Deleted
    Anyone dissapointed with S2 prepare to be in tears in season 3 & 4 ; think of all the characters to be crammed in . all the IMPORTANT events that happened in book 3 , all your favourite moments in the book , then think about how short the episodes are and the fact that there are only 10 per season . I will enjoy forthcoming seasons regardless GOT has got to be one of my favourite TV show thats aired in yeeears , but we all know they can only do so much to compare to the epicness of the books George has written.

I am of the opinion that the third book has to be split into two seasons. Just too much going on to do it justice. Maybe do season three up to the red wedding then season 4 continues after that, maybe filling in some stuff from the fourth book to lengthen it. People would shit if the red wedding goes down and the season ends right there.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-11-18 at 01:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The third book IS being split into two seasons. This was confirmed to be the plan even before they started airing season 2.

If the second season was a letdown to you, be aware that the second book is probably the least interesting and eventful in the series (some might argue that the fourth is). The third big is, without question, the biggest and most intresting book in the series.

Personally, I'd rank them 3 > 5 > 1 > 4 > 2.

So, put simply, the next two seasons are pretty much sure to be top tier, so long as the showrunners don't screw things up somehow.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2012-07-15 at 11:16 PM.

Let it be known that 5 is pretty damn close to 3 in terms of interest. At least, it is if you like Dany and Tyrion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, Bran's storyline was absolutely my favorite part of book 5. Dany's part is pretty good because it involves her finally actually dealing with some real consequences and not just managing to muddle through everything unscathed.

Dany's worst storyline in the books is from book 2 (Qarth), which I feel the show improved a bit by adding some actual drama to it.

At any rate, I feel like the second book is the lowest point in the series, and figure it'll probably be true of the show, too. So don't let the second season discourage you from sticking with it, because the third and fourth seasons should be great.

Deleted
    So I'm totally new to this. I have heard of A Song of Ice and Fire before but never delved deep.

Given the buzz the TV series has generated I guess it must be pretty good. I think I'll start with season 1 and season 2..

Is there any particular reason why the series became more popular during the second season?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Is there any particular reason why the series became more popular during the second season?
    Word of mouth and DVD/Blue Ray release. That, and the books. ASOIF fans also tend to recruit people into reading and/or watching.

It's also damned good. It isn't for everyone, but most people exposed to it latch on.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://winteriscoming.net/2012/07/iw...me-of-thrones/

According to this tumblr blogger, she was on set a few days ago and watched a scene involving Iwan Rheon. The link will contain some spoilers for his character and another major one, but most importantly, it confirms that Rheon’s character of “Boy” is indeed Ramsay Snow, based on the character’s action in that scene.
    Very good choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Im absolutely buzzing about seeing Iwan take on this role , I loved him in misfits but its going to be epic to see him take on Ramsay's role . I hope this doesnt make me hate him though :P seeing as I despise Ramsay already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    :O seriously?
    please don't be a joke

if this is a joke I swear to god I will shotgun something...

I LOVE this guy, he was the best thing about Misfits (okay 2nd behind Alisha ) he's a fan-fucking-TASTIC actor and manages to shine even in the sometimes less than steller writing of Misfits.... Stick him in a AAA title like Game of Thrones, then give him a MEATY fucking roll like Ramsay..... oh yeah... this is going to be LEGENDARY.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Stick him in a AAA title like Game of Thrones, then give him a MEATY fucking roll like Ramsay..... oh yeah... this is going to be LEGENDARY.
    And yes, we will unfortunately have to "wait for it"

So I finally finished watching Season 2 last night.

Man, after such an epic, amazing second last episode, the finale was a booooooooorefest!

Still, really looking forward to S3 next year.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

This is a really good show i regular watch this show this is my favorite tv show. I regular watch this show. First time I watch this show because my friend tell me watch this show is better from another show..

Can anyone tell me roughly what page number the scene between king Robert and Cersi is, the scene from the show where they talk about lyanna stark and Cersi ends the scene with the amazing, "it doesn't make me feel anything" line.

Realise now why I couldn't remember this part, it's not in the book is it -.-
    Last edited by Jeleh; 2012-10-04 at 02:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Can anyone tell me roughly what page number the scene between king Robert and Cersi is, the scene from the show where they talk about lyanna stark and Cersi ends the scene with the amazing, "it doesn't make me feel anything" line.

Realise now why I couldn't remember this part, it's not in the book is it -.-
    No. It isn't. But that doesn't bother me because it serves as exposition to non-readers, and is consistent with the characters.

There will be quite a few similar scenes, because it's lot harder to be subtle in TV show than in a book, you simply need exposition dialogue sometimes. Verbal sparring between Varys and Littlefinger is my favorite scene, and it would be impossible in a book, because there's no 3rd character to serve as POV, and they both know too much to have their own chapters.

In the end, Martin himself oversees every script, and if he has no objections, who are we to complain about differing from the books?

Only 134 days left to s3! Hopefully we get a first teaser/trailer in a few weeks here, around the Boardwalk Empire finale. I cannot wait to see how they handle this season - the 3rd book has so many awesome scenes!

spoilers for the first 2 seasons:

Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

I'm pumped for the 3rd season!

10+ Year Old Account
    oh Game of Thrones, how I miss theee

can't WAIT to see Iwan Rheon as the Bastard of Bolton, gunna be epic , do we know yet how they're dividing up the book?

OT: Jam, you should have called your Monk Jammohung!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Do we know yet how they're dividing up the book?
    Spoilers: The Red Wedding is going to be episode 9, following the pattern of having the big, dramatic event (Ned's death, Blackwater) in the 9th episode. I'm guessing Joffrey's wedding won't be until early s4 - it just seems like too much to cram into the finale; and the Red Viper has not been cast at all.

I'm hoping the final scene of the season is Cat getting resurrected by Thoros - people will need some kind of hopeful thing there after the RW.

As far as where other storylines end - it's anyones guess: Dany will likely purchase the Unsullied relatively early in the season, so maybe taking Mereen for the end of her story this season?

Jon's stuff will likely end with him making it back to Castle Black, and the wildlings first attack/Ygritte's death for early season 4. Having her die one episode after the RW seems like it might be a bit much, but who knows, maybe they will put the attack in ep 10.

I bet Arya boards the boat for Braavos in ep 10, after hearing about what happened at the RW.

Far as Kings Landing, I dunno - i bet they'll have to add a lot of stuff in there to keep everyone busy.

Really freakin excited for this show to come back!
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.