10+ Year Old Account
    Damn! That's more fucking like it.

Couldn't care less about the ending, we all knew it would happen and most people even knew HOW it would happen.

But WTF was up with Ramsey man? He's gone next level crazy, I LOVE it.

Glad that Balon actually got a scene, not just a letter explaining everything and then suddenly there's a big pirate meeting. Which I can't fucking wait for btw, it's going to be hype.

Actually excited for next week... Which is nice.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    This was one of the best GoT or even TV series overall episode i have ever seen.

I really dont get that these ppl have messed up the Dorne storyline up so mutch when they can put together episodes like these.

They're certainly adapting and condensing a whole bunch of stuff. It makes for good action in the moment, but once that momentary lapse of reason ends, I feel a bit confused by how these things happen.

Like, how the hell does The Mountain know to kill the guy who flashed Cersei during her walk of shame last year? Just because he was bragging about it?

Why is kinslaying such a common thing now, when it's been bandied about as one of the worst crimes in Westeros? Trystane killed by his cousins in one episode, Roose killed by his son in this episode, who also kills his half-brother.

IDK, feelsbadman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I thought about that, too. But being such a minor thing I just figured that the details were unimportant.

Eh, it's not the first time that we've seen "big taboos" broken. (Guest Right, for example) The actions themselves don't bother me so much. Crazy/Vengeful/Ambitious/etc people are gonna do what they do.

What does bother me is the total lack of reaction to those actions. The truth about them will certainly leak out, and if Ellaria and Ramsay both just cleanly slide into the power vacuums that they created - without any significant show of disgust or revolt from anyone - that'll really be annoying.
    Somehow, I do not trust that Karstark guy. It feels like Ramsey will go to war thinking he's got the North with him, only to have the rug pulled from under his feet...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    What a surprise! Jon's back!

Said no one ever.

Seriously though, I'm glad he's back, he's pretty much my favorite character, I think.

Didn't expect Ramsay to kill his father, I mean yeah he's a bastard (hah), but he had this unhealthy desire to be seen as worthy in his father's eyes. Oh well, no longer I guess.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-05-02 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Somehow, I do not trust that Karstark guy. It feels like Ramsey will go to war thinking he's got the North with him, only to have the rug pulled from under his feet...
    It's hard to know how they'll go with the Northern houses. We've seen so few of them since the Red Wedding, they could basically re-write who they are and what they're doing. If the previews are any indication, they're doing that with the Umbers, who were the most loyal of Robb's people. Hell, people only remembered Karstark because they literally put something from 3 seasons ago in the pre-roll.

Like, for example, in this episode, Yara says to Balon, "The Glovers have taken back Deepwood Motte." Who, who watches only the television show, know anything about the Glovers or Deepwood Motte, or whether they backed Robb or would be keen to back Ramsey?

There's a lot of exposition to do, and I don't think they're going to do it.

My problem with GoT currently is that everything is "solved" with murder. When a character of any significance was killed, it used to be something that had quite a lot of impact and the motivations of the people behind it were quite clear. Now it's like....got a problem? Just kill the person standing in your way... and you barely even care anymore.
    Why does anything else even matter, when killing happens all the time and that easily...

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like we'll be getting Tower of Joy next week, can't freaking WAIT!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Do you like shitty videos about Stannis?

-snip-

We have all these and more, my friend.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-05-25 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Like, how the hell does The Mountain know to kill the guy who flashed Cersei during her walk of shame last year? Just because he was bragging about it?
    Little birds hear everything, and those little birds in their scene were already being rewarded for something they did. Plus in that scene we find out the Mountain understands what people say all-to-well, he might have just randomly overheard this person boasting. My bet is on the little birds though.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I thought about that, too. But being such a minor thing I just figured that the details were unimportant.

Eh, it's not the first time that we've seen "big taboos" broken. (Guest Right, for example) The actions themselves don't bother me so much. Crazy/Vengeful/Ambitious/etc people are gonna do what they do.

What does bother me is the total lack of reaction to those actions. The truth about them will certainly leak out, and if Ellaria and Ramsay both just cleanly slide into the power vacuums that they created - without any significant show of disgust or revolt from anyone - that'll really be annoying.
    I suppose it might be related to the opinion of the surrounding people, too. I would expect Ramsay to have trouble simply because he's Ramsay. But how much love did Roose inspire? And show-Doran really was either weak or playing his cards far too close to the chest. Either way, he could legitimately be considered to have lost the confidence and maybe even earned the disrespect of his people. So while I agree that the transition shouldn't be entirely smoothe, I'd think it would be more logistics than overly angry / vengeful people. (Or hey, maybe that vengeance from within gets worked into the story).

Edit: Also bumping this thread with this reply because I think some show-watchers might benefit more from this than the combined thread.

Reviving thread due to people not wanting to hear about allegedly leaked content, but still want to discuss the show.

Solid first episode. A foundation for the rest of the season.
    Although, seems like Sam's content is nearly finished already.

Really interested to see how the politics and battle plans this season. Hoping for a few twists.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2017-07-17 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Reviving thread due to people not wanting to hear about allegedly leaked content, but still want to discuss the show.

Really interested to see how the politics and battle plans this season. Hoping for a few twists.
    Are we cool to post speculation on plotlines here?

Speculation is speculation, but if it's based on a book plotline, that should be in spoiler tags.

alright I'm not a book reader but I'll do my best.

Probably the biggest interest to me is how Littlefinger is going to crack Sansa's shell. She already had one very intense moment with him at Mole's Town so her trust in him is pretty non-existent. People suspect it will be the issue of Jon's father, I just wonder how he'll proceed.

The season 2 preview has Jon Arryn shouting that Targaryen's can't be trusted. That could spell danger for Jon as well as Dany.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post

''politics''

Lmao.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    ''politics''

Lmao.
    You dont appear to like GoT much considering u bothered to post snears in both the spoiler and non-spoiler thread.
    Wanna talk about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    You dont appear to like GoT much considering u bothered to post snears in both the spoiler and non-spoiler thread.
    Wanna talk about it?
    Not really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Not really.
    Thats fine then. I do however advise to seek some help. Its not healthy to be spiteful towards something as unimportant as a serie. The fact that you cant just walk away from it and feel the urge to shitpost about it is a symptom of a much deeper problem.

Of the four main story lines, I like that women play prominently in all four of them.

Cersei Lannister is obviously a major character around whom much of the story revolves.

Arya Stark has perhaps become the most interesting and her mysterious path has been fun to watch.

Daenerys Targaryen is a fascinating character and clearly is one of the major players for the throne.

Sansa Stark, the half-sister of the bastard Jon Snow, was imho ripped from the movie Taken as the stupid, clueless, spoiled, and entitled girl. However, her brutal education and coming of age have created an intriguing contrast, one who likely has a much bigger role to play in the coming days.