Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Ogemaniac, you're making a lot of assumptions without any real grounds for those assumptions.

1. You assume that emni often tank heals.

2. You assume that Living Seed provides a *much needed* heal. Most of the time when Living Seed's heal procs on a tank, the tank will be high enough on health that the proc wasn't anything close to life-saving. There are a select few fights where a boss mechanic will nearly 2-shot a tank (and Living Seed is actually useful in those situations) but in most cases LS is just meter padding.

3. You assume that Rejuv is little more than a meter padder. There are a lot of times that Rejuv does little more than snipe heal what direct heals might otherwise have picked up, but there are just as many (if not more) times when without the hps of Rejuv, raid damage would become overwhelming and people would die.

4. You assume insulting people is a good way to make a point. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Ogemaniac View Post
    Only if your goal is to pad meters.

Living seed healing usually occurs on a tank just after they get hit. Rejuv healing occurs pretty randomly around the raid. If you think these are a one-to-one tradeoff, I feel sorry for you raid. I suppose you are one of those people who spent the last expansion hitting "RJx5 WG" for three hours a night, three nights a week for two years, too.

When you heal is much more important than how much you heal, except in the most AoE heavy fights.
    Wow, it's amazing how you can feel sorry for me for something you dreamed up in your head. Assuming much?

I feel sorry for the fact that you are incapable of reading the whole thread and reading all my posts. If you were to do that you might have known that I will not be so quick to specc out of Living Seed. But hey, if you did that you wouldn't have posted and we wouldn't have known what an assumer you are, so I guess in the end it all works out.
    Last edited by emni; 2011-03-17 at 07:55 AM.

It comes down again to healing style, the raw HPS return on the talents has little to do with the comparison.

Direct heals crit place living seed, if you're 25man raid healing this will only be OOC regrowth on random people, little use for the seed, very often people dont get repeatedly hit to even proc it.
    If you're 10 man healing however 90% of your direct heals will be on tank who is garanteed to be hit again in the time while the seed is on him as well as casting more direct heals than just OOC regrowth. Effective preventative healing is VERY strong, more so than the raw number output in a sandbox would sugest.

Gtfo people, Living Seed is NOT good, it was NEVER good, and hopefully Blizz is scrapping it from the game. Even when on full tank healing duty, the bs never went over 3% effective healing done, and for THREE talent points? gtfo...
    WTB talented signature creators!

No one is saying that Living Seed is good. It's just that depending on your healing playstyle, Blessing of the Grove and Nature's Bounty may not be any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I still don't understand why they won't give resto druids 1 ability or talent that actually works to avoid incoming damage or reduce it (on another player that is). We are sorely missing this as pretty much every other healing class has a method to do so (they are making it so Shaman get it in the patch). I'd rather them have either left Tranquility alone with the long timer or left Efflorescence the way it was and Blizzard gave us an ability we are obviously lacking. That or pick one to change and then still give us the damage reduction ability.
    Please stop asking for more homogenization. Just because everyone else has it, doesn't mean druids need it. People who think like that are the reason DKs have a battle rez. Learn to appreciate class diversity, or GTFO my game and play Runescape. Thank you.
    For every enemy player you don't kill on a PvP server, I will kill three.