10+ Year Old Account
    aaah spoiler text, how I've missed thee

So is the Red Wedding confirmed for episode 9 then? Or is that just wishful thinking? I think pushing Joffrey's wedding back is a good idea, S3 seems packed enough without it.

I think I might have to have a Game of Thrones party for episode 9 just so i can see everyones reaction when the Red Wedding drops. Lol they're going to have a shitfit

Isn't it a bit early for cat's comeback? I thought that would be more like the ending of Season 4, isn't it right at the end of the book? If they want a 'yay happy ending' they can use Arya still being alive (episode 9 can finish with her getting 'killed' by the hound) to do that.

Knowing how they're handling Dany I wouldn't be surprised if her storyline was her gettin pregnant with Barristan's kid and sailing back to Westeros with an army of Dragons.... fuck Dany...

Aye, I think they'll want a 'climactic' ending for S3, I think Jon coming back over the wall will suit that nicely

Yar, as much as I REALLY hope they don't I'm guessing they're going to either totally remove, or at least DRASTICALLY cut down Arya and the hounds adventures, and have him take her right from the wedding to the docks and then from there to Braavos, so she can spend the next season training to become a badass <3 Arya <3

Myeh.. Kings Landing can rot, just have a couple of scenes every ep of Tyrion being awesome and I'm fine.

Also can't WAIT for Jaime and Brienne's journey going to be great to see Jaime becoming nice, I'm bored of having to hold my tongue when my friends badmouth him

btw has there been any more casting? Last I heard we knew Ramsey, the Reeds and some of the 'brave companions' but there were still a few missing names

GGAAHH can't wwaaiitttt!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Is he STILL writing the next book? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is he STILL writing the next book? :/
    The last one only came out last year. That one took him 10 years to write.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iwan Rheon as the Bastard of Bolton will be brilliant! superb choice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Iwan Rheon as the Bastard of Bolton will be brilliant! superb choice
    Aye, I raged when he left Misfits, but when I found out he left to be in GoT I did a happy dance, can't wait to see what he can do when he has proper writing/direction

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    The last one only came out last year. That one took him 10 years to write.
    Naw, it took six years, and the one before five.

Also the goal for the next book is 2014. He's missed goals by years before though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    Naw, it took six years, and the one before five.

Also the goal for the next book is 2014. He's missed goals by years before though.
    Aye, IIRC the goal for DwD was ~2009 , as far as I know he's NEVER met a deadline, but when you write books as epic as aSoIaF, you can take however fucking long you like.

I just hope he doesn't speed up JUST so he can stay ahead of the TV show.. I'd rather they just stopped the show for a while than he produce lesser books just to keep HBO happy.

I can't wait for next season.

Feel sorry for the guy that plays Joffrey though, lol. I mean, I hate him, don't get me wrong, but he said that once his character is done then he isn't going to be acting anymore because of the amount of hate he is getting apparently lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post

Feel sorry for the guy that plays Joffrey though, lol. I mean, I hate him, don't get me wrong, but he said that once his character is done then he isn't going to be acting anymore because of the amount of hate he is getting apparently lol.
    That's pretty sad! He's a very good actor if he can get that many people to hate him. That's dumb that he's personally getting the hate though.

10+ Year Old Account

hahahahah omfg that is classic. Tbh I think the phrase "Can't stand the heat? Stay out of the kitchen" fits pretty well here sure he's getting ALOT of hate (joffrey is a massive toolbag) but I strongly doubt it's anything out of the ordinary for such a reviled character, I know for a fact of at LEAST one more character, just in GoT, who will probably be hated more. If he can't stand being hated, then instead of quitting like a whimp, try taking a nice role next time, so that people see him in a different light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I know for a fact of at LEAST one more character, just in GoT, who will probably be hated more.
    That or he'll be a bizarrely awesome troll who will rival Tyrion for the audience's affection. :x

i havent read the comics but

doesnt almost every main character from the show die soon?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Nah. Character death is somewhat less common than people tend to consider it in this series (imo), but when it does happen, it tends to be... impacting. Surprising.

10+ Year Old Account

Mostly the kings and hands of the king. It doesn't pay to be a man of power in this world.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    That or he'll be a bizarrely awesome troll who will rival Tyrion for the audience's affection. :x
    I think we're thinking of different people I was thinking of The Bastard of Bolton and/or the Brave Companions and there's no way in HELL people will like them

10+ Year Old Account

Just everyone who's honorable/a good guy. Except a select few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Just everyone who's honorable/a good guy. Except a select few.
    One of the truly good characters does.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

10+ Year Old Account

Aw, well that's just dumb. He's a great actor! People need to stop being assholes. I hate Joffrey, but I can admit he's a great character because he inspires so much hate, but I don't hate the actor who plays him. Anyone who hates the actor is being an asshole.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Nah. Character death is somewhat less common than people tend to consider it in this series (imo), but when it does happen, it tends to be... impacting. Surprising.
    I think we think its so common because its so shocking to people who are new to the series. I for one didn't expect half the deaths to occur, at least, not early on in the series when I was new to Martin's writing style. I would never in my wildest dreams have predicted Ned, Robb or Catelyn's deaths when I started reading A Game of Thrones. I'm still use to the typical paradigm of "the good guy prevails in the end."

Of course, now I'm so jaded, I wouldn't be surprised if even Daenerys or Tyrion got wtfmurdered in the next book.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-11-30 at 04:03 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Of course, now I'm so jaded, I wouldn't be surprised if even Daenerys or Tyrion got wtfmurdered in the next book.
    Tyrion? TYRION?

BLASPHEMER!