Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    And then you realize that even if you bind mouse1, mouse2 and mouse3 unmodified and combined with ctrl, alt and shift you still won't fit all the 14 friendly target spells you use as a holy priest. Something being easier isn't a valid argument for doing something in a non-optimal way if you still need to learn doing it the better way eventually. Create good habits from the start.

    If you feel that bar space is an issue you can just use a bar managing addon (which almost everyone does anyway) and put non-CD spells on hidden bars.

    people use 3 button mouses for WoW? news to me.

    http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169418900

    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...s/devices/7244

    or my personal favorite:

    http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

  2. #22
    Why using just 1 hand when you have 2? Well, at least I do have 2. It's much confortable using both than just 1 even using the best mouse ever. But well, do it as you like.

    After using Grid for years, and switching to VuhDo the past two months, I have to say VuhDo. It might be even harder to customize than Grid, but it's a lot more flexible by design.
    Exactly same here.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Personally I'd recommend mouseover macros over clique, priests have too many spells they need to bind to make clique a good option imo.
    No they don't, you just need a system. Personally, I have alt for various dispell abilities, shift for main use abilities such as heal, renew and chakra, ctrl for direct heals such as greater heal, flash heal and binding heal, ctrl + shift for aoe such as prayer of healing, prayer of mending and circle of healing. ctrl + alt + shift for OMFGSHIT abilities such as guardian spirit and devine hymn. Shift + alt for rarely used stuff, such as shield and lifegrip.

    There's so many combinations, all you need is two mouse buttons and a clickable mousewheel.

    ---------- Post added 2011-03-17 at 03:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You need a ton of plugins to make grid even comparable to vuhdo though.
    If you mean comparable as in just as bloated and ugly, then yes, you are correct.

    For a perfect setup if you know how to play, Grid without any plugins is enough.

  4. #24
    Fluffy Kitten Siri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,494
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    ctrl + alt + shift for OMFGSHIT abilities such as guardian spirit and devine hymn.
    Sounds like binds that would be awesome when you have to press them while moving.
    You people can argue about it all you want but if people would actually look at it objectively anyone should be able to realize that pressing one button is better than pressing more to do the same thing... always.

    You can argue that it works for you but that doesn't make it ideal, because it isn't.

    Edit:
    I am withdrawing from further discussing the subject. My points have been made, stating them again won't make any difference.
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-03-17 at 04:35 PM.

  5. #25
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Sounds like binds that would be awesome when you have to press them while moving.
    You people can argue about it all you want but if people would actually look at it objectively anyone should be able to realize that pressing one button is better than pressing more to do the same thing... always.

    You can argue that it works for you but that doesn't make it ideal, because it isn't.

    Edit:
    I am withdrawing from further discussing the subject. My points have been made, stating them again won't make any difference.
    That's why you bind your instant cast spells to things you can click or use while moving. Besides, you act like pressing two buttons simalaneously is any different than pressing just one button. I can just as easily press "Q" to enbale Chakra and then press "Alt + Q" simaltaneously to use Desperate Prayer. It's not different, especially once you build the muscle memory for it. It's also really not that difficult to be objective about it, the problem is you yourself are so bent into your own philosophy that you blindly shoot down anyone elses ideas. Though I do agree, however, that pressing ctrl alt shift and then a button is extremely cumbersome.

    A medley of Clique (or mouseover macros) binds and keybinds is ideal, so long as you keep mobility in mind.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2011-03-17 at 06:11 PM.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Pressing one button is always going to be better than pressing two.
    That's also why mouseovers/clique is better in the first place. Less input needed.

    Healing with modifiers+mouseclick with clique is really no better than healing with a
    standard target on the frame by clicking with the mouse then press a button because
    they both require a key press and a mouse click.
    Issue being until 4.1 you have to press and release the key for the heal to go off, mouse clicks go off on the down, not the up.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Sounds like binds that would be awesome when you have to press them while moving.
    You people can argue about it all you want but if people would actually look at it objectively anyone should be able to realize that pressing one button is better than pressing more to do the same thing... always.

    You can argue that it works for you but that doesn't make it ideal, because it isn't.

    Edit:
    I am withdrawing from further discussing the subject. My points have been made, stating them again won't make any difference.
    Your argument is so simplified that it sounds like it makes sense, but it doesn't. Pressing one button doesn't have to be better. What would you rather do, press W and A at the same time, or press P? Obviously WAY better with two buttons in that situation. I also assume that the argument that more buttons are worse is that it's slower, not true, you press them all at the same time. You will also keep the ones you use a lot pressed down, it's not like I press shift every Heal when I'm Heal spamming, I keep it pressed while clicking my mouse. Add in ctrl, throw a circle of healing, release control, keep clicking. Fast and logical.

    I have no problem throwing any of my spells moving, which actually might need to be thrown while moving. You can't move while casting divine hymn, and I'll throw guardian spirit on tank before I start moving since that's most definitely prio. Not that I use it so much that it would ever become an issue.

    In fact, following that argument, one could easily say clicking with modifiers is superior since this lets you keep your fingers on WASD at all times, I don't have to worry about any other keybinds.
    Last edited by tobberoth; 2011-03-18 at 03:09 PM.

  8. #28
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Elune
    Posts
    996
    On the Grid vs. Vuhdo thing, I personally prefer Vuhdo, but there's nothing wrong with Grid. Even though I endlessly hound my guildies to try Vuhdo, I'd much rather people try both and see which one works for them, than simply go along with the crowd and not understand why there are certain preferences.


    On mousebinds vs. keybinds, I have to say mousebinds easily win. I currently use around 20 mousebinds (some macros and such). One can argue that it's more efficient to use a single key, but it's really missing the point. It takes exactly the same amount of time to press, a single key as it does to press a modifier and a mouse button because they can be done simultaneously. As such that argument against is mostly fluff, though I will agree that a single press is easier. However, how do I get 20 keybinds close to WASD? I end up either having to use some keys that are somewhat inconvenient (eg, 5, F5, T, G) or I have to use a modifier, which defeats that whole line of reasoning. Moreso, if I want to have other keybinds for things that I wouldn't use for healing like CDs, pot, shadowfiend, chakra, DPS spells, etc. I have to get even MORE inconvenient binds, but by using modifiers lets me save the convient binds for those.

    Moreso, I can easily press Shift, CTRL, or ALT while making use of WASD, so I can press them while moving since I move with my ring, middle and index finger but press the modifiers with my pinky and thumb. But if I use lots of other keys, I HAVE to press some of them with my movement fingers which can easily interfere where modifier keys do not.

    Finally, I actually find that the modifier keys help me intuitively with spell selection, assuming you set them up intelligently. For instance, Heal is on button 1, and Greater Heal is a modifer of that, or buffs/dispels are on the same modifier, etc. I won't bother to go through my whole logic on the layout I use, but that I think lay them out such that I think of them in terms of their effect and how they relate to eachother makes it feel a lot more intuitive than thinking of each spell individually.

  9. #29
    Mechagnome Veiled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    538
    There's a disc guide @ http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=143 that may be helpful to you (if not now, in the future). It's centered more around 85, but it could still help you out in addition to the previous comments.

    MoP Guides, Raiding and Pre-Raiding BiS Lists, Theorycrafting, Healing/DPS Help & More!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •