malware from mmo champ?

i was browsing the funny pictures megathread (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...athread/page12) when google chrome blocked it reporting it contains contents from profilebrand.com which is known to distribute malware...what could cause this?

oh and i did not know where to put this so -shrug-

10+ Year Old Account
    OH...!

Anyways, probably just some mistake, I can pretty confidently say Mmo-Champ has no form of viruses.

Edit: I am disappointed to say that your follow up post did not contain the letters "IO!"
    Last edited by Indiglo; 2011-03-16 at 06:17 AM.

ok just chrome beeing retarded again i geuss thx

Its probably from a signature generator site.

.... and a quick google search confirms this.
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2011-03-16 at 06:19 AM.

Google Chrome is wierd. I dont use it at my house and never have any maleware detections, but when I use my friends computer with Google Chrome, its always finding crap.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    OH...!

Anyways, probably just some mistake, I can pretty confidently say Mmo-Champ has no form of viruses.

Edit: I am disappointed to say that your follow up post did not contain the letters "IO!"
    Well, i'm in ND now, but i'm columbus born and bred, so .....i'll do it. IO!!!!

OT: i really have nothing. just can't resist an ohio chant.

Believe it or not, even MMO-Champion can give you viruses/Malwares.
    How?
    Users and commercials.
    How to avoid it?
    Be smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Malware can be lurking on just about any website... Even reputable websites can act as a host, on a forum like MMO-Champion, the likely culprit is Flash Advertisements, but there are also malicious links, etc (and apparently signature generating websites, that's a new one to me). It sounds to me that, in your case, it is the latter. Chrome detected that SOMEWHERE on the page, someone had linked to or there was an advertisement for the website "www. profilebrand. com" (broken up to prevent a hyperlink), which has been known to harbor malware.

I unwittingly infected my computer at home with an fake antivirus by surfing WoW-Wiki, someone had editted the "Alamo" (teeches u 2 play bare durid! LOL) page to include a script that auto-downloaded the software to your PC. Luckily, Malwarebytes was able to take it right off, but it taught me an important lesson, even legitimate websites can be compromised.

And also, IO! I know deadllbolt beat me to it, but I felt compelled to answer as well. =P
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-03-18 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Its probably from a signature generator site.

.... and a quick google search confirms this.
    God bless google. I wish more people used it first :/