Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There's gonna be so much cheese in bronze, learn how to deal with cheese from all races and you win

Quote Originally Posted by Fumlerlol View Post
    There's gonna be so much cheese in bronze, learn how to deal with cheese from all races and you win
    more cheese in high plat/low diamond tbh :/

mid diamond when cheese starts to fade away a bit.

Its pretty easy to get out of Bronze, just make sure that whatever you do, you keep producing worker units. Also make sure your on top of army production.

Sheer macro alone should get you out of bronze and silver easily. You only need to worry about microing units when you hit the later stages of Gold or maybe even platinum.

Watching Day9 is a great idea, just don't fall into the trap of watching him all the time, along with various shoutcasts and not actually playing the game!

The only way you'll gonna get better is by playing! Pro Tip

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Get good with each race and run random.

Early on focus on minerals less on gas. and spam your first unit.

Proxy pylon and cannon rush.

Marine spam until you have marauders and medivacs.

Zergling rush until you have 3 hatchery and move into hydralisks and mutas.
    SC2 cannot be explained in 5 lines.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    lol it doesn't get much better, i've won my last 11 games, one of which was vs a protoss that was rank 41 platnum, and im still rank 14 bronze >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Greivence View Post
    lol it doesn't get much better, i've won my last 11 games, one of which was vs a protoss that was rank 41 platnum, and im still rank 14 bronze >.<
    Keep working at it! Beating plat is a good start.

Just remember; SCOUTING is key to any victory, keybinds for your production structures and rally points as well. When you're in an enemy base and things are going well, set your rally points to their base, quicker reinforcements are the best thing you can have. Make sure when you win and lose to always look at your replays to find out what you can do better. Spend your minerals, the key to this is to keep your minerals under 1000 unless your going for a tech switch(only if your zerg) then you can stock pile. Upgrading your units is the best thing you can do, especially T1 units(Zealots, Marines, and zerglings). They benefit most from upgrades. Don't get flustered, when things are not going well don't overreact to the situation. If you're playing as zerg, always be one base a head of your opponent, especially Terran.

Deleted
    I suggest the original poster watches this paticular Day9 daily:

http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/4890848/

Regardless of what you think of Day[9] aka Sean as a caster, a player or a general human being his dedication to all things starcraft is undeniable.

Well worth a watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been said numerous times in this thread, but I'm going to say it again.

Go to day[9]. Go now:
    http://day9tv.blip.tv/
    Last edited by Monsieur Sploosh; 2011-03-17 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i have been taking a break from wow for a month so i have been playing some starcraft. i really love the game and i think it is great. but the problem is i feels like everyone i play against is sooo much better than myself. i guess im destine to be bad at this game =/

have any of you guys had trouble getting better at this game? any idea of how to get over the plateau effect?
    Everyone is incredibly bad at RTS games at first, specifically Starcraft 2. It's just not a very noob friendly game (but very enjoyable after you get better). The most important thing for beginners is getting the fundamentals down, i.e. constant worker production, not getting supply blocked, and a bunch of other stuff that Day9 has said before. Also, if you want to improve at the game, watch Day9's dailies. If you want to learn a lot of general information about the game and be entertained, watch HD and Psy's casts (don't just mimic the strategies the pro's use though). If you want to listen to a squealing retard cast SC2 games, watch Husky's casts

I'm a high diamond terran, if you show me one of your replays I can give you some critique.

In regards to cheese, scout for it every game in bronze and just don't do it yourself. Focus on macro (macromanagement, aka building up a strong economy and using your minerals/gas to build up a strong army).

If you play a game and don't understand how/why you lost, or if you just played a game that involved something you didn't understand, watch the replay; it really does help a lot in the long run. Analyze your mistakes so you don't make them next time.

One last thing, if you just play a lot you will inevitably get better. Don't play if you don't want to though.

That's all the advice I can think of, good luck!