Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

The mages union: Why we need to be buffed... again!

Welcome, fellow mages! Once more, it is time for us to hold this convenient council, as the PTR evolves entirely around our class once again.
    It is my pleassure and previledge to announce, that once more, we will recieve a buff. Our aid in self-defensive mechanism that currently allows us to elude up to four targets at a time, should now consistantly increase our survivability, and we will be even harder to slay! Huzzah!

Many of you may have noticed, that our current useless abilities, such as deepfreeze, ring of frost and ice lance, which are of no use in PvP, should also soon recieve a review, so that they can rightfully be upgraded. My brothers and sisters, have we not suffered enough in the past? Did we not live through nerf after nerf five years ago? Sure, they buffed us back, but I believe, that payment for our weeks of suffering, being only among the top 5 best PvP classes, is long overdue!

It is time for us to step up and unite against the anti-mage policies that Blizzard entertainment has been running atleast 1/4000th of their development time with World of Warcraft. We have had enough, once and for all! - Again.

We need to take it to the Developers, and demand that our spell costs are reduced even further! Yes, I am aware they were reduced not long ago, but I can simply not get through more than 48 frostbolts in a single manatank! How is this fair, when a class such as Death Knight can continuously hit somebody with a sword? I say we demand a new system! From now on, all our spells shall cost no mana! We must break free from the tyranny of resource management, and embrace the ways of Sandbox mode! Our class needs to be more forgiving. Actualy, our class must at all times be on it's knees and beg the player for forgiveness while serving tea and cookies!

You, too, can become part of this movement! But before you join, please read through our very detailed and unbiased FAQ:

Q: I'm a frost mage. I rolled this class to dominate PvP, but several classes require me to cast multiple spells before they go dead! And sometimes I have to move when they get near me! is this fair?
    A: Absolutely not! Fortunately our self defense mechanisms are getting buffed in 4.1, but there is MUCH more to be done. I promise, young mage, that once we are done, a mage will NEVER have to move again. - Because we will work untill our spells range 400.000 yards! You MUST be able to cast a frostbolt from your starting area in EoTS and hit any enemy out there you wish! Anything else is unfair.

Q: I forgot to click my crowd control abilities and now I almost died but then I did'nt. Is there anything that can be done?
    A: Ofcourse there is! Rather than you having to remember to click multiple buttons, rather than spamming a single one, we are working hard to enforce new mechanics, that will allow your character to automatically cast CC abilities around the global cooldown. The current system is simply not forgiving enough!

Q: I'm in my greens still, but that does not mean I am any less entitled to pwn anyone else in the BG just because they spent time gathering gear. Why can they kill me if I don't click any buttons?
    A: They can, because the class system is imbalanced! Anyone but us can do things to prevent them from death. But we should not HAVE to, where as they should not be ABLE to. It is that simple, and we will not stop untill this has been seen through!

Q: I clicked something and it did'nt die in one hit. What did I do wrong?!
    A: You did nothing wrong, my friend. Sadly, the development team did. They are brutally enforcing a policy that makes our class so weak, that we cannot kill stuff with just one hit. This is ludacris. Do not tolerate this kind of abuse any longer! Join us, now!

Indeed, join us. Unite under our banners, and we will see to it, that Mages will become the ONLY Class in PvP that... Well. Actualy. Let's just make sure that Mages DOES become the only class. Anything else is filler filth.

- The Mages Union.

Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-03-17 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Restoration

10+ Year Old Account
    omg you just got a buff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I lold irl.

+In b4 lock!
    Thrall's Balls

well played friend.. initially I thought you were serious

At first I was going to come in here saying "Frost Armor not mana starving you should solve most of your problems in PvP"

then i read the OP.

I lold irl.

Q.Q from the warrior that pvps without a dispeller so is snared 24/7

Deleted
    Q: I'm a frost mage. I rolled this class to dominate PvP, but several classes require me to cast multiple spells before they go dead! And sometimes I have to move when they get near me! is this fair?
    OMG that was so good.. i nearly fall off my chair!! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    This, good sir, is the most epic thing I have read all week.

15+ Year Old Account
    So true. Only people who don't see it are mages.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a mage...HAVE a mage, have been one since vanilla... (I like my shaman more now) and I find this very funny and entertaining. :]

Funny how everyone thinks its funny and/or agree with the exception of obvious Mage characters.

---------- Post added 2011-03-16 at 05:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Celebronde View Post
    I heard dispell doesn't work too good when your stuck in polymorph/deepfreeze/ring of frost?

For me the funniest part of this post was that it was made by a warrior.

I laughed pretty hard. Thank you for this.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol when i clicked the tittle i was like "wtf we just got buffed..." then I read it and im smiling

I like what you did!
    what is a Healer saying:
    AFK means: Attack, fight, kill! - Healer is bored with spamming hots.
    WTF means: Way to fight! - Healer loves you for pulling with pyroblast.
    OOM means: Out Of Mobs! - Healer needs a challenge.

Blizzard should hire you

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be able to cast frostbolt while moving, maybe add that into the Icy Veins buff.
    "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something"

im sure as soon as ghostcrawler gets killed on his frost mage you'll get your buffs

although i gotta admit,it always make me smile when i kill a frost mage on my sub rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Celebronde View Post
    Before or after the healer is stuck in a near infinite number of control abilities JUST from the mage? You can't just be like "LULZ L2 BE DISPELLED" because arena matches aren't just "I get rooted, therefor my healer dispels me", shit is going on such as... CS's, CC's, LoS, etc.

Also... rated bg's... no arena teams... you should be one to talk.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Deleted
    lol nice thread^^