15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    See, I was thinking this when I replied to the same poster as well. Tommen is young and inexperienced, just as Daenerys is.

She was supposed to be 14(?) when she got pregnant with Drogo's son...how is she supposed to know how to lead unless she learns?
    Err yes, but I am specifically talking about Margaery coming into Tommen's rooms, like pretty boy Daary getting in Daenery's room.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Err yes, but I am specifically talking about Margaery coming into Tommen's rooms, like pretty boy Daary getting in Daenery's room.
    Ah yes...completely forgot about that scene. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how people like Jamie, the incest loving, child murdering, sister raping, oath breaker. I hope he dies a horrible death along with his sister by the end of the books.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I don't understand how people like Jamie, the incest loving, child murdering, sister raping, oath breaker. I hope he dies a horrible death along with his sister by the end of the books.
    The fact that he has shown progress? While many hasn't really have any had any real development.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Many fan favorites are still alive though :
    Tywin
    Tyrion
    Jaime
    Sansa (she is not a fan favorite for all though)
    The Hound
    Arya
    Thormund
    Ygritte (not a fan favorite of all though)
    Jon Snow

Just to name some.
    Uh... I've got bad non-spoilery news for ya (but I'll blank it out anyway, even if no name or gender is given) 1 should be dead already, 1(maybe 2) should be dead by the end of the season, and 1 should die (maybe dead, maybe undead, maybe immortal god thing) in ~2 years time (season 6? 7? Idunno).
    He's actually one of the few decent people in the whole series (of books, pathetically small amount of development witnessed in the show).
    He doesn't love incest, he hasn't murdered any child (broken legs don't count), never raped that hysterical witch (books canon, series irrelevant), and always put family and honor before any worthless oath. So chances are he's gonna die a horribly painful death by the end of the books, unlike his sister.
    Last edited by Ærion; 2014-06-04 at 01:45 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One good deed does not redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness ... Unless he's on television and people have really short attention spans. Sometimes when looking at Jaime now, it's hard to remember that he's the incest loving child murderer that he used to be. I find that I like TV Jaime more than novel Jaime, and it's probably because the actor that portrays him is just good at what he does.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    One good deed does not redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness ... Unless he's on television and people have really short attention spans. Sometimes when looking at Jaime now, it's hard to remember that he's the incest loving child murderer that he used to be. I find that I like TV Jaime more than novel Jaime, and it's probably because the actor that portrays him is just good at what he does.
    I don't think people "like" Jamie as in he would be a great guy to have a beer with. People like his character because he does have morals, and even though he has done some terrible things, he is no where near as bad as some of the other characters. If someone like him existed in our current society he would not be walking around.

The look on The Hound's face and Arya laughing at her aunts death nearly made me piss myself. I knew what was coming the second they walked up, but I had no idea how they would react and it was brilliant.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    God dammit this show makes me feel like such a noob. I didn't see Oberyn and I'm guessing Tyrion too being killed off (I honestly have no idea if he lives or dies after this, it's just my guess. 2 really good fleshed out characters being killed by some 2 dimensional brute you never see but only hear about? NAH never going to happen! Boy was I wrong.
    But thats the best thing about the mountain....He feels like a force of nature like a hurricane or earthquake. Throughout the series and the book you see, hear, and feel his impact through the riverlands and other character's testimony. Then you actually get to read/see him in action. And this is what he does.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I don't think people "like" Jamie as in he would be a great guy to have a beer with. People like his character because he does have morals, and even though he has done some terrible things, he is no where near as bad as some of the other characters. If someone like him existed in our current society he would not be walking around.

The look on The Hound's face and Arya laughing at her aunts death nearly made me piss myself. I knew what was coming the second they walked up, but I had no idea how they would react and it was brilliant.
    I like that he has done 'bad' things, he is not perfect but he is likable. Like when he killed the king, people give him hell for it, but when people talk about the mad king they say that they hated him....And him being love with his sister? Eh, Ill give him a pass. Him having to make tough choices like that, sometimes there is not right answer so you do the least bad one. Is he perfect? No, but I like him like that.

Look wise he reminded me of Malcolm Reynolds when he had that brown leather coat on.

I loved that, it surprised the hell out of me, even more so then everything else. Out of anything I did not expect that. I am starting to like Arya, she seems a little...sadistic.

Ozzy Man's review:
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-06-04 at 06:23 AM.

I am starting to like Arya, she seems a little...sadistic.
    Given what she has been through, Arya is surprisingly level-headed in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Given what she has been through, Arya is surprisingly level-headed in my opinion.
    Of course, she is one of the most level headed ones, for all of series she has been, while some others seemed to grown into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda hate knowing what's going to happen. Some jerk shouted it in trade chat. But Yes, Arya, when she started cackling was just priceless
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I kinda hate knowing what's going to happen. Some jerk shouted it in trade chat. But Yes, Arya, when she started cackling was just priceless
    I kinda spoiled it myself, after foreshadowing Varys and seeing if I was right and it that spoiled it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    ***Don't watch if you don't want to know the plot of the next episode***

0:11 MAMMOTHS?!

- - - Updated - - -

Also this:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Also this:

I absolutely love watching videos like this

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Snip
    Gawd I love Alliser Thorne, too little screentime, he have had some awsome dialogues, the one in season 1 "Come the winter, you will die, like flies", glad he is back now after beeing away for two seasons. Wonder why they cut his stuff for season 2 and 3, was he unavailable to film? Ive read the first few books, so I know he could have had screentime during those seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    Uh... I've got bad non-spoilery news for ya (but I'll blank it out anyway, even if no name or gender is given) 1 should be dead already, 1(maybe 2) should be dead by the end of the season, and 1 should die (maybe dead, maybe undead, maybe immortal god thing) in ~2 years time (season 6? 7? Idunno).

He's actually one of the few decent people in the whole series (of books, pathetically small amount of development witnessed in the show).
    He doesn't love incest, he hasn't murdered any child (broken legs don't count), never raped that hysterical witch (books canon, series irrelevant), and always put family and honor before any worthless oath. So chances are he's gonna die a horribly painful death by the end of the books, unlike his sister.

How in the hell is he decent? His incestual ways are one of the keys to setting off this entire story, everything he's done, from joining the king's guard to attempted murder of a child has been so he can fuck his sister some more, and when she finally says no, he rapes her in a church practically on top of their dead (born of incest) son... I think people's love for Tyrion and Jamie being like one of only three people who treat him with dignity cloud people's judgment, or maybe the actor has people fooled with his charisma.

One or two acts of decency (mainly to Tyrion and Bri) don't make up for a lifetime of being an awful scumbag. I hope his death is awful.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

How in the hell is he decent? His incestual ways are one of the keys to setting off this entire story, everything he's done, from joining the king's guard to attempted murder of a child has been so he can fuck his sister some more, and when she finally says no, he rapes her in a church practically on top of their dead (born of incest) son... I think people's love for Tyrion and Jamie being like one of only three people who treat him with dignity cloud people's judgment, or maybe the actor has people fooled with his charisma.

One or two acts of decency (mainly to Tyrion and Bri) don't make up for a lifetime of being an awful scumbag. I hope his death is awful.
    His ways set off the entire story? What? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, and you're delusional if you honestly believe a single person set the stage for the whole shitfest that is ASoIaF. And she wasn't bloody raped anywhere, that was a manipulative touch by the producers to make you feel sorry for her. Cersei started the whole incest bullshit because of her own moronic (read: emotional) reasons.

Whatever, read the effin books if you want real exposition, you'll be the better for it. But then, I don't think most series watchers want or know how to read... (yeah I went there)

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2014-06-05 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why book reader's come into this thread.. If you want to compare the TV show to the book then you have a thread for it.

This isn't it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    His ways set off the entire story? What? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, and you're delusional if you honestly believe a single person set the stage for the whole shitfest that is ASoIaF. And she wasn't bloody raped anywhere, that was a manipulative touch by the producers to make you feel sorry for her. Cersei started the whole incest bullshit because of her own moronic (read: emotional) reasons.

Whatever, read the effin books if you want real exposition, you'll be the better for it. But then, I don't think most series watchers want or know how to read... (yeah I went there)
    You misread what you quoted. He didn't say that Jaime's ways set off the entire story, he said that his incestuous ways were one of the keys to setting off the entire story. Which IS a fair point, a lot of the stuff early on the series is set off because of the relationship between Jaime and his sister which then triggers some very important events.

And for the record, I've read all of the novels, they're still on my Kindle actually, I recently re-read the latest one, and ... I kind of prefer the TV series to the novels, actually. Really though you have to keep in mind that the TV series and the novels are two separate entities and a lot of characters are portrayed differently. As a book purist you know more about the character than someone who has only watched the TV series, but there's no need to insult people who don't enjoy reading fantasy. They know all that they need to know about the series that they enjoy.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest