Ram and Motherboard problem HELP!

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM: G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

On my system it says only 4.00 gb is installed.

I switched slots and it still said 4 gb.

Is it my board or ram? Is that board compatable with the ram?

Thanks for the help!

Should see 6GB, unless you're running 32bit Windows.

Assuming you're running 64bit OS or seeing the 4.00GB in BIOS, it's possible one of the three RAM sticks is physically dead and will not show up no matter where you put it. Diagnosing completely broken RAM stick is easy by inserting just one and trying to boot the computer, and repeat that for all three sticks.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

ill try that im running windows 7 so im assuming its 64 bit

Motherboard definetly supports DDR3, i would suggest trying the same that vesseblah suggested, test them 1 at the time.
    Might be a faulty memory, but that is pretty uncommon

EDIT: Check your Windows, there are 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 aswell.

Sounds like an OS issue. You need 64 bit OS to use more then 4 gigs ram. Check that first before going to the trouble of moving sticks around.

where would i check that?

Quote Originally Posted by Koekaine View Post
    ill try that im running windows 7 so im assuming its 64 bit
    Win 7 comes in both 32 and 64 bit. Open up Control Panel, System and Security, System and see what it says there. Down where it has your system rating it will say if it is 64 bit or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koekaine View Post
    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM: G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

On my system it says only 4.00 gb is installed.

I switched slots and it still said 4 gb.

Is it my board or ram? Is that board compatable with the ram?

Thanks for the help!
    How are you reading it as how much ram?
    Are you just looking at your Cached memory?

Take one stick out at a time use the first light brown slot.

When your computer boots up, what does it say how much RAM it has? It should say something like 6144MB OK

Deleted
    OS issue sounds like the most likely to me, bear in mind that the most common home operating systems are 32bit, generally unless you buy one of the packs that has both you have to specify a 64bit operating system as 64bit is still pretty much the domain of professionals, techies and gamers.

Just checked the OS its installed as 64 bit. Im going to remove ram one at a time and see which stick it is.