The second to last scene where Daenerys mounts a white horse and gives a speech gave me goosebumps and made me think if Queen Elizabeth the first's epic speech she gave at Tilbury before the armada invasion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_...ops_at_Tilbury). Epic epic epic.

15+ Year Old Account
    A dragon is no slave. Drogon, Dracarys!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I think the show is incredibly overrated. You get about 3min with each character every episode and almost nothing happens. They move the plot forward less in a season then some shows do in a single episode.[COLOR="red"]
    It's the amount of unique characters IMO and the overall plot in which in one way or another they relate that make this series so good, both in the books and the show. Yes, there are a lot of characters and there isn't always always 'action' going on but I've yet to be bored with anything. Granted, I'll admit sometimes you get engrossed enough with one character that you just want to see more and I suppose that can be annoying if you want to see more (I particularly enjoy Daenarys and Jon Snow Sequences). But I, and I think most viewers, rather like the multiple perspectives that are going on, it's nice to see things from all sorts of different characters. And at that, the characters feel very real, it's very rare you find that.

This season can be slow as it wants to be...because

it's
    all
    leading
    up

to
    something

RED
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Least i got to see the last 20 secs of last weeks episode in the recap this week

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    This season can be slow as it wants to be...because

it's
    all
    leading
    up

to
    something

RED
    Bleh I for one am not looking forward to it. I wish I'd never read the books! I'd definitely like to have approached this series with no knowledge. Maybe something like this is a good idea.

Deleted
    Found this in a non-spoiler thread:

One gripe about this season is that it needs more of THE KING INNA NORTH
    They have to be saving him for something... I'm expecting a very Robb heavy episode before too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read the books and always love to watch the show to see how each of them contrast. I've literally just finished the latest episode and even though I know what happens, I couldn't help but constantly repeat that last scene with Daenerys when she starts her speech to the Unsullied in High Valyrian. As soon as that backdrop music kicked in, goosebumps instantly. One minor nitpick about the episode, sad about not seeing Sam slay the whitewalker and become "Sam the Slayer", also, if I remember correctly, wasn't it one of Craster's daughters/wives that eagered Sam into taking Tilly and the baby after everything kicked off, not Sam voluntarily doing it?

Didn't think Emilia Clarke could get hotter, dayyum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Minor episode 4 quibble, but it's a pity they didn't keep Mormont's last words in. They really added to the tragedy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Minor episode 4 quibble, but it's a pity they didn't keep Mormont's last words in. They really added to the tragedy.
    Yes!! It was something that really didn't need to be left out. I don't mind most of the changes, it's the small ones like that that bug me.

Also, Emilia Clarke's high school drama club acting takes so much away from Dany in the show for me...

10+ Year Old Account
    there isn't much to take away from....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    Also, Emilia Clarke's high school drama club acting takes so much away from Dany in the show for me...
    And here I thought I was the only one who thought that. She's pretty, though!

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    And here I thought I was the only one who thought that. She's pretty, though!
    You can get away with whatever you want if you are pretty.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's how Dany is kind of like that in the books, she's kind of naive, and she's very young, with moments of being badass. Her High Valyrian is VERY badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not how they decided to write her in the show that's bad, or her lines, or her as a character, it's her acting. She just started Broadway this year and they slammed her for her acting and her over-enunciation and fakeness, the same thing people called her out on in GoT.

I don't overly love Danys story, but god she makes me hate any screen time she has because she's just so bad, especially compared to a lot of the really great actors they have.

My boyfriend hasn't read the books, the 1st episode she wasn't in his first comment at the end was 'that was the best khaleesi episode yet'.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not how they decided to write her in the show that's bad, or her lines, or her as a character, it's her acting. She just started Broadway this year and they slammed her for her acting and her over-enunciation and fakeness, the same thing people called her out on in GoT.
    Honestly I never noticed this "fakeness" you speak of, and if she "over-enunciates" that's because she's about as high-born as they come (her character I mean).

10+ Year Old Account

I don't overly love Danys story, but god she makes me hate any screen time she has because she's just so bad, especially compared to a lot of the really great actors they have.

My boyfriend hasn't read the books, the 1st episode she wasn't in his first comment at the end was 'that was the best khaleesi episode yet'.
    Yeah, Emilia's always been hit and miss for me. I think she nailed Dany better as the lost little girl being bullied around by Viserys (god I miss him; Harry Lloyd was so good); I don't think she's found her feet with this young conqueror act. Couple it with the stiff, altogether unconvincing ham she tends to dish out ("I WILL TAKE WHAT IS MINE! WITH FIRE! AND BLOOD!") and... yeeaahh.

Then again, I felt more or less the same about Book!Dany. It was just easier to appreciate her misgivings since she was so much younger (wasn't she like 14 in GoT?) than Show!Dany.

Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    As with the books, the draw for the show is in its dialogue and realistic fantasy world (for example, the constant mentions of money and finding ways to fund things). The series is a lot more user-friendly than the books, where 100 or so pages can be devoted to events occurring in less than a day.
    I was just talking about this with my sister. She hasn't read the books, and i was trying to explain how you get so much more depth in the books. for example, when Davos is found by Salladhor Saan early in the season, you see him in pretty bad shape, then he gets rescued, talks to sal, then tries to kill the melisandre. Where as, in the book, he is having a pretty seriously existential crisis after losing 4 of his sons. A scene which takes maybe a minute or 2 in the show, is an entire chapter in the book.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 06:20 PM ----------

She is but a young girl, and knows little in the ways of acting.

Quote Originally Posted by QQingshaman View Post

She is but a young girl, and knows little in the ways of acting.
    The actress behind Arya is but a child and makes 100% better job :P
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The actress behind Arya is but a child and makes 100% better job :P
    Twas a joke for people who have ready the books.