Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    You can skip the Bran chapters until the last couple of books, saves you time and sanity.
    Just skip all of them and read the summary from asoiaf.wikia or something, saves you even more time and sanity.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    No spoilers from the books. But really, who is the bad guy now? Cersi finally seemed like she is turning towards the ´good´side a bit. Ramsey is definitely whacked, but for me, he isn´t a bad guy, and I was actually happy when he got his papers. Stanis? again, he is definitely not a fun guy, but not a bad guy either and if he teams up with John Snow in any way. You really have all these people fighting for the crown when the king is someone who isn´t really powerful or even remotely evil. It really is like Stanis said at the iron bank.. without Tywin, the Lannisters really aren´t much.

Tywin really was the evil puppetmaster of the show and even if Cersi isn´t reforming, she isn´t really powerful enough. While most characters were always grey, there were also always some bad guys ( Tywin, Joffrey) and some pure good guys ( John, Daryus, Arya).

I do think Stanis is now the ´guy to beat´. Daryus has lost her right hand man and her biggest assets are uncontrollable. Stanis is probably going to get the army from the north to work with him.

The whole thing with Bran just bores me, even the fighting scene tonight I was hoping would be over soon so we could get more Tyrian time.
    Cersei isn't good, she is a twisted bitch lol. I would actually consider her far more evil then Tywin. Tywin I don't consider evil, he is just a practitioner of realism(the political theory) much like the great powers of our own world. If innocent people die then it's collateral damage.

Why is he a practitioner of realism? Well I think all of the below listed criterias/theories can be applied to his reasoning and he acts accordingly. Exchange States/Groups with Families and you are set.

The international system is anarchic.
    The international system exists in a state of constant antagonism (see international anarchy).
    States are the most important actors.
    All states within the system are unitary, rational actors
    States tend to pursue self-interest.
    Groups strive to attain as many resources as possible (see relative gain).
    The primary concern of all states is survival.
    States build up military to survive, which may lead to a security dilemma
    As for your question, it was a while since I read the books now and having had no chance to watch the show until now(been abroad and busy) there are a lot of things to take in, let me just say that the show in many ways goes it's own way, the major things are still there but there are also significant differences, I found myself suprised several times, not in a bad way, suprises are good, had it been an exact copy of the books it would have been less exciting for those of us who have read them. But Cersei is still there and she is still a force to be reckoned with. Some families that we have had less exposure to will likely get more attention in seasons to come as well, there is still a lot of meat on the bones.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2014-07-20 at 01:38 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    I have to admit, re-watching the seasons is truly enlightening. There's just so much stuff that you too easily forget...

After the fourth season finale I felt that Sandor Clegane must be pretty fucked and I was suspecting there's no hope for him now, but I just watched his trial by combat for another time. The Hound fatally struck down Beric Dondarrion, the leader of the Brotherhood without Banners, but the Lord of Light resurrected him immediately after. And when the Brotherhood set Sandor free, Beric said to him: "The Lord of Light isn't done with you yet." So that makes me think - what if it's the Brotherhood that comes to Sandor's rescue? I think it'd be fitting - and the Fire God they serve surely is powerful enough to save the Hound.

Man, I so much wish this will happen - I really don't want to see good ol' Sandor gone just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the Hound isn't dead, I think he's the type of character where we have to see his death to believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Pretty sure the Hound isn't dead, I think he's the type of character where we have to see his death to believe it.
    yep, i agree. He'll pop up again just when Arya doesn't expect it and everyone will go Whaaaaaaaaat!
    Hi

If he does show up again I wouldn't be surprised if he dies not long afterwards. I think that he'll be brought back for a very specific purpose - perhaps settling the score with his now undead brother - once and for all. I predict that would go the way of Oberyn, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    If he does show up again I wouldn't be surprised if he dies not long afterwards. I think that he'll be brought back for a very specific purpose - perhaps settling the score with his now undead brother - once and for all. I predict that would go the way of Oberyn, though.
    Spoiler bro...

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Spoiler bro...
    what spoiler? in one of the final eps of the season the guy told cersei that he can keep him alive but he wont be the same but still keep his strength.

I hope TJ doesn't think the fight between Sandor and unGregor is a spoiler. That's just pure conjecture on the part of fans. We really should have a "pure conjecture that I'm making up as I go along" tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I hope TJ doesn't think the fight between Sandor and unGregor is a spoiler. That's just pure conjecture on the part of fans. We really should have a "pure conjecture that I'm making up as I go along" tag.
    It's not the fight. He thinks Gregor dying and being undead is a spoiler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    I have to admit, re-watching the seasons is truly enlightening. There's just so much stuff that you too easily forget...

After the fourth season finale I felt that Sandor Clegane must be pretty fucked and I was suspecting there's no hope for him now, but I just watched his trial by combat for another time. The Hound fatally struck down Beric Dondarrion, the leader of the Brotherhood without Banners, but the Lord of Light resurrected him immediately after. And when the Brotherhood set Sandor free, Beric said to him: "The Lord of Light isn't done with you yet." So that makes me think - what if it's the Brotherhood that comes to Sandor's rescue? I think it'd be fitting - and the Fire God they serve surely is powerful enough to save the Hound.

Man, I so much wish this will happen - I really don't want to see good ol' Sandor gone just yet.
    First: I don't think that Sandor is dead... he played a quite big role in all four Seasons, if he really died we would at least see it in the Series. But how could he survive?

Well the Hound was basically in the middle of nowhere when Arya left him. He said only a septon could save him, but why should a septon be there? It is too far fetched that anyone finds and rescues the Hound just by random. Moreover Sandor is too heavily wounded to go anywhere by himself.

Now comes my solution:
    Hot Pie tells the Brotherhood without Banner that a female knight is looking for Arya and Sansa Stark. So they follow Brienne and reach the location of the Brienne vs Hound fight a few hours after everybody else is gone... except for the dead Sandor. Because they have no clue where Brienne or Arya have gone and they know Sandor, they resurrect him.

There are theories that being resurrected deletes some of your memories and makes you more focused on your main emotions before dying.
    Beric Dondarrion doesn't remember much but he remembers his last order by Ned Stark: Kill Lannisters. He only lives again and again to fight against the Lannisters.
    Lady Stoneheart looses most of her emotions but keeps the emotions she had right before her death: Hate and Insanity. She doesnt care about anything but killing everybody who has betrayed her family and brought so much pain over her.
    If Sandor was resurrected, what would his main motive be? In his last weeks before death he actually built a bound to Arya, maybe he wants to protect her or all Starks? Maybe its just killing Lannisters again, or killing his Brother.

One of my favorite aspects of this show (I've only read a little) is that my favorite character list is constantly changing. So many fun characters keep coming and going. Before I could even start to really enjoy Prince Oberyn... Gallaghered.

As of right now, current series, top 3:
    1. Stannis Baratheon
    2. Ramsay Bolton
    3. Daenerys Targaryen.

Dany has always been top 3, cuz she's a cute ball of sex and dragons. Tyrion has always gone up and down, but has lost his humor edge (storywise, you know why), characters like Bronn, Varys, and Baelish have had less screentime, and others like Tywin have just died. Completely lost interest in Jon Snows arch, but was of my top 3 in season 1.

Lovely show.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    If Sandor was resurrected, what would his main motive be? In his last weeks before death he actually built a bound to Arya, maybe he wants to protect her or all Starks? Maybe its just killing Lannisters again, or killing his Brother.
    There is the possibility, with no onscreen death, that Sandor simply lives long enough to get expert treatment. Likely? No, but possible.

For resurrection he'd need a Red Priest(ess). (The faith of The Seven doesn't have that same magic, as far as we can see.) The only one that would fit would be Thoros of Myr. At that point, the only emotion I could see would be the one that dominated his life. Hatred for his brother.

Deleted
    Well, I don't see any problems with his motives. He could very well stay in Westeros to pursue his brother and get his revenge. Especially since Gregor seems to survive after all, no matter what kind of abomination he becomes. I'm not really sure why Sandor looked down on the Brotherhood without Banners so much, they did seem to share a similar mentality with him. Yes they are thieves and deserters, but so is the Hound.

He could also still head east either to protect Arya or join the Second Sons as he was intending to do earlier. The latter would mean he'd come across Dany, which I think would be nice. Dany's storyline severely lacks interesting characters and especially now with Jorah gone, they could use another main character.

And then a bit more speculation... speaking of Dany, I find it likely that she'll cross roads with Varys and Tyrion before long. Already in the first season, we saw Varys plotting the restoration of House Targaryen to the throne with Magister Illyrio, the same guy who hosted Viserys and Daenerys at the start of the show. He also once said that Tyrion is one of the few people who could make the realm a better place, and in this season it was hinted that Varys is indeed pursuing the throne as well. Certainly not for himself, since he has already said that he has no desire to sit on the throne. So he clearly wants someone else there... And it just so happens that Daenerys is still unmarried, and the queen needs a king just as much as a king needs a queen, especially since Dany is now showing signs of frustration when it comes to ruling. Perhaps we'll see King Tyrion and Queen Daenerys one day?
    Last edited by mmocf51f9d58e4; 2014-07-24 at 05:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    One of my favorite aspects of this show (I've only read a little) is that my favorite character list is constantly changing. So many fun characters keep coming and going. Before I could even start to really enjoy Prince Oberyn... Gallaghered.

As of right now, current series, top 3:
    1. Stannis Baratheon
    2. Ramsay Bolton
    3. Daenerys Targaryen.

Dany has always been top 3, cuz she's a cute ball of sex and dragons. Tyrion has always gone up and down, but has lost his humor edge (storywise, you know why), characters like Bronn, Varys, and Baelish have had less screentime, and others like Tywin have just died. Completely lost interest in Jon Snows arch, but was of my top 3 in season 1.

Lovely show.
    I agree with you on Ramsay, one of the most badass characters on GoT. I still am not sure about Stannis.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I agree with you on Ramsay, one of the most badass characters on GoT. I still am not sure about Stannis.
    That scene when Yara comes to rescue Reek/Theon and he's all "This is turning out to be a great evening!" and charges in all scratched up (Miranda is a hot piece of ace) and bare chested lol Plus, i loved the actor from Misfits.

Here is a nice quote from my previous favorite "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some." - Tywin Lannister

If Tywin can give honest praise, he should indeed be acknowledged. I actually thought the best post Robert combination would have been Renly as King with Stannis as hand of the king. I felt that would have been a really nice balance. None of the other combinations really set me as being good and viable, not even Dany with Ser Selmy or Ser Jorah.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 5 Trailer WATCH IT WHILE IT'S HOT AND AVAILABLE!

Deleted
    These handcam recordings of the Imax preview are pretty terrible quality... surprised they haven't just released the trailer officially since there are so many cam-versions up right now.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Winds of Winter not in 2015: http://www.cnet.com/news/the-sixth-g...eased-in-2015/

Is that "old news"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Season 5 Trailer WATCH IT WHILE IT'S HOT AND AVAILABLE!

Really good trailer, looks awesome.