? Will he be the next to fly? I really knew this was Littlefingers plan all along. He will end up with two castles if he marries Sensa, but he was counting on Tyrian being found guilty and killed.

Overall great episode, as is any episode with the Hound.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I am not saying they are telling him to do anything. I am saying the success of the show and his collaborations with HBO will nudge him in certain direction. You really think the people from HBO are not putting thoughts into his head about what comes next in the books? it would be almost impossible for him to ignore them.
    Think GRRM have said something like he sees the books and the TV series as two different stories. Cant remember what it was exactly, but it was in an interview I saw on youtube. (there are a fuckload so cba to try and find the one) Same interview (I think) he also said the books are his baby, and he does as he wants with them, and that the TV show is Weiss and Benioff's baby, and they do like they want with that (with certain limitation ofc).
    So yeah, I really doubt it will have any effect on his plans with the story and the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Also, and this isn´t a spoiler because I haven´t read the books.. but does anyone else find it funny, and maybe a bit foreshadowing that the kid who lives at the castle with the moondoor is named Robin? Will he be the next to fly? I really knew this was Littlefingers plan all along. He will end up with two castles if he marries Sensa, but he was counting on Tyrian being found guilty and killed.
    Book name is Robert, but changed to Robin in the show. But ye, seeing as his mother is currently flying, and he is the current Lord of the Vale, I guess he will fly soon aswell. Atleast he have to, if part of Petyr's plan is to become Lord of the Vale

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Hound is dead at the end of this season and Tyrion will live (at least I hope), that little shit is probably dead as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another great episode. The Tyrion - Oberyn scene was amazing. Just give Peter Dinklage his Emmy now.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    I need a slow motion clip of Lysa going out the moon door to R Kelly's "I believe I can fly."
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I need a slow motion clip of Lysa going out the moon door to R Kelly's "I believe I can fly."

Feel free to put your own background music haha.

Once I saw the Mountain was the champion I immediately thought, Oberyn would love the chance to defend Tyrion only to get his vengeance. I was not disappointed. Little finger shows hes just as cunning and meniacal as we thought, I cant wait to see what he tries next with a now army at his back (I assume he is in charge since he became officially married). The scene at the wall seemed rather pointless, though. And maybe its just the pervert in me but I was a little let down we didnt get to see Daenerys sex scene, shes been naked on the show already so its not like they couldnt have shown her. Felt off for Game of Thrones to skimp out on some sex and nudity.

I also wanted to point out that Jamie did not say he cant fight for Tyrion (which is what people here were saying) he only said that he wouldnt because he feared he would not win fighting with his left hand.