Page 2 of 266 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    /agree with Lokann, the series is amazing, and the trailer for the show makes me anxious for summertime! It's going to be awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with Lokann and Dahrla. George RR Martin has a way with words. I've been avidly following the Song of Ice & Fire series since the first book came out. That being said, I'm getting extremely impatient with the wait time between books. Part of me is worried he's going to die before finishing the series like Robert Jordan did with the Wheel of Time.

The TV series is looking to be very exciting. The actors chosen to fill the roles of the various characters have been pretty spot on for me. I'm excited to see what route they take with story telling on the TV series. I'm eager to see which parts will be left out and kept in. And also hoping to see more than just A Game of Thrones to come out on HBO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Lokann, Dahrla and Vlags :P GO DO IT NNNOOOWWW awesome series and you should definatly read them before the TV show comes out, so that the books influence how you see the show, and not the other way around.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Winter is Coming.

Last edited by Disenchanted; 2011-03-16 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    Looks amazing. The only issue I have is that Sean Bean won't get enough screentime. *Cries*

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. The cast of characters is so huge, I don't know how they're going to juggle them all.

Indeed "Winter is coming"

Started reading the first one on sat finished it monday and now working through book 2. I cant wait to watch this show.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Indeed. The cast of characters is so huge, I don't know how they're going to juggle them all.
    I would not be surprised to see some of them cut or shortened. Do we really need half a series of Brienne wandering around Westeros in the Feast for Crows series? (If the show makes it that long)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhgr View Post
    I would not be surprised to see some of them cut or shortened. Do we really need half a series of Brienne wandering around Westeros in the Feast for Crows series? (If the show makes it that long)
    But but but but but Brienne's awesome! D:

Well, if they manage to get the series going and it covers most of the first book, I wouldn't expect them to shorten the others. They are about equal in length after all (if you consider both parts of A Storm of Swords as seperate books that is).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlags View Post
    Agree with Lokann and Dahrla. George RR Martin has a way with words. I've been avidly following the Song of Ice & Fire series since the first book came out. That being said, I'm getting extremely impatient with the wait time between books. Part of me is worried he's going to die before finishing the series like Robert Jordan did with the Wheel of Time.
    You may not realize this, but GRRM has announced the release date for Dance with Dragons, it will officially be out in July this year.

http://georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

So looking forward to this, i picked up the book after talking to a girl who was reading it on a train journey, saw the dragon on the front of a game of thrones and asked her what it was about, she explained it to me and suggested i give it a try.

I must admit that at first it was not the sort of book i would normally read and for the first 100 pages or so i was bored, but then when the incest kicked in and children being thrown from windows i started to pay attention. Few more pages later and im hooked, wanting to know whos gonna screw who next, whos got the upper hand, whos going to die. Ended up reading the following books all within a week of each other.

An amazing array of characters, draws you in develops relationships and then changes them in ways you just would never expect. Martin has worked with them on the production and said in an interview that it was like actually walking through winterfell and he could not believe how they had got the feel of it so right.

Very much looking forward to the series it truely is an epic tale and hbo have a fantastic track record with book - tv drama series so it looks very promising, the ads are simply amazing you could not get a better one liner to draw curiosity for people who dont know the series than, "winter is comming" and for those of us that have read the book it's just an epic line to quote.

*one excited kitten*

---------- Post added 2011-03-18 at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Optimoos View Post
    You may not realize this, but GRRM has announced the release date for Dance with Dragons, it will officially be out in July this year.

Got mine pre orderd, i heard he actually wrote book 5 once before read it and threw it away because he didn't like it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimoos View Post

You sir...... just gave me a boner.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    You sir...... just gave me a boner.
    LoL TMI dude :P but I've gotta agree, this is a very exciting time hard to beleive we'd get The Crippled God, a Wise man's Fear and A Dance with Dragons all in one year :S add in DA2, Skrim, DW7 and possibly SWTOR and 2011 is a great year for entertainment.

can't WAIT for this show, I'm actually so excited, I'm considering getting sky, just so I can see this show as soon as possible :P

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Character profiles and a new poster:

http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/game-of...turettes/32823

I'm super happy with the casting of Arya. She's my favourite character in the book and the young actress playing her comes across as a very intelligent young girl so I can see her doing the character justice. And of course, Tyrion, aside from the lack of disfigurement, is perfect and he's my next favourite character.

Can't wait to see who Bron and Brienne are.

10+ Year Old Account
    OOOOOOMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGGG

that looks amazing DDK you rock those character protraits are amazing, I don't have a single problem with the casting of any of those people

Just updated the original post with a new preview trailer:

http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/new-gam...er-power/33217

They're really advertising the hell out of this which inspires me with a lot of confidence for the future of the series.

I am finding the wait unbearable. I want this to be shown now.

also "Winter is Coming"

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account

[TV] HBO's Game of Thrones first 15 minutes!

HBO's adaptation of George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series where one season spans the time of one book starts in 2 weeks (April 17th).

Here is the first 15 minutes of the first episode. Enjoy!

http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/...ones&view=null
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-04-04 at 02:11 AM.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks heaps mate! Been looking forward to this. I'm still not sure when it will air in Australia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic... follows the book very closely.